Hattrick, The Demon of Physics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HellBoundJoker

09-07-2014

Name: Hattrick
Title: The Demon of Physics
Role: Assassin
Species: Demon
Allegiances: None

Lore:
Before the third dimension, humans and demons alike lived in the fourth dimension under the rule of Time. Hat, a lesser apparel demon was fed up with the lack of originality in the fourth dimension and discovered the third by creating the first magic spell. As the only living entity in this dimension he found himself creating laws limiting others that would eventually enter his realm. Once he was satisfied he led a mass pilgrimage over to the third dimension trapping all who would enter and stealing their strength. One human, named Trick, was an outcast of these refugees and began to rob and plunder from the others trapped in the new dimension. Hat found this man to be interesting and gave the human a job.

The human was to be his face and representative to the concord of demons and humans alike. The two decided to have a trust building "game" where they would take over each other for a year and live in the other person's shoes. Hat was first, inhabiting Trick, and instantly decided to make Trick bow to demon superiority. Hat killed Trick's entire family and hung them like ornaments in the demon's room. Trick payed him back in full by limiting the powers acquired from those trapped in the third dimension and those still coming over, preventing Hat from overpowering the ten strongest demons. At the end of this game the both laughed off their silly ploys and became Hattrick.

Hattrick eventually fought up the ranks and challenged the top ten to come to the third dimension and fight for their position. Time who was number ten at the time took up the opportunity and traveled to the third dimension. Hattrick was prepared for this, and since no laws were ever made about time, they locked him in and made him and idea rather than an actual force. Time could not fight as an idea and gave in to Hattrick, making Hattrick the tenth strongest. However Hattrick was not done yet. He challenged Gluttony and was able to defeat him as well securing his spot at number nine and the only demon to fight his way into the top ten.

Appearances
For references see TF's hat and Shaco's physical build

Abilities:

Passive:Hated
Hattrick is always being judged by his opponents causing his spells to increase their hatred(1-150) towards him. Hattrick has increased damage(1% per hate) from his spells the higher the bar but also takes more damage from enemies hit by spells by 30%

Q- Brother's Burning Blade
20 Hate generated
Hattrick was given a blade by his brother, a demon of the forge, which applies stackable(3) burn(stacks*(10/15/20/30/35) +.03bonus ad) physical damage per second. In addition he can extinguish the flames on enemies afflicted dealing (stacks(25/30/40/55/65)+.05ad) physical damage and slowing the targets by 20%.
300 range
Cooldown
8 all levels

w-Hat Drill
20 Hate Generated
Hattrick flies forward to a set distance pushing to the side all enemies hit and doing ({70/75/80/85/90}+.4AD). Enemies directly in front take double damage and are knocked up
500 range
Cooldown
18/17/16/15/14

E-Hat/Trick
Hattrick throws his hat out in front of him, and returns, dealing ({80/95/120/150/185}+.5 ad) to each enemy. Along the path Hattrick can teleport to the hat doing the damage in the area around him (300 range)
Range(700)
Cooldown
12 seconds from when the hat stops flying

R-Hat Storm
no cost
Hattrick channels for 1 second and then summons four clones of himself lasting {7/8/10} second and if damaged dissipates and summons two in replacement that have the timer reset. The clones duplicate everything the real Hattrick does for half damage. Clones generate hate for Hattrick as though he used the ability himself. There is no limit to the amount of clones.
Cooldown
300/280/250

Stats
Health 455(75)
hp/5=8(.79)
AD 51(4.2)
resource: Hate (generated by using spells)
AS .712
movement 340
armor 25 (.35)
MR 30 (.25)
AA melee(125)

Quotes:
Champion Select
"You would pick me? Oh how very masochistic of you!"

Movement
"How are you Trick? We have been the same person since before time, you already know the answer!"
"Physically impossible? You do know who we are right?"
"It isn't hat-trick, it is Hate-trick! Get it right."
"Oh man Sorangar would love this town. So many toys to play with."
"It is inconceivable! You keep using that word, but you use it so wrong."
"Back in my day we didn't complain about back in the day."
"I feel as though you are abusing that mouse summoner."
"I heard a squeal. Watch how you touch that mouse summoner."

Attacking
"Well this is fair."
"Want me to call Time to aid you?"
"Like butter."
"Wow you are more merciless than me."
"I don't get pleasure from this like Shaco."
"Sorangar did give me this to kill."
"Why should I?"

Ultimate
"Hell hath no fury like physics going haywire!"
"Four thousand souls can't stand up to me now!"
"Time is no match for me, so what chance do you have!"

Joke
(spins down into just a hat then explodes in a grand fire)
(to Shaco)"Nice boxes, but the hat is better!" or "So playing with humans huh? I'm in!"
"I'm just a hat, just a hat, just a... I lied!"
"Come closer, just a little closer, it's only a trap!"
"Oh, where did he go? KABOOM!"

Taunt
(Tips his hat and bows.)
"Might my friend, Death, dance with you?"
"Such a lovely night that you will miss."
"Do you enjoy what I permitted you to have?"

Dance
(Teleports to the top of his hat and surfs on invisible waves)

Laugh
(Looks up)
"No"
"Why?"
"It isn't funny."
(after a kill)(laughs hard and bends over instead of original animation) "Did you see that! Now that was funny!"

HellBoundJoker

09-07-2014

If you can provide a better description of appearance, please do.

