Ask the Thunder's Roar, v2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"...many Demacians do get overzealous, yes." Shyvana admitted. "Many believe it's more wise to simply execute Katarina than try to make peace with her, despite how reasonable she has proven herself to be... what's your point?"
Volibear made the Ursine equivalent of quirking one's eyebrow, slightly surprised that the Half-Dragon didn't seem to be following him.

"How many generations of Demacians have been fighting Noxus based on differing beliefs? And how many more generations of dragons have been fighting humans, not for different political beliefs but for survival? In their minds, I imagine, humans are like the fourth Jarvan, seeking to slay them for the prestige it provides, and will not be satisfied until all the dragons are dead."

He gestured to Shyvana with a claw.

"And your father mates with a member of their ages-old enemy and has you. They see him as a traitor guilty of things that should not be encouraged. They fear you, see you as a threat, something that you have only served to reinforce by ripping out dragons' hearts and showing them as the dragons die."

He shook his head with a growl.

"Killing your father and trying to kill you was an act of cowardice, and I do not pity them for their fate. But if you are going to call your draconic form your true one, you should at least understand what drives those who share your blood. Otherwise you are just a blind cub striking out for actions that have already been done and which no amount of bloodshed will make right."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
Volibear made the Ursine equivalent of quirking one's eyebrow, slightly surprised that the Half-Dragon didn't seem to be following him.

"How many generations of Demacians have been fighting Noxus based on differing beliefs? And how many more generations of dragons have been fighting humans, not for different political beliefs but for survival? In their minds, I imagine, humans are like the fourth Jarvan, seeking to slay them for the prestige it provides, and will not be satisfied until all the dragons are dead."

He gestured to Shyvana with a claw.

"And your father mates with a member of their ages-old enemy and has you. They see him as a traitor guilty of things that should not be encouraged. They fear you, see you as a threat, something that you have only served to reinforce by ripping out dragons' hearts and showing them as the dragons die."

He shook his head with a growl.

"Killing your father and trying to kill you was an act of cowardice, and I do not pity them for their fate. But if you are going to call your draconic form your true one, you should at least understand what drives those who share your blood. Otherwise you are just a blind cub striking out for actions that have already been done and which no amount of bloodshed will make right."
Shyvana raised her brows, impressed with Volibear's train of thought. She folded her arms, thinking this over.

"I do know that the reason dragons hate humans so much is because of our ageless war." Shyvana said. "But you do not understand the mind of a dragon. There is sheer,unbridled rage. A dragon looks upon the world and sees only things that serve to further infuriate it. Eating and killing are different things. A dragon rarely kills for food, it kills only because that thing dared to be alive. Artificial shelters make them seethe with fury. I have no idea how my father managed to train himself to realize that other things have a right to exist. It took a lifetime of parental care and months of Ionian meditation experts to get me this calm." She shook her head. "Humans have not helped, but I have no doubt that dragons started this war."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Nunu

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Willump walks into the chamber with Nunu standing up in his harness and leaning against yetis head. Willump passed by Bjorn, not paying attention to the summoner. The boy however gave his fellow Freljordian a joyful wave as the yeti stopped at the door to the Ursine's inner chamber and knocked on door loudly before opening the door and letting himself in. Once inside the boy grinned at the Ursine and climbed onto Willumps shoulder.

"Hey there Cheif Volibear, how is it going. We came back from the winter solstice celebration back home and thought we would stick our heads in and catch up, Also to make sure the number of fools seperated from their heads are kept to decent levels."

The cryomancer winked at the Ursine as Willump chuckled at the joke, almost causing the boy to loose his balance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana raised her brows, impressed with Volibear's train of thought. She folded her arms, thinking this over.

"I do know that the reason dragons hate humans so much is because of our ageless war." Shyvana said. "But you do not understand the mind of a dragon. There is sheer,unbridled rage. A dragon looks upon the world and sees only things that serve to further infuriate it. Eating and killing are different things. A dragon rarely kills for food, it kills only because that thing dared to be alive. Artificial shelters make them seethe with fury. I have no idea how my father managed to train himself to realize that other things have a right to exist. It took a lifetime of parental care and months of Ionian meditation experts to get me this calm." She shook her head. "Humans have not helped, but I have no doubt that dragons started this war."
((Miss Shyvana, I'm going to leave something here. Voli would have no way of knowing it, but I think you should. It's part of one of Shyv's old lores. Her second one to be exact.

