A Basic Guide to Roleplay Combat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steampwrd Kitten

12-21-2012

There are OOC Rage threads for rants/shouting matches. If it's IC then of course they're allowed!

Jaykoboy

12-21-2012

Shouting matches? Random as heck. Trust me. It'll happen.

They are EXEMPTED.

Steampwrd Kitten

12-22-2012

Mhm!

Anyone else have anything they'd like to add? Also please upvote if you like the guide. Thanks!

Ask Talon

12-22-2012

You don't get to dodge if your character can't move in game as fast as your opponent.

EG - Riven wouldn't be able to dodge a Shunpo strike.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
I could say that those last three statements pretty solidly fall under the simply phrase 'no god-moding.' That's pretty much all we have to say over here.

Pretty much the 3.5 rules we have here:

1) No killing without permission
2) No being an ass about everything
3) No god-moding
0.5) No being utterly random and utterly destroying everything or, while we're at it, fix everything with no effort shown whatsoever, as well as control yourself when it comes to speech, topics, and battle.

However, it's only half a rule because two people are exempted from it. Namely, old Lulu and me.

Anyways, that's just the ruleset we've functioned with for a while. It's great that you've expanded! Although I'm no longer exempt...dammit, this is going to be a long rest of the year...

It's the same Lulu btw. Check Incident and the Pro Lulu Association.

Steampwrd Kitten

12-25-2012

Sweet. Though I notice people auto-hit A LOT and it's fine for some stuff, but if you're auto-hitting to do damage to someone and expect them to take it, that's a bit unfair.

Steampwrd Kitten

01-07-2013

Don't normally bump, but whatevs! :3

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Heh... that's why my main character never gets to see serious combat. Over the years he's grown into an insanely powerful mage, and no one can sustain an RP of that caliber on these forums, so he usually acts as a plot device...

Lord of Apoc

01-07-2013

This reminded my about how much my main Character needs a remake in the ability department.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-07-2013

I always liked the idea of a fight where, unless you actually have some ability to neglect damage done to you, a fight ends as soon as the enemy is able to hit you.
None of that ''Argh my arm, guess I fight without an arm'' ****, or wounded fighting, or whatever.
But that's might be just taste...