Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Accurate Killer

12-20-2012

I recently purchased nocturne for 6300 IP on the 12/12/2012. According to the information given, "As with all permanent price reductions, we’ll automatically refund the difference for anyone who’s purchased one of these champions up to two weeks prior to today." I'm not entirely sure which day you have talked about, but I believe that it's between 20-21 of December which obviously is not past 2 weeks.

JoeDerp

12-20-2012

To be honest, I don't understand why this system wasn't already in place, as this is how I've always felt it should work.
However, I am glad that you're implementing it now.
Any idea when Kog'Maw will see a price reduction? (I can't be bothered doing the maths)

woaigcd

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitzio View Post
I bought Nocturne (and his legendary) 2 days ago and almost had a heart attack after reading the part about him being ip reduced. LOL

Then I saw the refund so like gangplank, it was k.
I bought Nocturne 1 week ago and i dont get refund,why?where is the refund?

Arkayify

12-20-2012

So i just bought Lee Sin last week. Will i have a IP refund for the change? (Given the extra 1,500 IP)

Purchase date was 12/12/2012.

TimmahIsASaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Awesome changes riot! Thanks for showing us some love and putting out an absolutely awesome dynamic system.

ShartDiaper

12-20-2012

While I like the changes to the pricing system, I feel it isn't optimal. Riot should follow a more capitalistic method to pricing to maximize profits while offering the best value to their customers. As champions fall out of popularity and sales decrease, pricing should drop accordingly. If these drops in prices result in a sustained increase in purchases, prices should increase, as well as increases for cheaper champions who still seem quite popular and cumulative prices drops for expensive champions that still aren't seeing a sales increase.

This method would help Riot capitalize on cheaper champions who've become strong in the meta-game and help players pick up champions they simply love who've fallen out of favor among the general public. It would also help paint a clearer picture to Riot of what types of champion designs the public truly loves.

mQdonalds

12-20-2012

Good changed RIOT! Even I am lvl 30, I only have about 50 champions and when I play ranked it is very shame. Thanks for the price reduction!

Lord Zethlan

12-20-2012

I like the changes on that. Kinda sucks on the first week 7800. But least dumbs down the first week Noobs on a released Champ. But usally I don't use IP if I really like a new champ with cool Skins. So this works out nicely along with price reduction as time goes. Less thinking on Riot's part of what champ needs what reducing. Simple n Easy.

Ninjuhjuh

12-20-2012

This is when people need to say "GG WP"

HeXaG0n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Completely awesome! OH NO I NEED TO WAIT A WEEK TO BUY THE CHAMP AT 6300... oh please, stop complaining.