Ask the Thunder's Roar, v2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana glared darkly at Volibear.

"Don't you DARE equate the horrific acts that Noxus has inflicted upon the world to a bear hunting a deer." Shyvana growled. "The bear hunts for survival. The Noxians hunt for greed and selfishness. Nothing Singed did was an act of survival, it was an act of sadism. You can hide behind your philosophy, ripped straight from the wisest of Ionian fortune cookies, but we both know that the only thing you can call ripping Swain's black heart from his chest is JUSTICE."
As Shyvana glared and growled at him, the Ursine chieftain decided he had had enough of her foolishness. Returning her glare with one of his own, he let out a roar that shook the walls and turned summoner Bjorn as white as newly fallen snow, clutching his ears against the sound.

"You foolish, snow-blind cub! Do you only hear what you want to and ignore everything else?! I have neither the time nor the patience to tolerate you as you blame me for something I did not say or hear you justify your desire to rip out the Tactician's heart! The world beyond the cities, the world you have forgotten about and ignore, is as kind and gentle as a Northern storm, and has no room for justice and injustice! Leave those words and your foolish attitude where they belong! If you wish to cling to them and use them to define the places where they do not belong, go annoy the humans who do the same! If you wish to stay here, stop thinking with the fire that burns within your soul and start using that thing your thick skull is supposed to protect!"

Ask Nunu

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
Volibear watched the cryomancer approach, his expression becoming more amused. Seeing this as happiness over the memory that had been brought up, Bjorn blanched, getting paler with every word, especially when Volibear spoke.

"Not yet, cryomancer. Though they will be looking for quite a few pieces if they want all of him."

Bjorn leaned against the door, looking as though he were picturing himself ripped to pieces by the Ursine. Noticing this, the chieftain let out an unimpressed growl and returned to the child in front of him after giving Willump a brief, amused glance as he picked up and lifted a larger weight.

"It seems they would rather they not be blamed for fools suddenly losing their heads, or would like to prevent it from happening in the first place. This 'attendant' sits out at his desk and files paperwork as he dreams of being a better summoner."

He let out an almost bored growl.

"At least this one is not a complete fool."
Nunu grinned and leaned against the Ursines desk creating a snowball into his hand. Juggling it around the boy looked over at Volibear.

"At least they trust you enough to give you a attendant. None of the summoners want to get near my brother. Too afriad he will gobble them up like one of the monsters in the fields. Granted it would be nice to get help here and there back in my own place."

The boy tossed Bjorn the snowball hoping he would catch it. Talking joyfully as he did.

"How about it big guy, wanna come work for us. At least then if you make the yeti mad he won't tear you apart....just swallow you whole."

He turned his attention back to the cheiftan looking completly innocent as he did.

"I was acctually wondering how the Ursine winter solstice celebration went? Were you able to participate this year Voli?"

Ask Shyvana

12-29-2012

Quote:
As Shyvana glared and growled at him, the Ursine chieftain decided he had had enough of her foolishness. Returning her glare with one of his own, he let out a roar that shook the walls and turned summoner Bjorn as white as newly fallen snow, clutching his ears against the sound.

"You foolish, snow-blind cub! Do you only hear what you want to and ignore everything else?! I have neither the time nor the patience to tolerate you as you blame me for something I did not say or hear you justify your desire to rip out the Tactician's heart! The world beyond the cities, the world you have forgotten about and ignore, is as kind and gentle as a Northern storm, and has no room for justice and injustice! Leave those words and your foolish attitude where they belong! If you wish to cling to them and use them to define the places where they do not belong, go annoy the humans who do the same! If you wish to stay here, stop thinking with the fire that burns within your soul and start using that thing your thick skull is supposed to protect!"
"So what, good and evil don't exist to you?" Shyvana asked, not backing down. "I could kill you right now, and no Ursine would care, because hey, good or evil don't matter in nature? This is your argument?! Get your head out of the clouds! You are sentient, you are civilized enough to wear something besides the fur on your back, you know that you feel right and wrong when you experience them! Don't talk down to me with this senseless drivel, because THAT is the nonsense that people fill themselves with to help them sleep at night!"

