Do you think this would benefit LoL RP forum?

Yes, I believe so. 1 11.11%
No, this is a bad idea. 5 55.56%
Maybe, with certain adjustments/changes. 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Establishing Valoran Community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luparis

02-15-2013

Hello everyone, fellow Summoners, Champions, Heroes and Villains.

Many of you know me from this particular forum, others not so much. Regardless, I've been here about 2 years give or take a few months. With the loss of many good RPers as of late, and even some friends - not to mention the Maelstrom calling over our members. I propose an idea that is most likely already active. And if so, ignore me.

IMy suggestion is this. All of us who are active Role Players, or aspiring Role Players, or even Champions (which I would normally be opposed to.) should create an alternative FB account and join a group I am thinking of making. (FB group/page.) Now, I'll be honest, I'm not the most savy with a computer and I also know that the majority ofyou will likely hate the idea of creating a FB account for LoL.

Here is my reasoning. How many times have you logged on hoping to see a post from someone in particular only to be let down by the lack their of? And then come a week later of coming and goings of posts you find out you missed something because they could not contact you. Well, make it easier. You can create posts for your threads, ideas, OC's, stories, etc on the page for anyone to look at anytime.

Now, I'm probably not explaining this well at all. And I apologize for that. Writing, as much as I love it, is not my strong suit.

So, anyway, assuming I wanted to create an OC featuring my main villain I made up: Luparis Enes, I would create a post explaining what he is appearing in, what role he'd play, some pictures or whatever you may need. Of course, the Shurelia Summoner profile page would be part of this as well.

The second key part of this is the most important. Establishing a community for us. We are desperately lacking in order, and even functionality on this forum. Facebook is a solid way to build both in my own opinion. Here we could possibly build some sort of council.

*This is a work in progress and I would LOVE assistance and at the least constructive criticism on this idea.*

Valorans Outlaw

02-15-2013

...Why do we have to use a social networking site?

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-15-2013

^ What they said.

I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone uses FB, or Tumblr, or MySpace, or whatever. Maelstrom is popular because it's a forum, with actual moderators, and a clear-cut separation of important threads. Dragging something like this to FB is clunky, and won't really "fix" whatever issues you might see.

Luparis

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jayc View Post
...Why do we have to use a social networking site?
Why not? No harm in it. Create an alternate profile - nobody will ever know who YOU are. Unless you want that is.

And mostly, have you ever participated in a story based RP and not been able to plan or communicate outside of posts? It's just a matter of simplifying things, I think. You go on there, you reply at your lesiure and at ANY point in time you can log on and see messages r whatever. This forum lacks a communication system or place to organize things.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-15-2013

> Communication System
> Way to Organize things

Client Chat, chatroom etc.

Luparis

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
^ What they said.

I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone uses FB, or Tumblr, or MySpace, or whatever. Maelstrom is popular because it's a forum, with actual moderators, and a clear-cut separation of important threads. Dragging something like this to FB is clunky, and won't really "fix" whatever issues you might see.

Well, my answer to you is simple. If you don't social network, then this is not for you. It's not a question of do you use it, it's a matter of don't you agree it would or could be beneficial with some work?

Answer to chatrooms etc---

Timezones are different. That is a MAJOR issue.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-15-2013

I don't see any benefits to doing this on FB or some other site, requiring people to create a profile just to be a part of this, when we can already use the forum, use the client, make a thread, and effectively do the exact same thing.

EDIT: Hell, Worre's forum enhancer thingy lets you track posts for users and things as well, so you can see when people you're tracking last logged on, and where they posted etc. And that's just an extension script for Firefox and Chrome.

makmix

02-15-2013

Agreed...

Hey by the way... Kaz, can you be my wedding priest? I need one....

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-15-2013

Wait... What? What are you talking about?

makmix

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
Wait... What? What are you talking about?
Look in my thread please, the store of essentials.