Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

12-20-2012
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post
+1 Hippalus, but I must agree the temporary price increase is unwarranted. Now, this is coming from someone who typically just buys the new Champs bundle.

Now to give you some insight. It's not the fact that you're making the increase. This just seems like one of those "We'll just make a soft increase now, see how it goes, then later we'll make a harder increase and it won't hurt them as hard."

It's sort of like a foreshadowing of sorts, we're afraid this is just a test for a more serious increase later down the line. You guys tend to test the waters with these types of things.

Anywho, like I said you all have you hooks in me and I just buy new champs right out of the gate, but I'll gladly raise the issue for those that can't.
This is the result of a few months of research and testing. It is not a test. My plan is to not think about champion pricing for the next year at least, as there are a lot of other challenges to address.

Stolen Sweetroll

12-20-2012

I love you riot! Thank you!

Moparcon

12-20-2012

Aflaack, you should receive an automatic refund shortly from what I've read.

Also, will some of the older 3150's move down a tier soon?

Thanks,

Mop

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

for some reason im getting the feeling that 7800 for only the first week isn't going to be rule of thumb forever.

im okay with it, for now though, but i can kinda see writing on the wall at least given the track record.

ChaosZeroX

12-20-2012

I like the changes. Thanks Hippalus!

RavenHusky

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparcon View Post
Aflaack, you should receive an automatic refund shortly from what I've read.

Also, will some of the older 3150's move down a tier soon?

Thanks,

Mop
Every three champ releases, a 4800 tier or below champion will be reduced by a tier.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Since it's only the first week with the increased price tag I'm fine with it since, you have the option to wait for the regular 6300ip tag or buy the bundle for the same price as before.

This will also help indirectly the people that complain that new champs should not be used on ranked.

Mr Stay Puft

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yes the automatic refunds for purchases within the two weeks before this announcement will cover RP and IP, and you'll get an email when they happen.
Will this include from gifting a champion as well. For instance I gifted my wife Lux.

Bluesfear

12-20-2012

I don't understand why the champion IP cost is more for the first week. People who buy the champion on the first week, usually have been banking IP all alone, what's the point?

Diiamat

12-20-2012

I bought Ezreal 5 minutes before this news was out :| ....when im going to get my refund?