Domain of the Crystal Vanguard (Open RP)

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

09-30-2012

To the casual observer, the home located not far from the site of what became the "Crystal Scar" was merely a cottage, unremarkable, plain, boring. Upon a more involved inspection, it became obvious that it was no ordinary home, for while it had a normal door, located beside it was a squat, oddly constructed one. The cottage itself was located out of the way, befitting the inhabitants it held, a trio of unique individuals, if not for their stature, then for their choices in life.

The first was known, if only in passing, by much of the Runeterran populace. A champion of relative renown, even if not seen often, Skarner was the primary occupant of the home, the strange door that lead in was built for his own ease of use, and instead of climbing into the sky, the home tunneled into the earth, with ramps, more easily befitting the scorpion's physique.

The second inhabitant was a man, a summoner by the name of Sigmund Destrava. He was a tall, gaunt man, with a stiff demeanor and a sharp mind, hair a dark brown that matched his eyes. The man dressed as casually as his attitude allowed, in that he wore formal attire at almost all times, when not swathed in his summoning robe. Sigmund considered himself a scholar, more than a summoner, having trained to be one with the intention of using the amazing tomes contained within the Institute to learn more. He knew this place as home, having requested to be signed on as a hand for Skarner, to ease the Brackern in the transition into the world that was foreign to him as well as to sate the tugging curiosity he had about the slumbering race.

The final inhabitant of this abode was a girl, once again human, though only recently had she become a summoner. She was a novice, but had shown promise enough that her insistent pleas to be taken on as an aide for the champion she had personally described as "Too pretty and cool not to help" were given into. She wore her hair to her shoulders, colored much like sand, and her face was constantly adorned with a smile, the greens of her eyes constantly searching for the good in the world. Despite her place within the League's ranks of summoners, she is perhaps an oddity, her actions and personality befitting someone a fair bit younger than her. Nevertheless the girl, Anemone Aglaia, was talented at her chosen profession, as well as a fairly insightful person, when the circumstances were correct.

The home was three levels "tall", the first containing the rooms of Anemone and Sigmund, as well as basic human amenities such as a kitchen, a bathroom, a den, and the like. The second was led down to by both a dirt ramp and a set of stairs, containing more personal things. This floor was where Sigmund kept his books, stored in a unique kind of magical stasis to prevent the damp underground air from damaging them, and it seemed clear that it was Skarner's own arcane power that fueled the protection. Part of this level was wrought of dirt walls, inlaid with natural deposits of crystal and gemstones, an area where Skarner felt at least partially at home. The third, and perhaps oddest, part of the "second" floor was the room Anemone maintained. It appeared in all ways to be an area for honing one's body, equal parts sparring ring, workout area and dance studio.

The final level was lead to only by an opening in the dirt walls of Skarner's rest area, an opening most commonly sealed by a layer of crystals. This third layer had been seen only by Skarner himself, and was his personal chambers, a place where he bid no one entry without express permission.

The inhabitants of the home were presently on the top level, the Brackern conversing quietly with Anemone, whom responded with uproarious volume and glee. The kitchen was occupied by the ever-stoic Sigmund, currently preparing a meal for himself and his coworker.

Rat King Twitch

09-30-2012

With a crack and a tear a blue phenomenon separates the air and atmosphere near Skarner and Anemone, creating a rift of teleportation. Inside the blue void swirls and turns, forming what seemed to be an image of Zaun, the rustle and bustle of the crazed city-state already visible through it.

From the rift a robed figure appeared, sifting through, not a limb visible. To most, the appearance would easily resemble a Summoner; the robed being floats towards the Brackern and his female companion, stopping in front of them as the rift continues to shine and swirl, the image fading into a blue nothingness once again.

"My apologies. I've forgotten my manners in using the doorbell," the robed being spoke, turning to face Skarner and Anemone. "Though I can't help how fun that is."

The Summoner bowed politely, most of his body still hidden. "Greetings to the both of you."

The Graveman

09-30-2012

Mortimer climbed up to the edge of a cliff that overlooked the historical site. There were many things left abandoned that once stood peacefully upon the land that bore the pain of irreparable damage. With a pair of antique binoculars at hand, he twisted the dial on the side to set a view distance and surveyed the area. He gave a sigh as there were no signs of a hospitable place to rest at, but he was determined to continue his adventure.

Then, it struck him. At first it could have been his imagination, but he shot a second glance past a collapsed tower; a small building that was still standing to this very day. He smiled as he his hopes were restored, and quickly pocketed his binoculars inside of his backpack. It was a long trek down the steep slope, but there was a reason why he decided to carry some mountaineering tools. It took a good hour or so before he could finally reach the cottage however. He looked around to see if there were signs of life. Anything, even an animal would reassure him of the emptiness of this land.

