My ABAM Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Jayce should be #1, IMO--while his Q doesn't scale as well as Nidalee's does, it's far more potent early game......+AoE and is more difficult to dodge--on top of this he transitions into a crazy DPS based champ later on and has CC to interrupt channels (such as Kat and Yi) and to disengage.
He's not? I swear he is #1 on my list!


AND OTHER PEOPLE STOP DOWNVOTING BECAUSE I DON'T MOVE SION UP! I have an opinion about him being too kitable, and you have yours about him doing massive damage and being unkillable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twuz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-21-2012

you don't have eve in your tiers


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theshim

Senior Member

12-21-2012

I'm going to argue that Rumble should be higher. The Equalizer is basically a "we win this teamfight" on a very low cooldown on PG, and he has decent poke with his tasers and great sustained damage with Flamespitter. A revolver first gives him stupid sustain on top of it. He's always relevant and his ult is one of the best.

Mind you, I still think tier lists are stupid. But that's bias from my old Fire Emblem days. :V


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

i Nappy Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
About Nasus, he certainly is strong as AP (which is why I put him where he is) but outside of his Spirit Fire he offers little damage. A great E too, but he has to be in melee range for his ult and Q (for Lichbane) which limits his usefulness.

And Trundle? I've never really been impressed by him. His Pillar is great but he is super, SUPER team reliant. And lategame pretty ignorable unlike other tanks. And he lacks any real gap-closer. :/ It's too bad I love Trundle too! :'(
I disagree, i like trundle on aram. theres nothing like a good pillar to totally split up there team in a team fight and have half running away and the others stuck to fight outnumbered, just play him like a tank


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twuz View Post
you don't have eve in your tiers
6th last in tier 2.

Sometimes I even go, "Where the hell did I put _____?" So I use ctrl+f to bring up the find menu. Handy!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i Nappy Ninja View Post
I disagree, i like trundle on aram. theres nothing like a good pillar to totally split up there team in a team fight and have half running away and the others stuck to fight outnumbered, just play him like a tank
I'm not necessarily saying he doesn't have his uses, I just think all the other bruisers/tanks are bettter. He is too reliant on an extremely certain kind of team to be any good. He lacks the damage most other bruisers and even tanks put out (sadly, I have made other posts about how to fix him [his Q animation needs to not have a lag time to reward him for building AS or using his W]) and doesn't have hard CC. He certainly is one of the tankist characters in the game, but unless he is snowballing hard (which is very, VERY hard to do on ABAM as Trundle) he is pretty ignorable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Changelog: Syndra falling while Leona ascending.

Haven't seen a Muramana Ryze of Syndra yet though, might be worth looking into to move them up. Might move Ryze up because of rumors.

EDIT: Leona moving way up from tier 4 to tier 2 (derpderpderp), she excels very hard with CC and a coordinated team. Her passive is really strong with a teammate and cannot be underestimated (derp). She also is very tanky despite having no item so that's a huge advantage. Get a Bulwark for your team, Boots, grab Warmogs, get Merc Treads, grab Frozen Fist, then whatever you need for CDR and a damage item so you aren't completely ignorable.

Syndra...takes way too much skill for 95% of the community to play. I feel she is like Orianna; very powerful in the right hands, very weak in the wrong ones. She offers a lot but doesn't really seem to make a difference. However, I've yet to see a Muramana Syndra, will keep you updated.

Ryze offers too much not to be in tier 1. His build path is actually stupidly ridiculous strong especially with the new items. Muramana, Frozen Heart, Rod of Ages, Mikael's Crucible (WTF. He now can also cleanse his AD carry. RIOT. WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. F***.) Banshee's Veil, Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi/Sorc Shoes. He is really tanky, gives out incredible amounts of damage, has a snare on low cooldown, and now can also help his AD carry for that extra moment of FUUUUUUU-.

Cleaned up some of the tier lists. Blitzcrank may move up to top dawg, Galio dropped a bit in tier 1, Ziggs moved up a bit and a couple other minor changes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

12-21-2012

If your god tier isn't Jayce, Nidalee, Sona, Lux, Blitz then your opinion is wrong. What does Mundo bring to a team other than being a punching bag, and what does Karthus do other than die and hit a global ult now and then? In such close quarters almost any other AOE ultimate would be better, on a champ with better poke and CC.

Why does the god tier belong to Jayce, Nidalee, Lux, Sona and Blitz? Because none of these champs have "counters" on this map. They are totally safe and fit into any team comp, and can probably turn 4v5s into wins because of all of the utility and damage they bring (or in the case of Sona, literal infinite sustain). Many of the strongest champs on this map (like Yi and Kat) can be countered by strong CC, but not these... they can hang back at a safe distance and still be plenty useful with their absurd poke and damage. Even a terrible Blitz is a serious threat because one grab is almost always a kill.

