Twisted Treeline Meta confusion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jayde Raptor

12-19-2012

I'm on my phone and this is my first forum so please go easy on me. So, lately me and my friends have started playing ranked 3v3 TT to some prevail. Being mainy SR players we we're clueless as to what the meta is. Regardless we decided to run two Bruisers ( Malphite an Wukong) and a Ap caster with a snare (Morgana). This won us our first 4 games which nearly got us to silver until a Trynd face rolled us. After this game we decided to he more serious and find the meta. We found nothing up to date, only old TT metas and forums abou the two bruisers and teemo meta? So I'm asking for someone to shed some light on the actual meta. Any advice or constructive criticism would be appreciated! Thanks

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Currently, the meta is to run champions with good teamfighting ability.

Some good picks in threes:

Lee Sin: A very good jungler with the ability to gank very effectively early game, transitioning into a very tanky bruiser mid game.

Rumble: His Q is great for team-fights and his ultimate can determine the outcome of a close skirmish in the jungle.

Darius: Darius is well... Darius. An insanely powerful ultimate, great CC and the ability to build tanky and still dish out tons of damage.

Kayle: She has great build flexibility and an ultimate that can change the outcome of a team-fight.

For a good outline on the viability of champions in the Twisted Treeline, have a look at this:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-li...rees-tier-list

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Team composition is also a deciding factor in the Twisted Treeline. You must pick a champions which can support together and chain combos together. Earlier today I played a ranked game with my friends. Our team comp consisted of Lee Sin, Riven and Wukong. Our team comp allowed us to chain CC continuously for about 5 seconds, giving the upper hand in most team fights.

Jayde Raptor

12-20-2012

Thanks Nerdsinc! Clears up the confusion we had and we will try out a few different comps to chain cc and synergise well later this week. Right now I'm off to buy Darius after your advice
Onwards to gold Elo!

Nerdsinc

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde Raptor View Post
Thanks Nerdsinc! Clears up the confusion we had and we will try out a few different comps to chain cc and synergise well later this week. Right now I'm off to buy Darius after your advice
Onwards to gold Elo!
He needs some nurfing... Unless we're first pick, he's insta ban every time I play ranked XP

Aerophobia

12-20-2012

bruisers and AoE are OP. Try and pick 3 bruisers with some CC and damage, push lane all day, capture altars whenever possible and win eventually from gold advantage.
3's map is broken with the new map, updates and the items that were removed and those that were placed in being unbalanced (good and bad).
I'd honestly recommend to keep playing on SR. If you must play on the new 3's then wait probably 3 months, maybe more since updates may be slow.

Infirc

12-22-2012

how to play twisted treeline: Old and new since Dariius was released and Olaf was Buffed.
1. pick Olaf
2. Win

If olaf isn't avaliable then
1.Pick Darius
2. Pick someone that can peel for Darius so that he doesn't get kited
3. Win

you'lls till need some ap as your placeholder utility in both cases, and to the guya bove it isn't exactly the new TT actually si TT is arguably more balanced than Zaun TT particularly since Darius was released (he made me quit TT all together before it was even remade)

Eloquid

12-23-2012

Meta is Teemo, Darius and Singed. How Trynda got you is beyond me

She

12-23-2012

using team comps that can combo AoE CC (wukong zyra amumu, malphite chogath riven, etc) are the easiest way to win ranked games.

Draktok

12-23-2012

Nunu vayne yorick best comp