Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My ABAM Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makestro

01-20-2013

Quote:
ploki122:

Wukong (2->3+) : He suffers fro exactly the same problems as Xin, Ww, J4, etc. : kiting.

Wukong has a gap closer on a short cooldown and can use his invisibility to initiate or escape. I think he should be tier 2.

Killzerz

03-17-2013

Updated.

Still working on explanations.

Killzerz

03-17-2013

Bump.

Youniverse

03-18-2013

Quote:
Killzerz:
Why ABAM not ARAM? ARAM relies on way too much luck, so instead I will look at ABAM which allows for some actual strategies for picking. No reason for a tier list in a truly random gametype, you are stuck with what you get!

[U]God tier: Jayce, Nidalee, Sona, Alistar, Master Yi, Blitzcrank, Malphite

Tier 1: Lux, Varus, Karthus, Xerath, Dr. Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Katarina, Ahri, Ezreal, Zyra, Urgot, Zilean, Kassadin, Talon, Kayle, Kha'Zix, Karma, Kog'Maw, Miss Fortune, Elise, Mordekaiser, Nami, Janna, Olaf, Quinn, Pantheon, Akali, Ryze, Swain, Cho'Gath, Galio, Lulu, Sivir, Heimerdinger, Darius

I always thought of god tier as being a tier so high that having one usually means a win regardless of team comp. Ali and malp do not belong there, and malp doesn't even belong in tier 1.

Malp is useful when he has his ult (100+ sec cd) and below avg the rest of the time as he has no gap closers like most tanks. I would only pick this guy if the team is stacked with champs reliant on atk spd.

Your tier 1 is way too big and has some reaaaaally team dependent heroes (ie darius, pantheon, olaf, kat, mundo, galio, akali, janna, nami, and morde). There's an explanation why all these champs should be dropped a peg or two down that list but that would take more time than I would want to give. The short summary is not enough poke, range, damage, or utility -pick one. Morde is not too reliant on his team but is instead relies on the enemy team to have an easily killed squishy, preferably ranged adc.

Last thing, Lux needs to be in God tier. 24 second laser, two 6 second CC abilities, and a 6 sec aoe shield that scales off ap. I don't remember the last time I lost with her.

Killzerz

03-18-2013

Quote:
Youniverse:
I always thought of god tier as being a tier so high that having one usually means a win regardless of team comp. Ali and malp do not belong there, and malp doesn't even belong in tier 1.

Malp is useful when he has his ult (100+ sec cd) and below avg the rest of the time as he has no gap closers like most tanks. I would only pick this guy if the team is stacked with champs reliant on atk spd.

Your tier 1 is way too big and has some reaaaaally team dependent heroes (ie darius, pantheon, olaf, kat, mundo, galio, akali, janna, nami, and morde). There's an explanation why all these champs should be dropped a peg or two down that list but that would take more time than I would want to give. The short summary is not enough poke, range, damage, or utility -pick one. Morde is not too reliant on his team but is instead relies on the enemy team to have an easily killed squishy, preferably ranged adc.

Last thing, Lux needs to be in God tier. 24 second laser, two 6 second CC abilities, and a 6 sec aoe shield that scales off ap. I don't remember the last time I lost with her.

I agree with possibly trimming the tier lists. The reason Ali and Malphite are up there are because they are the best tanks. Yes, they aren't necessarily gods but because of the balance they bring to team comps they are the best tanks. Malphite can poke pretty well and ruin lategame fights. Alistar has an AoE spammable heal (little weak, but taking in to account it is AoE and spammable...), can destroy teams with his CC, and his ult makes him near invincible for your back line to do their work.

Lux is pretty damn good, she is one of my favorites right now (behind AP Ezreal, he will be moved up). The difficulty is her early game, but lategame she can be a true terror to take on. I want to move her up, perhaps I will, but right now top of tier 1 is still damn good.