"The scarce and reclusive dragons left on Runeterra find it disgusting to mix their blood with the frivolous and violent lesser races."

That's why they hate Shyv. It hasn't been contradicted yet, as far as I know, so I'm pretty sure it's part of LoL lore under kitae's whole "comic-book logic" thing. If it's true, then there may be something wrong with your explanation of the dragon's mind. If they see humans as frivolous and violent, why would they be acting as you describe? It's your character, and it's up to you what you do with it. If you want to keep it how it is, I'll see how I can answer, but I thought I'd at least point it out in case you wanted to change it.

Also, her latest lore has her becoming hateful and savage not because she's a dragon, but because she's being chased by one drake the entire time and not allowed to settle down. That's just how I see it, though.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nunu View Post
Willump walks into the chamber with Nunu standing up in his harness and leaning against yetis head. Willump passed by Bjorn, not paying attention to the summoner. The boy however gave his fellow Freljordian a joyful wave as the yeti stopped at the door to the Ursine's inner chamber and knocked on door loudly before opening the door and letting himself in. Once inside the boy grinned at the Ursine and climbed onto Willumps shoulder.

"Hey there Cheif Volibear, how is it going. We came back from the winter solstice celebration back home and thought we would stick our heads in and catch up, Also to make sure the number of fools seperated from their heads are kept to decent levels."

The cryomancer winked at the Ursine as Willump chuckled at the joke, almost causing the boy to loose his balance.
Bjorn glanced up from the desk as the yeti and the child passed him, waving absently at the Cryomancer. When he realized where the yeti was going, he got up and followed them, both out of curiosity and because the League had requested he remain nearby unless the Ursine chieftain were to start discussing politics.

When Willump entered, Volibear was lifting a pair of large weights, his gauntlets and helmet resting nearby. Hearing the knocking and Nunu's voice, he glanced up and nodded to the other champion and his adopted brother.


"Greetings, Cryomancer, Yeti. It is good to see you. Although, I am not entirely sure what we would need to 'catch up' on. Things have not changed much since we last talked."

He let out an amused noise at Nunu's joke, then barred his teeth at the summoner.

"So far, there have been no heads parted. I can think of one fool's head I might want to part right now, though."

The summoner winced and backed further toward the door, debating whether to leave and ignore the League's request or not. If Nunu and Willump paid close attention, they might see that the Chieftain's barred teeth seemed vaguely similar to...a smile?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
((Miss Shyvana, I'm going to leave something here. Voli would have no way of knowing it, but I think you should. It's part of one of Shyv's old lores. Her second one to be exact.

"The scarce and reclusive dragons left on Runeterra find it disgusting to mix their blood with the frivolous and violent lesser races."

That's why they hate Shyv. It hasn't been contradicted yet, as far as I know, so I'm pretty sure it's part of LoL lore under kitae's whole "comic-book logic" thing. If it's true, then there may be something wrong with your explanation of the dragon's mind. If they see humans as frivolous and violent, why would they be acting as you describe? It's your character, and it's up to you what you do with it. If you want to keep it how it is, I'll see how I can answer, but I thought I'd at least point it out in case you wanted to change it.

Also, her latest lore has her becoming hateful and savage not because she's a dragon, but because she's being chased by one drake the entire time and not allowed to settle down. That's just how I see it, though.))
(Of course dragons are going to call humans violent. Humans hunt dragons. But that doesn't change the fact that dragons terrorize human settlements, so it makes perfect sense for Shyvana's rage to be a part of her dragon half. Being hunted makes a person angry, it doesn't turn them as full of fury as Shyvana is.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebonmaw Dragon

Senior Member

12-23-2012

((Dragons are good guys at Ionia YEAR OF THE DRAGON!))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Nunu

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Nunu smiled as he got down from the yeti's shoulder, climbing down his arm to do so. The boy walked over towards the bear and motioned towards Bjorn with his head.

"Did they ever find all the peices of your last "babysitter" Volibear. Of course I am sure they didn't tell about who he replaced when he got hired."

As Nunu spoke the yeti walked over to the weights and eyed them and picked up a size bigger than the ones Voli was working with, hefting with ease grinning at the Ursine cheiftan.

"I remember when they tried to saddle us with a attendant. None of them were fond of yeti wrestleing and snowball fights..they were boring."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloatedBile

Senior Member

12-23-2012

hey voliboo,

do u have cubs of your own?

your to cute when your on all-4s chargin at the enemy. are u more comfurtable as a biped or a quadruped?

