Ask the Thunder's Roar, v2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Kamala glanced behind herself again, then back at Bojrn before 'answering' his question.

"Uuuhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm....."

She glanced around a bit more, simply waiting for her opportunity to bolt into the door and meet her favorite champion. As soon as he would look away for just a split second, she would disappear, the only evidence of where she went would be the quiet click of a door closing.
Bjorn glanced away briefly, frowning as he heard the door close and noticed that Kamala was not where she had been. Realizing which door had just clicked shut, he paled and moved quickly to follow her.

When the door opened and Kamala stepped through, Volibear, who had evidently been resting his eyes, opened them and turned toward her, letting out a large yawn as he did.


"Yes, cub?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskUdyr

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
To Bjorn's credit, despite the howl and the flames, he remained where he was, body shaking in a mixture more heavy in fear than anger. When it seemed that there would be no more fighting for now, he let the Exhaust die, but kept his Summoner magic ready, just in case.

When Udyr looked over to him, the Ursine chieftain, who had been watching the exchange between the half dragon and the beastman with some interest, regarded him thoughtfully as he considered the question.


"To use it. To ensure your own survival, at the least, and ensure the survival of those closest to you, if you can. The purpose of my strength, both Ursine and Storm, is to protect myself and the tribe I am chieftain of."

He shot a glance at Shyvana.

"If you wish to speak about 'rights,' you have no 'right' to concern yourself with or judge what is beyond the reach of your strength. You can not judge that which is stronger than you, that which overwhelms your strength and ends your life. They were stronger, and you were weaker. That is not good. That is not bad. That is how things are. If you do not use your strength, or if you can use it no longer, something else will, be it plant or animal. Either way, your strength will be used and its purpose will be met."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"Strength has no point unless you use it for something." Shyvana said. "Just as gold has no value unless spent. And just as gold can be squandered on selfish greed, strength can be used for terrible deeds. But it can also be used to crush such evils under the banner of justice."
"Justice. Evil. Selfish. Do you want to die?" Udyr shook his head, "You do not. That is selfishness right there. Every, single, being in all of Runeterra is selfish. We are selfish because we wish to accept our strength. The Chieftain is selfish because he wishes to protect himself and his people. You are selfish because you think those you kill deserve it for being 'evil' and you are 'good', ergo they deserve death. You are young, naive."

Udyr snorted and glared at Shyvana, "You say that knowledge makes us even worse than ignorance. No. Ignorance will always be worse, because then you know not why you do what you do. We know why we do what we do, and we take responsibility for it. We do not hide under any guise, we do not cower from our lifestyle, the only reason we even bother trying to explain anything to you is because we see a possibility for you to be less ignorant, you have a sense of the primal rage that so many others try hindering. To be kept stupid is exactly that: To be kept stupid. Try being less and then you may have the possibility of being able to learn."

The beast man looked over and growled at the Ursine in the tongue of bears. Because of the fact that he hails from Ionia, his accent was completely atrocious to the Freljordian. <We speak later when we not in such bad mood.>


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
"Justice. Evil. Selfish. Do you want to die?" Udyr shook his head, "You do not. That is selfishness right there. Every, single, being in all of Runeterra is selfish. We are selfish because we wish to accept our strength. The Chieftain is selfish because he wishes to protect himself and his people. You are selfish because you think those you kill deserve it for being 'evil' and you are 'good', ergo they deserve death. You are young, naive."

Udyr snorted and glared at Shyvana, "You say that knowledge makes us even worse than ignorance. No. Ignorance will always be worse, because then you know not why you do what you do. We know why we do what we do, and we take responsibility for it. We do not hide under any guise, we do not cower from our lifestyle, the only reason we even bother trying to explain anything to you is because we see a possibility for you to be less ignorant, you have a sense of the primal rage that so many others try hindering. To be kept stupid is exactly that: To be kept stupid. Try being less and then you may have the possibility of being able to learn."

The beast man looked over and growled at the Ursine in the tongue of bears. Because of the fact that he hails from Ionia, his accent was completely atrocious to the Freljordian. <We speak later when we not in such bad mood.>
The Ursine grunted at the accent, but nodded at the words, responding in the same tongue.

