Katesh, War Priestess of the Sands

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazedPorcupine

02-27-2014

Lore:

When Nasus and Renekton were torn from their world, Katesh was appointed the new Curator of the great library. Katesh was angered that she was pulled from her position of the High General in order to keep control of the High Library, and as she was pulled High General, she lost all ties to either army. During her time at the Library, she studied magics, and learned how to sense where magic was. She sensed the remains of the magics that tore Nasus and Renekton from that world. Using her newfound power, she ripped open the portal.

Upon reaching the empty champers at the Institute of War, Katesh sensed her fellows. Upon exiting the chamber she had arrived in, she ran into the Summoners of the Institute of War. She told them that she was seeking out Nasus and Renekton. They told her that Renekton and Nasus were residing in the great Shurima Desert, but regularly came back to the Institute of War to fight in the League of Legends. She then left to find the two men who caused her the pain as the loss of her High position.

Stats:
HP: 422(+90 per level)
Mana: 200(+45 per level)
Attack Damage: 51(+3.5 per level)
Attack Speed: .625(+2.25% per level)
Movement Speed: 345
Health Regen/5: 7(+.8 per level)
Mana Regen/5: 5.5(+.6 per level)
Armor: 15(+4 per level)
MR: 30(+1.25 per level)

Abilities:
Passive: Sands of Blood: Katesh absorbs the life force in the spilled blood of her foes gaining 1 HP/5 for every killed enemy. She gains 5x the regen for slain epic monsters and enemy champions. This effect can stack up to 5 times, and lasts for 3 seconds.
Q: Staff of War:
Passive: Katesh gains 10/20/30/40/50 bonus attack range and adds 10/20/30/40/50+(.15 AP magic damage to her attacks.[formerly, this was .5 but I have reduced the AP scaling because of the active component making it incredibly powerful when built glass cannon. The AP ratio is now more in line with other champs that have AP scaling autos (Rumble in overheat and Kayle with E)]
Active: The Magic Damage doubles for the next 3 attacks performed within 5 seconds and gains 3/6/9/12/15% spell vamp for 5 seconds.
While this ability is on cooldown, Katesh loses the bonus magic damage.
Cost: 50 at all ranks
Cooldown: 15 seconds at all ranks

W: Call to Arms: Katesh summons 2 panther warriors to fight along side her. This Warriors have 75/130/195/260/325 + 15% of Katesh's total health and have 10/25/40/55/70(+.02 Armor)(+.02 MR) Armor and Magic Resistance and take 50% damage from Area of Effect Abilities. The Panther Warriors deal 40/50/60/70/80+(.5AP) Magic damage on each attack. These attacks can trigger Spell effects and spell vamp, and 50% of the regeneration on these warriors will go to Katesh (This includes health gained from spell vamp or healing abilities from allies). These Warriors grant 25/40/55/70/85 gold when killed and last until killed. When recast, Both units are healed if still alive or will resummon any missing warriors. The Warrior's Prioritize the targets of Scarab Swarm and Katesh's Auto attacks. The Panther Warriors have a base movement speed of 370 and gain MS equal to Katesh's bonus Movespeed. (EG they gain 25 MS when Katesh buys boots)
Cost: 100/120/140/160/180 mana
Cooldown: 45 seconds

E: Scarab Swarm Formerly Sapped Will
Katesh unleashes a swarm of scarab beetle's that travel in a line and silence for 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.5 seconds and slows for 25/35/45/55/65% for 2 seconds and deals 70/120/170/220/270 + (.6 AP) Magic Damaage.
Range: 700 Units
Missile Width: 110 (about as wide as Xerath E)
Missile Speed: 1000 (about as fast as Nid spear IIRC)
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Mana
Cooldown: 24/22/20/18/16 seconds.

R: (Ultimate) Wrath of the Desert: Katesh wraps herself in a sandstorm granting her 300/450/600 Bonus health and dealing 75/100/125(+.2AP) magic damage per second to all enemies around her. Katesh's Panther Warriors also gain 50/100/150 range, 50/75/100% attack speed, 15/30/45 Movement Speed and their attacks place stacks of Crippling Wounds which after 3 stacks apply grievous wounds and slow the target by 80% for 2 seconds. Crippling Wounds cannot affect the same target more than once every 5 seconds.
Cost: 100/125/150 Mana
Cooldown: 140/120/100 Seconds

Alright, So, A LOT of people wanted a 3rd Champion from the same world that Renekton and Nasus are from. I wanted another AP brawler like Rumble. Katesh is based on the Egyptian goddess Sekhmet which was the Egyptian goddess of War. The AI for The Panther Warriors would be nearly identical to the AI of Malzahar's Voidlings mixed slightly with Heimer's Turrets.

Katesh would look like a cat version of Nasus with armor and regalia similar to Karma's or Irelia's as Sekhmet wears a sun-like disc upon her head.

I also wanted Katesh to be able to have some sustain, and am willing to cut down on it if it means she's unpushable out of lane I did make her Warriors worth A LOT of gold, and make it worthwile to take them out. They grant nearly as much gold as large creatures at max rank. I want a lot of different viable paths available for Katesh, and they way things are set up are so that tank, AP bruiser, and glass Cannony AP are all relatively attractive. Tanky set up grants little damage outside of her Warriors, but her warriors are incredibly hard to kill, making them effectively 2 mini Tibbers in teamfights. Tanky AP grants lots of damage and survivabilty with her abilities and warriors, while glass cannony allows her to hit very hard with her empowered auto attacks and her Warriors to be squishy but hard hitting minions.

If you'd like to see More of my Champion Concepts, Follow this link:
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com...oncept-library

EDIT 1: Taking another look at Q, E, and R and seeing how I can make them work better with W.

CrazedPorcupine

02-28-2014

I would like feedback for Katesh, Balancing her 2 summon able panther warriors is probably the heavy focus, and I'd like to here thoughts about them and her other spells as well.

CrazedPorcupine

03-11-2014

bump

Shroomnobyl

03-11-2014

Passive ability: This is fine, its unique
Q-ability: Basically if you have 800 AP, you auto attack will do around 500 damage lol.
W-Ability: You should know that 0.5 AP scaling is half of the AP you currently have lol. Not only this would do around 400 damage per auto attack, you heal for half of the amount as well, making her really hard to kill.
E-Ability: Its not very unique. basically remove the attack speed slow from wither and turned it into attack damage reduction.
R-Ability: With her other abilities, she can easily deal more than 200 damage per second. The AP bonus would make her more broken than 8 fed kha'zix on the enemy team.

Overall: I think that this champion needs a large amount of rework. I'm sorry to say but its really broken. For Katesh's Q ability, I think you should remove the AP scaling and buff the base damage. Same with W. Maybe her E could be used to combo moves with her wolves. Her R ability can give her health and the AoE but remove the AP buff. Instead it could be used to buff her wolves and add new stats to the wolves during the duration of the ult. Increase ult duration by like 3 seconds to make full use of her wolves. This makes Katesh a champion that works together with her wolves making her a interesting champion to play in my opinion. I can see her being a strong duelist while keeping her AP fighter abilites like Rumble

Lore: PERFECT its very interesting.

CrazedPorcupine

1 Week Ago

Bump, Edited her Q, E and R