Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImAlexBtch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Why cant they just stick to the refund policy and give back ip from the price reductions 90 days prior to the change instead of two weeks?
"Our Official Refund Policy only allows refund of purchases made in the last 90 days"

Zeddakis

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyAznKid View Post
Everything's good except for the launch price >.>
I agree boo to the new ploy.

Prismetric

12-20-2012

Wow, These changes are going to be aweseome. League of legends needs more 4800 and 3150 IP champions.

Achenar

12-20-2012

So what I've taken from this is 'never buy a new champion again, and don't bother accumulating a collection over time'. It's far better to wait at least a week for new champions, or until I 1000% want a particular champion. Anything else is wasting money/IP.

Not sure this is going to play out successfully for Riot - I can't see this as anything but discouraging purchases. It'd be interesting to see the sales figures once this starts to happen, but I doubt they'll be publicised.

What happened to just releasing champions at the lower price brackets?

Lagstand

12-20-2012

disagree with 7800 ip anyway ppl with sense will buy next week of release

Erkebram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

they already start increasing IP costs, 7k now for a week, 6 month after, champions to 10k forever
and not a single lessthan-6300 new champ

Master Bei Shun

12-20-2012

I agree with the price reduction over time, but shouldn't the new champions also cost more RP?

Most people who can afford to buy new champions with IP don't dick around. The problem with new champions being stupid for the first week is people not knowing the game and hopping onto the flavor (of the month) train by buying the new champion with RP.

If you increased the RP cost of a champion, not only would you get more revenue, but a slim amount of bad people will stop buying it within the first week and ruin peoples' games.

Drakanous

12-20-2012

This is good. Even though people have to pay more for the first week, it will keep EVERYONE from buying them outright and lessen the flood of players with the new champs in games. It's not too bad as-is, but it will help, for sure. I'm glad I'll be able to get some of the older, nicer champs too without having to wait weeks on end just to save up. Good job, Riot

Pinkgraco

12-20-2012

Will people who bought 4800 ip champions or however much for 975 rp be credited the difference between that and the new price? Or is that just wishful thinking

OokamiNoSora

12-20-2012

seems like you thought this through and Im a fan of this plan