Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chase Me To Win

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
To clarify, we also want to try and keep our two-week balance cadence where possible. We're figuring out some of the nuts and bolts on this still, but I think it's likely we can maintain that.
This is what I was nearly going to ask a question about. So with the slower release time will we see more frequent champion/item fixes? I used to play Renekton all the time, but have found his kit to be very lacking in the current meta. He's an extremely situational champion - which is disappointing.

Also, will freeing up designers from champion development lead to more maps/gametypes? Not that you all are doing a bad job. You're just doing such a great job that I am eager for more greatness!!!

Keep up the good work!

Stizunna

12-20-2012

That's cool but who's going to buy a champion on release now? Seems kind of silly. I would rather wait a week and save 1500 ip.

Shingro

12-20-2012

about time something like this happened, if the first week price is the metaphorical price to drag the more obstinate money people into the 21st century of digital content then that's fine. (though seriously, the long term health of the game does require a lower barrier to entry then "HEY NEW GUYS, JUST PLAY RANDOM CHAMPS!"

trollizer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

this is a new way to earn some champions. Thanks Riot

K K0

12-20-2012

How does the refund work for people who bought champions with RP? i bought ezreal on sale for 487 RP last week.

Kishimatsuku

12-20-2012

I got brand on sale and Nocturne last week. Hope I get my refund here soon. Wish we could get the refund for ez and the others even if we had bought them before

AznBOOM

12-20-2012

I honestly think this was a great change. Although the new launch price is 7800 I don't mind. Its only 1 week before it changes back. And this way less people will have the new released champions. And there will be a lot of more price reductions this way :3 Every 3 new releases and a old champ gets reduced. Awesome .

JoeDerp

12-20-2012

When a new champion is released, will we also get a list of champions whose prices have been reduced?

Swanlo

12-20-2012

Why is there no champs on sale?

hammer of justis

12-20-2012

That sucks i bought all the champions last or the begging of this year and i will not get my rp or ip.