Ask Volibear

12-29-2012

Quote:
"So what, good and evil don't exist to you?" Shyvana asked, not backing down. "I could kill you right now, and no Ursine would care, because hey, good or evil don't matter in nature? This is your argument?! Get your head out of the clouds! You are sentient, you are civilized enough to wear something besides the fur on your back, you know that you feel right and wrong when you experience them! Don't talk down to me with this senseless drivel, because THAT is the nonsense that people fill themselves with to help them sleep at night!"
Volibear bared his fangs toward her, each breath coming out in a growl and spoke, his words laced with contempt and annoyance.

"If you killed me, they would not care. If you were alive and I was not, then fate would have decreed that you were right and I was not. Survival determines who wins, and death ensures that the other cannot argue. The Ursine do not know fear. They do not know revenge. And they do not care about human concepts like right and wrong. Because unlike the humans you try so hard to emulate, we have faced the very real possibility of our tribe coming to an end. I have not just faced it. I have seen it, half dragon, and I will do whatever I can to prevent it from happening. What. Ever. I. Can."

He punctuated each word with a heavy fist on his armor, which did not bend or break.

"Do not dare to judge the Ursine by human terms like civilized or savage, especially when the humans use the same words to describe you. The armor that I wear is a mark of my chieftainship and protects what lies beneath. That is its purpose, and it has no other."

As he spoke, he continued to scowl at her and speak as though lecturing a willful cub who refused to understand or could not comprehend.

"If there is anything good or bad in nature, that is what it is. That which is good serves its purpose, and that which is not does not. Nothing more, nothing less."

((Seriously. Stop using human words to describe the Ursine. They aren't trained bears, but they aren't human, either. And right and wrong is impossibly far down the list from things like survival. He does not care about Demacia v Noxus, or Noxus v Ionia, and only barely cares about Ashe v Sej. All he cares about, all he can afford to care about, is the continued survival of his people. The sooner you figure that out, the happier everyone will be.))

Ask Shyvana

12-29-2012

Quote:
Volibear bared his fangs toward her, each breath coming out in a growl and spoke, his words laced with contempt and annoyance.

"If you killed me, they would not care. If you were alive and I was not, then fate would have decreed that you were right and I was not. Survival determines who wins, and death ensures that the other cannot argue. The Ursine do not know fear. They do not know revenge. And they do not care about human concepts like right and wrong. Because unlike the humans you try so hard to emulate, we have faced the very real possibility of our tribe coming to an end. I have not just faced it. I have seen it, half dragon, and I will do whatever I can to prevent it from happening. What. Ever. I. Can."

He punctuated each word with a heavy fist on his armor, which did not bend or break.

"Do not dare to judge the Ursine by human terms like civilized or savage, especially when the humans use the same words to describe you. The armor that I wear is a mark of my chieftainship and protects what lies beneath. That is its purpose, and it has no other."

As he spoke, he continued to scowl at her and speak as though lecturing a willful cub who refused to understand or could not comprehend.

"If there is anything good or bad in nature, that is what it is. That which is good serves its purpose, and that which is not does not. Nothing more, nothing less."

((Seriously. Stop using human words to describe the Ursine. They aren't trained bears, but they aren't human, either. And right and wrong is impossibly far down the list from things like survival. He does not care about Demacia v Noxus, or Noxus v Ionia, and only barely cares about Ashe v Sej. All he cares about, all he can afford to care about, is the continued survival of his people. The sooner you figure that out, the happier everyone will be.))
Shyvana just shook her head.

"I'm sure Ashe takes much comfort in how little you care about the lives of anyone." She said. "Your deals are surprisingly Noxian, and we all know how much Freljordians love them."

(Guy, are we roleplaying, or are we just shouting personal opinions through our characters? It seems like you're criticisizing me. I'll say this once more, and I'm really considering just leaving this thread: THESE ARE SHYVANA'S OPINIONS AND WORDS, NOT MINE.)

Equiste

12-29-2012

Quote:
THESE ARE SHYVANA'S OPINIONS AND WORDS, NOT MINE.)
(OOC: BAhahahaha.... Oh thats a good one...)

Ask Volibear

12-29-2012

Quote:
Shyvana just shook her head.

"I'm sure Ashe takes much comfort in how little you care about the lives of anyone." She said. "Your deals are surprisingly Noxian, and we all know how much Freljordians love them."

