Vi Strategy and Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iChem

12-20-2012

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=43083

Finished it last night but got hit by a storm and the internet went out >_> Basically the whole concept is AS and a bit of damage/life steal to take advantage of the W. You will still have the awesome burst for ADC killing because of the brutalizer but you also have the ability to chunk tanks quickly as well. I might switch the BT and Brutalizer around in the order since its more important.

I dont engage an enemy with my Q or R unless i know i will kill them and get out safely. Melee melee E is about all i do once i get a Phage and use Q to follow if they get away.

Evindy

12-20-2012

If it interests anybody, the build I'm rocking is Tabi/merc boots (judge for yourself which boots you need depending on the opposing team), Cleaver, Triforce, GA, Omen, and then either a Blood thirster or Maw, again depending on the situation.

Deathsyt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I mostly play on Twisted Treeline, but my most effective build so far is:

Boots of Swiftness w/ Alacrity - I was off-tanking, so I needed to initiate and chase down a lot. With my Q lowering my MS, I needed the extra MS over my enemies to keep up enough to chase with it.

Frozen Mallet - Tankiness + CC

Black Cleaver - Extra tankiness, CDR for my abilities and E charges, and the ArPen.

Blade of the Ruined King - Extra damage, Life Steal for survivability, added damage to tanky targets (and everyone is tanky in 3s), and the active for added chase down ability.

Maw of Malmortius - Vi is an initiator that is always balls deep into team fights and gets focused hard because of it. So on top of the AP shield to help survive being focused, it adds quite a bit to her damage.

Zephyr - Extra MS, CDR, and AD is never a bad thing. Especially when you consider the extra AS will help keep her W procced in prolonged team fights, and the Tenacity removes the need for Merc Treads.

NuclearNightmare

12-20-2012

I have played with her for about 7 matches, and I have to say that she can be bursted down real quick if I focus on AD for the start. I may start off with frozen mallet before Cleaver. I dont know, I will keep coming back to see what you guys are doing.

Godot

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearNightmare View Post
I have played with her for about 7 matches, and I have to say that she can be bursted down real quick if I focus on AD for the start. I may start off with frozen mallet before Cleaver. I dont know, I will keep coming back to see what you guys are doing.
I usually start with frozen mallet to get some health. My usual build is something along the lines of...

Merc Treads/Tabi
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver
Zephyr/StatikkShiv
Maw of Malmortius
Frozen Gauntlet

I try to get some survivability before I get damage since her intitial burst is so high. starting to think I should prioritize and early Hexdrinker over Sheen though

DarkenDragon

12-21-2012

im starting to get the idea everyone thinks that attack speed is a core stat that you want and shes an ad auto attacking champion.

to me she seems more like a combo burst champion, making attack speed a lower required stat, instead of a primary stat.

the way I'd play her is just harass from safety with excessive force hitting the enemy minions and letting the shockwave deal damage to the opponent. this will prevent minions from changing targets since you arent actually auto attacking the champion.

once the enemy is low enough, I'd save up excessive force for a duoble combo where i'd dash in with vault breaker, let an auto attack go in then followed by excessive force, and then wait another auto attack , and excessive force again.

this should give about 2 procs of denting blows. 1 when you hit with vault breaker, then a second time when your auto attack after the first excesssive force goes in.

thats a pretty heafty blow where you'll do a massive amount, and if the enemy survives, chances are they'll try to blink away or flash, or something to run, if they get out of range you still have assault and battery to finish them off.

if you want to hit a champion in the back of the group, you can subtitue assault and battery and vault breaker.

Godot

12-23-2012

I've noticed that her Q passive seems a bit OP at the moment, shameless bump with this info

Any thoughts?

Essieu

12-23-2012

Jungling her I've come up with:

Wriggles
Mobos Distortion
Sunfire
Black Cleaver or BotK (Get Brut or Cutlass before tankyness).
GA
Maw or Frozen, or Triforce. (This spot is like a Tanky, Damage item.)

Nidoking

12-23-2012

i noticed some of you build mallet & gaunts, isnt that a bit much? (regarding the slows)

Boomstick II

12-24-2012

21/9/0

~5ArP, rest AD reds (I use 5ArP because I jungle her too, and 5ArP + masteries will give you true damage on jungle creeps)
armor yellows
mr/lvl blues
AD quints

Trinity
Cleaver
Bloodthirster
Mercs
Last Whisper
Randuin's

Substitute in maw for magic resistance if needed. (Replace one of the damage items)

Trinity + Randuin's + Cleaver = Lots of HP
Randuin's = Lots of armor + a slow + passive helps a lot against AD champs
Rest is pretty straightforward