After a few minutes, he couldn't hold in the curiosity. Out of impulse, he attempted to twist the cold iron knob of the door, but realized it was locked. Someone, or something, was living here. Realizing his embarrassment, he quickly knocked on the door, as courtesy dictates.

SandscourgeSkarn

09-30-2012

The Brackern scuttled to face the guest, likely the first he'd ever gotten in this place. He had expected the man to be prompt, and was not left unsatisfied, though his curiosity was still left wanting more. While he was not overly certain of the mans intentions, but hoped he was not fool enough to attack the impenetrable body he had, nor the friends with him.

He spoke softly, though his voice was still gravelly. "Greetings, Summoner. Worry not about your entrance, I knew you would come. Please, sit, I feel as though there is much we must discuss."

A single pincer was brandished toward a chair, while the arced tail pointed at the door, more words slipping from the giant's maw to the female by his side on the floor.

Rat King Twitch

09-30-2012

With a glance toward the chair Skarner presented, The Summoner's stance fell to a stand instead of a hover. Underneath his robe his legs worked their way to the chair, sitting with arms and sleeves connected, looking to the girl leaving them, then the Brackern.

"Ah, thank you. Levitation takes a toll on one's endurance with as much as I do it."

Skarner's voice seemed assuring of his positive intent yet firm and well spoken. The creature intrigued the Summoner as it did with all of the other Summoners he knew of. He examined the crystal scorpion and his surroundings, the hood concealing his look of amazement with everything he saw, realizing just where this abode was in the first place yet it seemed so normal at the moment.

"I believe I've forgotten to mention it; I am known as Metallungu, but since that name is a bit hard on the tongue, you may simply call me 'Metal'. Some of the newer Summoners seem to like calling me that." He shifted in his chair as if uncomfortable or bothered. Possibly even nervous. "I also believe I do owe you an explanation, don't I?"

Anemone Aglaia

10-01-2012

Anemone sprang to her feet and dashed to the door, giggling merrily at the thought of not one visitor this day but two. As quickly as she was able, she unlatched the locks and flung the door wide, beaming a grin at whomever waited on the other side. Despite how close she was to the man, she waved, greeting him as well.

"Hi! Who're you? I'm Anemone, did you come to see Skarskar? Or are you that mysterious business partner of Sigmund's? Who are ya? Hmm?" Her insistence and cheerfulness were both overwhelming to most people, even if she wasn't immediately aware of it. If she had been, it would likely have made her try harder to cheer people up.

She beckoned the traveler inside without waiting for his answer to her questions, stopping to shout over her shoulder to Sigmund in the kitchen to get some snacks, specifically mentioning "those delicious cookies Skarskar helped us make". She was nearly leaping forth from her skin with excitement.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Geokhan was wandering around the Scar hunting for Skarner's home. Unfortunately for him, he decided not to come alone.

"By the nine Hells, do you know where we are going??"

I am sure it is near here.

"Sure you are.....I am also a pretty woman who wants you...."

Can it, you red rat. I don't want to have to feed you to him.

"Try it. I bet I'd give him indigestion."

Hmmmm...

"You're really thinking about, aren't you?"

No, I see someone standing in front of a shack. The shack's door just opened. I think we found it.

"Lovely......Why are we here?"

To see how quickly you can get murdered by a champion.

"Lovely....one of these days...."

That day will never come.

Geokhan and Greg make their way over to the shack.

The Graveman

10-01-2012

"Skarskar? What is-" were the only words he could get out of his mouth before he made his way inside of the cottage, hoping not to offend. He looked around within, spotting Anemone yell towards someone within the kitchen busily making food. He gave a chuckle and tried to get another question or two in. "What kind of cookies? Is there a place to sit and eat? I've been traveling for a rather long while." The wizard glanced around the building to spot a chair to sit on so his weary legs can finally take a rest.

Sigmund Destrava

10-01-2012

"Indeed there is, sir. Please, right this way. The refreshments shall be served shortly." The man known as Sigmund had left the kitchen to address the concerns of the growing crowd, a tasteful white apron over his butler-like attire. The cook waved his hand toward the pair already seated in the living area, though it was understandably hard to define Skarner's posture as "sitting"

With his business concluded, he returned to the kitchen for a short while, only to emerge once more with a tray of tea and cookies for the visitors. The cookies were an interesting sight, with large lumps of sugar that had been formed into a single shard and colored to match Skarner's hide. They were remarkably sweet, as a result.

SandscourgeSkarn

10-01-2012

The Brackern seemed a trifle impatient at the moment, wishing to cut down and through any pleasantries that were to be exchanged. While he put up with decorum in most circumstances, this was the only place he had left to call home, where he would rest his affectation. He paid his hands no mind, instead addressing his first guest.

"Yes, Metal. You do owe me an explanation, and I would like to hear it. Now." His tone would brook no complaint or contest, weighed in heavily by the knowledge of eons passed.

12345 ... 9