<So be it. Good hunting, Spirits.>

With Udyr dealt with, or as dealt with as he was going to be, Volibear turned back to the half dragon with a growl.

"Is there anything else you wanted?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
Bjorn glanced away briefly, frowning as he heard the door close and noticed that Kamala was not where she had been. Realizing which door had just clicked shut, he paled and moved quickly to follow her.

When the door opened and Kamala stepped through, Volibear, who had evidently been resting his eyes, opened them and turned toward her, letting out a large yawn as he did.


"Yes, cub?"
Kamala stared at Volibear with wide eyes, almost in awe at the sight of the massive bear now laying in front of her. She took a few steps towards him, unable to keep her mouth from gaping open, though showed no fear of the champion.

"Wooow.... You're big!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

01-01-2013

"No." Shyvana said simply. "If you wish to desperately cling to your animal roots, I'm clearly powerless to stop you."

She shook her head, and walked off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Kamala stared at Volibear with wide eyes, almost in awe at the sight of the massive bear now laying in front of her. She took a few steps towards him, unable to keep her mouth from gaping open, though showed no fear of the champion.

"Wooow.... You're big!"
Volibear nodded approvingly at the lack of fear and let out a rumbling laugh as she spoke.

"I am. I suppose you were expecting something like the little Ursine you are holding, or what you see on the crystal screens?"

While they spoke, Bjorn slipped into the room and closed the door behind him, not interrupting, but staying ready just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"No." Shyvana said simply. "If you wish to desperately cling to your animal roots, I'm clearly powerless to stop you."

She shook her head, and walked off.
Volibear let out a growl at her words and shook his head, making no move to stop her. When she left, he returned to sharpening the gauntlets, growling his opinion of the no-longer-present half-dragon.

"Cub."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
Volibear nodded approvingly at the lack of fear and let out a rumbling laugh as she spoke.

"I am. I suppose you were expecting something like the little Ursine you are holding, or what you see on the crystal screens?"

While they spoke, Bjorn slipped into the room and closed the door behind him, not interrupting, but staying ready just in case.
Kamala tilted her head to one side at Volibear, then looked down at the plush she held.

"Like... Uhm... Like on the crystal screens! Mommy summons you a lot and... And I like watching! You run up to the bad guys and go..."

She promptly raised her hands in the air, dropping her plush as she did.

"Raawwrrr!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Geokhan knocked on the door.

"So...I'm asking a Gaint bear if he has Arachia gems in his armor?...WHY???....Geokhan, Skarner would've told you this.....Why am I here??" Geokhan facepalms.

"Now I need a reason for being a bother....Could I ask...breakfast of champions?...Dammit, Geo at least be unique....I could probably...."

The quiet muttering would continue until someone answered the door.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xcyper33

Senior Member

01-01-2013

((Wow that entire scene with Volibear, Udyr and Shyvana WAS AMAZING. Gives great insight to each of their characters. It was amazing how Shyvana got called out and challenged for her views, she got schooled by the older generation hardcore. I think all of you did a magnificent job))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

Senior Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Kamala tilted her head to one side at Volibear, then looked down at the plush she held.

"Like... Uhm... Like on the crystal screens! Mommy summons you a lot and... And I like watching! You run up to the bad guys and go..."

She promptly raised her hands in the air, dropping her plush as she did.

"Raawwrrr!"
Bjorn tilted his head to one side.

"Your mother is a Summoner, miss Kamala?"

Volibear smiled as she imitated him, then moved to pick up the plush in one large paw and carefully return it to the girl.

"Would you like something from me? Perhaps to hear my roar up close?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Geokhan knocked on the door.

"So...I'm asking a Gaint bear if he has Arachia gems in his armor?...WHY???....Geokhan, Skarner would've told you this.....Why am I here??" Geokhan facepalms.

"Now I need a reason for being a bother....Could I ask...breakfast of champions?...Dammit, Geo at least be unique....I could probably...."

The quiet muttering would continue until someone answered the door.
Bjorn glanced up from his desk toward the door where Geokhan was talking to himself.

"The door is open. If you have a question, feel free to write it down or go through the next door and ask the Ursine chieftain yourself."