-bb


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana raised her brows, impressed with Volibear's train of thought. She folded her arms, thinking this over.

"I do know that the reason dragons hate humans so much is because of our ageless war." Shyvana said. "But you do not understand the mind of a dragon. There is sheer,unbridled rage. A dragon looks upon the world and sees only things that serve to further infuriate it. Eating and killing are different things. A dragon rarely kills for food, it kills only because that thing dared to be alive. Artificial shelters make them seethe with fury. I have no idea how my father managed to train himself to realize that other things have a right to exist. It took a lifetime of parental care and months of Ionian meditation experts to get me this calm." She shook her head. "Humans have not helped, but I have no doubt that dragons started this war."
((I'm just going to smile and nod. Not because I agree, but because it's just not worth it to argue with you. You've made that abundantly clear already.))

As Shyvana raised her eyebrows in surprise, Volibear growled, his fangs barred. There was something strange about the growling, though, something rhythmic, almost as though he were laughing.

"I suppose you have been listening to the Chronokeeper and his claims that we Ursine are merely bears that have learned to walk upright, wear armor, and speak. I had expected more from you, or at least that you would give the Frost Archer more credit than that she would ally herself with a trained bear."

When she spoke, the laughter stopped and he shook his head.

"You combine the frost dragons who have not attacked the villages of the Freljord tribes, even though their settlements and our village are what they might consider artificial, and the dragons the Ionians revere as offerors of wisdom and strength, with those you have interacted with, with those who attempt to kill you or whom you attempt to kill. I suppose dragons must all be the same, though. Just like all Noxians think and feel the same."

"Even if they were, you could not be sure they were always that way. Even the most peaceful Ionian would react poorly to being threatened, generation after generation. For all of your certainty and lack of doubt, the humans could very well have decided that they thought the dragons were hiding some treasure, or even that their scales might make good armor or simply looked nice, and it could have started from there."

He let out a growl, shaking his head again.

"You frown on the Demacians who believe that all Noxians are the same, but you see all dragons in the same light. Strange."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nunu View Post
Nunu smiled as he got down from the yeti's shoulder, climbing down his arm to do so. The boy walked over towards the bear and motioned towards Bjorn with his head.

"Did they ever find all the peices of your last "babysitter" Volibear. Of course I am sure they didn't tell about who he replaced when he got hired."

As Nunu spoke the yeti walked over to the weights and eyed them and picked up a size bigger than the ones Voli was working with, hefting with ease grinning at the Ursine cheiftan.

"I remember when they tried to saddle us with a attendant. None of them were fond of yeti wrestleing and snowball fights..they were boring."
Volibear watched the cryomancer approach, his expression becoming more amused. Seeing this as happiness over the memory that had been brought up, Bjorn blanched, getting paler with every word, especially when Volibear spoke.

"Not yet, cryomancer. Though they will be looking for quite a few pieces if they want all of him."

Bjorn leaned against the door, looking as though he were picturing himself ripped to pieces by the Ursine. Noticing this, the chieftain let out an unimpressed growl and returned to the child in front of him after giving Willump a brief, amused glance as he picked up and lifted a larger weight.

"It seems they would rather they not be blamed for fools suddenly losing their heads, or would like to prevent it from happening in the first place. This 'attendant' sits out at his desk and files paperwork as he dreams of being a better summoner."

He let out an almost bored growl.

"At least this one is not a complete fool."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
hey voliboo,

do u have cubs of your own?

your to cute when your on all-4s chargin at the enemy. are u more comfurtable as a biped or a quadruped?

-bb
As Bjorn picked up the note, he gulped.

"I really hope this just reached the wrong person and they mistook Volibear for someone else. Calling an Ursine chieftain 'voliboo' and saying he's cute? Did he ever consider what might be left of him if Volibear decided to he was an enemy to charge at? Everything about it is wrong."

He glanced briefly at the door that led to Volibear and turned pale, then tossed the paper in a trashbin, muttering to himself.

"If it was to Volibear, he has no cubs, and is comfortable either on two paws or four. But he would destroy you if he found out you were calling him 'Voliboo.' And we'd see how cute you thought he was then."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask TheThorns

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
[
A dragon looks upon the world and sees only things that serve to further infuriate it. Eating and killing are different things. A dragon rarely kills for food, it kills only because that thing dared to be alive. Artificial shelters make them seethe with fury.

((Sorry to jump in your thread Voli, but... Shyv... Since when?))