Enzyl

09-07-2014

His passive is way too OP, you need to make the 1% more like .1%, other than that, i like, it. The amount of clones in his ult should be limited, as I see them duplicating real fast. And just a suggestion, I dont know if his E should be able to telly to the hat, that also seems OP as he already has an escape/engage.

Dragon Skylight

09-07-2014

The skill that I like the most is the hat trick which doesn't need to do any damage since his other abilities are already quite powerful.
The ultimate also seems too strong after all they are 4times more numerous than Shaco's double, are invincible, and can also cast spell.
Anyway quick fix to the slightly overpower is to remove the active of your Q(drop the damage but keep the slow only) and put it on the E aoe.(invite counter play and allow gank)

Ps: you may think that now the Q is underwhelming(darius passives) but the thing is that the champion does have 2 form of CC, is rage based so no need to worry about mana like darius and a have great escape like Lb .
Also instead of the magic blade what about a magical staff like a an English gentleman.
Gives the hat trick a duration of 3sec.

Dzanio

09-07-2014

One issue with your resource system; in theory you could be getting 1% damage amplification while the other guy is getting 30% amp. Probably you want to give these amplifications a hard cap (with some scaling) so as to be more reasonable. Is there a reason you would ever not want to be at max hatred? If not you need to make it decay over time.

Q: duration/max stacks? probably want to look at your ratios; generally scaling seems more in line with AP than AD.

W: reasonable but scalings again off for AD

E: Range is too long; 500-600. Damage is about right, but should really be magical and have AP scaling.

R: The clones need some limits and last too long. If you have that many they probably need some cheap/gimmicky thing they do but be really squishy and not last terribly long.

HellBoundJoker

09-07-2014

Thanks I'll be making adjustments due to the major complaints so far.

HellBoundJoker

09-08-2014

Quick rewrite over abilities and the reasons why i made the specific changes or did not make the changes. For starters I am going to be clarifying some of the spells and also the passive which turns out was written terribly on my part and cause a lot of confusion. In addition changes to the moves to bring in a more balance view will be taken place. First of all the q has been on my mind since I made this character and I had a feeling it was a little overpowered and even spent a lot of time fiddling with the math and was never really satisfied. My purpose behind the q was to make him a prolonged damage assassin that would be able to keep chasing even the most elusive of enemies. However the current q is way to powerful and doesn't fit in with the passive as I would have liked it to. His kit after second glance seems much better as an AP assassin/mage that can secure a kill with rather ease. So his abilities will be changed to preform the AP role but can still be used AD for those who like playing with alternate builds. Another thing that was pointed out was that he was way too mobile and if he was ganked by five people it was too easy to escape. To fix this I didn't want to touch the e since that would be the best way to trick the other players out and do sick plays like he is designed to do. However the w I imagined as a complete engage rather than a disengage. As it sits right now, Hattrick can get ganked from the rear by five people and he would be able to cc them all away as he Hat/Trick away. Therefore the w is being changed from a skill shot to a auto cast and is getting range reduced. I still want it to be able to cc a group of people but not to the point where an entire team becomes motionless and he is able to dance it off. The e is also getting nerfed but only by the range in which he could escape to. As it stood he would get so far away from pursuers it would be best to simply give up the chase once he threw his hat. His ultimate is getting a total rework as well. The main problem with it as it stands is he becomes a one man army. I asked some friends who play Dota 2 about this champion, since Dota 2 deliberately makes their champions move sets OP, and even he complained that it was way too powerful. To remedy this flaw I made the clones into 4 hats surrounding him giving him bonuses to his other spells and basic attacks. IN NO WAY IS THIS PERFECT BUT IT IS A START

Passive
Hate is stack-able up to 100 hate and diminishes after a period of time like rage/fury. Also to punish excessive use of abilities to poke (and as clarification) all enemies get the 30% increase (for example a 5 on one, the five enemy champions each get that 30%). The hate is supposed to be a double edge sword cutting into one side harder depending on the numbers in the battle.

Q
This did way too much damage and the skills work together better if this is just an AP DOT rather than an OP Twitch passive with contagion. New damage is ([10/15/20/30/40}+.01 AP) Magic Damage, per stack per second, up to three stacks. This lasts for 5 seconds. In addition the active is now disabled and instead on the third stack applies grievous wounds.

W
Hat drill as mention before was way to good at escaping and was nearly impossible to catch. The range of this spell is reduced to 400 and is now a target cast. Those he passes through are still knocked up or pushed to the side but the target gets stunned instead. Damage changed to AP [70/75/85/100/120/]+.4 AP. Now does magic Damage

E
Reduced range down to 600 rather than 700 and changed AD ratio to AP and does Magic Damage.

R
This spell is going to be completely rewritten as the first version was too OP for even Dota 2. Hattrick summons 4 hats around him for [5/6/8]seconds giving him 400 Range. In addition when he uses a spell the hat always stays with the Hat (reference is the e) and does damage based on what spell is being used. Q has no effect for this, W every enemy the four hats pass through take the damage and are knocked up as though they were hit by the real one (only two times can they take damage from this), and E makes a zone that when he teleports the zone inside the hats takes the damage rather than just around Hattrick.

I hope this fixed many problems Hattrick initially have please keep commenting so I can continue to change him and thanks for the feedback.

HellBoundJoker

09-09-2014

bump

HellBoundJoker

09-10-2014

bump