Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

This is good but PLEASE make an announcement on website so we know which champion is reduced and when!! TY.

vWerewolf

12-20-2012

Why the launch price is what I don't get?
Also I am a fan of how often champions are released :/.

Nirosu

12-20-2012

Finally, Glad to have the price drops pretty much automated now. By far best pricing thing riot has done in awhile. Now if only we could get 1350 RP as a normal price point for some skins that are legendary cost but are on the mecha-kha lvl such as blood lord vlad and eternum noc.

Heavens Dominion

12-20-2012

Clever marketing scheme to be honest.

It's like Reese's peanut butter cups: They gradually make the cups smaller over time then re-release the original size of the cups and call it a new size, and increase the price of the peanut butter cup. People just keep buying because they think they are releasing new products and getting more for their money, but they're actually getting ganked more than before. True story, invest in Reese's stock and see.

If RIOT were really reducing IP prices they would knock down the actual IP prices altogether. Notice the cheapest champion is still 450IP...Nothing cheaper about any of that except that they will gradually reduce the prices of the "champions themselves" but you will still spend that set amount for the cheapest champion.

Literally, champion prices ONLY got more expensive in the first week, and they disguised that bump up with a seemingly "good deal/price reduction." ponze scheme if you ask me.

The only people who are getting any sort of deal are the people who purchased the original 5 or so champs who cost more in the past 2 weeks (probably a good amount of people to be honest), because they are getting refunded back some IP for original purchases to now buy those champs for cheaper. Everyone else literally is hosed. That few is probably so insignificant compared to the majority.

Anyway, enjoy all who think they're getting a better deal. But nothing has really "changed" in the IP scheme of things.

RP wise, I like the sound of that, that is a good scale, but your still paying out of pocket...

"meh" at best...

HI IM WESTON

12-20-2012

:/ i spent so much time buying all these 6300 champs when there were actually 6300... and now it takes even more to buy new champs. Kinda sucks for the people who've been playing forever.

Mustaphah

12-20-2012

Guys... they increased the price of new release champs in first week as kind of a counter weight to the fact that they will be reducing one at the same time. Temporary price increase... for a permanent price deduction. Sounds good Riot! I love this change very well done.

Maelthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI IM WESTON View Post
:/ i spent so much time buying all these 6300 champs when there were actually 6300... and now it takes even more to buy new champs. Kinda sucks for the people who've been playing forever.
It's a week.

faxxter

12-20-2012

I think it is a good idea to lower prices, is very fair for everyone and was a very good idea. but as other reviewers have said both English and Spanish forum, it is true that they do not take into account the veterans, I was raising money for three weeks and now Disen nocturne I fall in price and will only return the money to those who have purchased in the last two weeks which is not my case, it seems as fair, also live in a country where you can not buy rp to facilitate my purchase, I played a long time and am lv 26 and followed almost 27 and should be rewards for players who are loyal to LOL and have played almost since its inception. Not by that I desir to be a bad idea just that justice should aber more veterans.

EvolilovE

12-20-2012

This is a freakin awesome idea.
THANK YOU RIOT!

Now I can finally end the debate between buying Ezreal or Ahri, since it takes SO long just to get 6300IP.

oxBIGBANGxo

12-20-2012

This is not fair because I had purchased 6300ip Champions and now they will be 4800 ip.Will i get my IP back Please Reply! Thanks!