Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geoffrey Librom

12-20-2012

I bought Lee Sin on the fifth of december, (15 days, Which is one day over 2 weeks), Will I still get refunded IP for it being so close, Or should I just refund then repurchase for cheaper?

SmokeBombClock

12-20-2012

WOW these changes are EXCELLENT! I look at old 6300 champs often just wondering when they will drop! Now I'll know for sure! The old pricing seemed to be so random all the time.

The increase at launch is a wonderful idea too! I don't see why people are against it? If you want a new, mystery champion SO BAD you SHOULD pay a premium. Hell, I'd be all for this on new launch:

First week: RP only
2nd week: 7600 IP
3rd week on: 6300 IP

People that want to take a chance or dying for them can pay a premium, meanwhile people like me will pick them up much later when they are reduced to 6300 OR hit that next tier.

Useless Potato

12-20-2012

I bought lee sin with RP recently and i havent gotten a compensation for the price reduction. I saw in the shop that the price reduction has already taken place... I just want to know if/when i will receive the RP compensation. Thanks!

D3MN Camelz

12-20-2012

Good job Riot, really love these new changes. Keep up the good work!!!

Don Ring

12-20-2012

About time you guys did something like this...seems overdue but good job. I'm happy

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

12-20-2012

I'm not gonna buy new champ first week, only 2nd week. and if i have to start an account again, i'll never buy 6300ip champ again, only 4800 or less. it's very frustrating for a competitive game to wait some month a content to buy at cheap price. I don't like it at all.

At least refund the ip/rp for each reduction price, and everyone would be happy, because there is some broken mechanic here

CrimsonMoonX

12-20-2012

This is awesome! Finally a decaying IP price plan for newer people to catch up on champs

Cinkel

Recruiter

12-20-2012

I am so glad they are doing this. Now I don't feel so intimidated while I try to collect all the champs. This will also be nice in keeping people from always playing the brand new champ the moment they come out. Most of the time they ruin my game since they don't know what they are doing. :/ Thank you. :3

Reepo

12-20-2012

Quote:
SmokeBombClock:
WOW these changes are EXCELLENT! I look at old 6300 champs often just wondering when they will drop! Now I'll know for sure! The old pricing seemed to be so random all the time.

The increase at launch is a wonderful idea too! I don't see why people are against it? If you want a new, mystery champion SO BAD you SHOULD pay a premium. Hell, I'd be all for this on new launch:

First week: RP only
2nd week: 7600 IP
3rd week on: 6300 IP

People that want to take a chance or dying for them can pay a premium, meanwhile people like me will pick them up much later when they are reduced to 6300 OR hit that next tier.

I honestly don't mind this idea, but it would go directly against their ideals of "thou shall not buy power with money"

Also.... @Riot: The Reepo abides. gj.

CORPORALCAPSLOCK

12-20-2012

All i can say is... FCKIN SMART!