If I ever see one of these champs get through in a draft game, I will dodge because it's obvious that one of the team captains is brain dead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
If your god tier isn't Jayce, Nidalee, Sona, Lux, Blitz then your opinion is wrong. What does Mundo bring to a team other than being a punching bag, and what does Karthus do other than die and hit a global ult now and then? In such close quarters almost any other AOE ultimate would be better, on a champ with better poke and CC.

Why does the god tier belong to Jayce, Nidalee, Lux, Sona and Blitz? Because none of these champs have "counters" on this map. They are totally safe and fit into any team comp, and can probably turn 4v5s into wins because of all of the utility and damage they bring (or in the case of Sona, literal infinite sustain). Many of the strongest champs on this map (like Yi and Kat) can be countered by strong CC, but not these... they can hang back at a safe distance and still be plenty useful with their absurd poke and damage. Even a terrible Blitz is a serious threat because one grab is almost always a kill.

If I ever see one of these champs get through in a draft game, I will dodge because it's obvious that one of the team captains is brain dead.
Seriously. My opinion is wrong because Lux is in the top of tier 1 instead of god tier and Sona is top of tier 1 instead of god tier. I still literally believe they are in the top 10% of champs, so no, I don't think my opinion is wrong.

Karthus has a safe poke, a strong initiate/counter-initiate, a team-wide nuke, and really has no counters, just as you said. Dive him and kill him first? Good luck, his passive makes him useful still. Leave him last? With his ludicrous damage? CC him? Passive still exists AND his E and W persist through stuns (granted you must wall before you are CC'ed though). Out range him? Good luck with his Q range. Scaling? Ridiculous. This is one I myself am a little still on the fence about, but I can really think of no other AP I am more afraid of. Their entire team can be AD except for Karthus and I still want to buy MR. If that was Lux or Nidalee, I would just stack health. But Karthus? I need that MR. He changes the way you have to play the game to even have a chance at countering him weakly, a good Karthus is scarier than the best Lux IMO largely because he doesn't rely on basic skill cooldowns (and he is still hella scary without his ult).

Mundo is in god tier because I need 1 tank in god tier. Blitz is a half-tank, but he isn't really a full tank. Mundo has a ranged harass that hits really hard, he has innate steroids that means he only needs defensive items, and once he hits 6 he can basically sustain forever. He is a punching bag, but you cannot leave him alone otherwise he will solo whoever he targets on your team. He is the best kind of tank. The one you can't kill without concentrated effort and the one you can't ignore. Oh, and if you are feeling a bit of heat through the enemies Ignites/Morellonomicons, maybe try going Cleanse as a summoner spell. It won't help all engagements due to its CD, but it certainly swings the important ones where you all in them.


Oh, and just to mention again Lux and Sona are still in the top 10% of champs, they are still ridiculously strong picks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
Seriously. My opinion is wrong because Lux is in the top of tier 1 instead of god tier and Sona is top of tier 1 instead of god tier. I still literally believe they are in the top 10% of champs, so no, I don't think my opinion is wrong.
Well I was just poking fun with that comment, really. I don't take tier lists seriously for the most part, because they're pointless except for the god tier; everything else is very dependent on your comp and/or the enemy comp. The OP champs are simply OP because their power transcends team comp.

I read your initial explanation for Karthus, but I still disagree that he's any better than average on this map. An excellent Karthus player is still not going to be better than a Veigar who is basically giving your team a guaranteed kill every 10 seconds or so (late game, with Event Horizon maxed and some AP Veigar can easily kill any squishy with one Baleful Strike and Dark Matter alone, nevermind what happens to AP champs when he ults them). Karthus doesn't have the kind of initiate that mages like Fiddle or Veigar have... that long-lasting, hard CC is just too powerful. And Karthus is, IMO, a very easy kill, and then you just have to remember to walk out of his defile. The biggest thing that hurts Karthus on this map, though, is Barrier. Everyone has Barrier (and anyone that doesn't should) and Barrier totally counters his ultimate.

Quote:
Mundo is in god tier because I need 1 tank in god tier.
You don't need a tank in god tier. You need god tier champs. There is no particular need for a tank on this map in the first place, especially when champs like Blitz can fill that role perfectly. By the way, Alistar can tank hard, sustain very well (easily forever with an Athene's) and set up guaranteed kills in a way that Mundo can only dream of. Being a big ball of HP just isn't that valuable to be honest.