Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShroudedNinja

12-20-2012

wafsafds

Gafugarion

12-20-2012

New launch price is stupid. If I have 6300 I should be able to buy a champ on launch, I spend enough riot points already and it really irks me that you are treating your customers in this way.

RidleyBank

12-20-2012

I like how they put a TL;DR in this.

Baneofthewicked

12-20-2012

I like the changes they made so ultimately a champ i want is only a matter of time away instead of a amount of rp or ip

Gruel

Senior Recruiter

12-20-2012

I LMFAO when I saw the TL;DR

Vialley

12-20-2012

Finally taking ure time with champions hope to see something creative and not stale bread like always

BapXD

12-20-2012

Wait so if i bought some of the champions who just got price reduced, will i get a refund, like for Vlad i got him 975 rp, but not within the last two weeks?

ACGIFT

12-20-2012

This is definitely better than the old system. I trust that Riot would use good judgement in determining how low a champion's cost will go, to try and keep the relatively simple/common champions as the only ones that'd finally reach 450 IP. For instance, I'd hate to see Oriana reach that tier, and suddenly every scrub was trying her out and failing hard.

Also, I'm slightly displeased that the first-week price increase is only for IP, not RP. I don't think it was IP-buyers that were the issue with the first-day floods, (like we've seen for Vi) but rather those with RP, since purchasing a new champion has ALWAYS been easier with RP than IP.

Bad Luck Braum

12-20-2012

So if i get this straight. Everytime you release a new 6300.

1 6300 Champ is being reduced down to 4800?

Lirem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Well dang. I already own the oldest 6300 IP champs.