Hello, concept forum!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 32
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

08-02-2012
1 of 23 Riot Posts

I'm going to be in the office for a few more hours, and would like to spend some of that time engaging with you guys. Pull up a chair and let's chat!

I'll be honest with you up front and say that I won't have time to look at everyone's concepts, but if you'd like to start a discussion about a specific mechanic, thematic, etc that the rest of the community can talk about as well, that'd be awesome!

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Kassadin's daughter.

FarahBoom

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koechophe View Post
Kassadin's daughter.

I now must design this idea lol.

Sounds like an interesting idea.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

08-02-2012
2 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koechophe View Post
Kassadin's daughter.
What do you have in mind? Personally, I could see that character going in a lot of different directions. Her Dad kinda straddles this weird space between a caster and an assassin- would she be more clearly dedicated to one of those roles? Something different?

What sort of alignment and motivations would she have after what she's gone through?

Dessim8

08-02-2012

A support champion that doesn't use secondary bar, an AP Fury Bar user, more users of Shield Bar and Heat would also be nice.

Maybe even wierd hybrids like Assassin/Tank, Support/Assassin, Mage/Tank and so on.

Then again, I have these ideas and more I could bring to the front.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-02-2012

I don't actually know anything about Kass-boy's daughter, can anyone give me the sparknotes?

VoodooSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Sophie, the Lashwrithe
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2422637

How do you feel whips would be used in battle? they're not conventional in anyway so the summoner would have to be created, but what do you think the ability set might feel like?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessim8 View Post
A support champion that doesn't use secondary bar, an AP Fury Bar user, more users of Shield Bar and Heat would also be nice.

Maybe even wierd hybrids like Assassin/Tank, Support/Assassin, Mage/Tank and so on.

Then again, I have these ideas and more I could bring to the front.
Assassin/tank and mage/tank are difficult, as the vulnerability of assassins and mages is their squishiness. For a 'mage' or 'assassin' to also be a tank, I think they'd have to be pretty inferior at one or the other (at which point they're either a slightly beefy mage, or a tank with a bit of damage).

Support/Assassin... feels like it would clash. Assassins are rather selfish, and by that I mean they want themselves to be doing lots of damage, whereas supports are all about the 'force multiplier' thing.

Now I'm not saying these ideas can't be done (and done well), but they're definitely tricksy. I would personally love to explore what else can be done with supports to add some more variety.

As for the secondary bars... Fury is probably pretty easy to create a champion for, but the other two would need to fit a champion; I don't know how much you should try to force create a champion for them, just let it come naturally when it fits.

Havoc202

08-02-2012

Well RiotAmes, I am going to ask about a Hybird Elementalist or an elementalist in general. I know there ideas have been here. I just think a shaman/elementalist would be a wonderful addition to the league.

FarahBoom

08-02-2012

I would like to see a champion that is completely on the control factor across the fields.

I had a champion in mind that im still designing but he would basically not do damage but through his abilities be a terror. Sort of how Leona's passive spells chaos to the enemy when used properly, its small damage but when used in the right hands its a terror.

The key idea i had about this type of champion would be a confusion mechanic, by applying a confusion spell to your target, it would allow moves that would otherwise be friendly to possibly spell doom on the field.
Imagine if you will, a Galio that flashes in to use his ultimate but however was tagged with this confusion move, now Galio has made a terrible mistake taunting all units nearby including his own allies. By itself i might not be a truly terrifying move, but imagine the possibilities that can come from maybe turning a karthus ult into a field wipe, or allowing ezreal's trueshot to clip his teammates, or abusing janna's heal to your team aswell.

It might be overpowered in the initial phase, but i think it can really be a interesting new de-buff that alot of summoners can really use to define some creative gameplay.

1234511 ... 32