(Guy, are we roleplaying, or are we just shouting personal opinions through our characters? It seems like you're criticisizing me. I'll say this once more, and I'm really considering just leaving this thread: THESE ARE SHYVANA'S OPINIONS AND WORDS, NOT MINE.)
((Well, I'm sorry you feel that way.))

At the mention of the queen, Bjorn straightened up, still looking quite pale. He started to speak, but Volibear once again cut him off.

"If you wish to discuss the Frost Archer's opinions of me, go discuss them with her. She is well aware that the well-being and future of the Ursine are first and foremost in my mind and that I have allied myself and my tribe with her because I believe it best for them. If you have a problem with it, or if you think she is wrong, take it up with her. Not me."

He snorted out a breath.

"The beliefs that Noxus holds about survival of the fittest resemble mine, because they are the closest to what nature is. The strong live, the weak die. That is how things are, and that is how they always will be. There is nothing surprising about it."

Ask Shyvana

12-29-2012

Quote:
((Well, I'm sorry you feel that way.))

At the mention of the queen, Bjorn straightened up, still looking quite pale. He started to speak, but Volibear once again cut him off.

"If you wish to discuss the Frost Archer's opinions of me, go discuss them with her. She is well aware that the well-being and future of the Ursine are first and foremost in my mind and that I have allied myself and my tribe with her because I believe it best for them. If you have a problem with it, or if you think she is wrong, take it up with her. Not me."

He snorted out a breath.

"The beliefs that Noxus holds about survival of the fittest resemble mine, because they are the closest to what nature is. The strong live, the weak die. That is how things are, and that is how they always will be. There is nothing surprising about it."
"I find it amazing that you can stand here and talk about how things work in nature, while speaking to me in english and wearing your fancy armor." Shyvana said. "You are not an animal, Volibear. I never thought a human or half of one would have to argue this to an Ursine and not the other way around, but you are not an animal. You are a person. If you think yourself an animal, strip all this off and go hunt deer, interacting with your fellow Ursine only to fight for territory or breed." She motioned at his armor as she said that. "The moment you put this armor on and started saying 'I', you stopped being a bear. You started being a person. You have no right to speak of nature as anything more than a concept one discusses over tea while taking a break from the real world."

AskUdyr

12-29-2012

Quote:
"I find it amazing that you can stand here and talk about how things work in nature, while speaking to me in english and wearing your fancy armor." Shyvana said. "You are not an animal, Volibear. I never thought a human or half of one would have to argue this to an Ursine and not the other way around, but you are not an animal. You are a person. If you think yourself an animal, strip all this off and go hunt deer, interacting with your fellow Ursine only to fight for territory or breed." She motioned at his armor as she said that. "The moment you put this armor on and started saying 'I', you stopped being a bear. You started being a person. You have no right to speak of nature as anything more than a concept one discusses over tea while taking a break from the real world."
A loud cough was heard from behind the half-dragon. Udyr cracked his neck and growled, "Excuse you? Shyvana. You and we are going to have a talk. Now."

The beast man roared at her from behind, "Does this mean we do not have the right to speak of nature?! It is a concept to us?! You dare speak to someone who is aware of your own ideas in such a manner?!"

Udyr's voice dropped in tone. It resembled thunder more than anything else as he changed his personal pronoun. "Shyvana. I am going to talk. You are going to listen. Is that understood?"

Ask Volibear

12-29-2012

Quote:
Volibear let out a growl, but was stopped from doing anything else by the Animal Spirit's interruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
A loud cough was heard from behind the half-dragon. Udyr cracked his neck and growled, "Excuse you? Shyvana. You and we are going to have a talk. Now."

The beast man roared at her from behind, "Does this mean we do not have the right to speak of nature?! It is a concept to us?! You dare speak to someone who is aware of your own ideas in such a manner?!"

Udyr's voice dropped in tone. It resembled thunder more than anything else as he changed his personal pronoun. "Shyvana. I am going to talk. You are going to listen. Is that understood?"
As Udyr coughed, the Ursine nodded to him. Bjorn, who had not noticed his arrival, looked around in an effort to figure out where he had come from. His hands were shaking and his skin was incredibly pale as he realized both who was in the room with him and what moods they appeared to be in.