Verbal Abuse?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

panfer

12-19-2012

Why does it seem so globally acceptable for people to get away with talking **** to someone who is trying to learn and get into the competitive part of the game. A party of three players because they're all bros, decide to harass me because i'm not doing as well as they'd like.. even though the odds were kind of stacked against me.. the entire game i recieve flak and it only makes me do worse.. i don't take the abuse standing down, i call them out on it, and i bite back, but i don't play the mindless name calling game.. basically it usually boils down to "Shut up and sit down" only not so nice..by the end i felt horrible because it was 3 against one, the whole time it's a barrage from everyone around me.. the people i was trying to help win the game with.. because who the **** wants to lose a game when they're trying to learn how to play competitively?.. is this **** normal? i want out of the elo hell where i'm doing 5v5 solo normal matched with idiots, and i want to learn and evolve to play more competitively.. Is this what the game is about? "Be good or get out?" because that's some pretty high expectations.. every competitive sport has to be learned and perfected.. skill is not instantaneous.

Baxter the Teddy

12-19-2012

Welcome to the internet, is the first thing I'll say. People are *******s here because in real life they have small *****es, no job etc. and feel that it makes them feel good to ruin other random peoples day because there is no chance of real retaliation.

And **** them. panfer, if you're learning then these fellows aren't that good so ignore them. This game is about knowledge and experience to know what to do with that knowledge. Sounds like you have the right attitude.

First off,
1) Report these ****ers. DO it. These people have no place in this game. Report them EVERY time.
2) Ignore them. Not litreally cause MAYBE they might actually say something useful for the game but just don't respond. At all.
3) Do you have any friends interested in learning the game as much as you are? Maybe find someone of a higher ELO to mentor you, or even a coach if you are that intresested/have the money (or both)

Don't let em get to you. If it's not ranked than they reallu can't be mad. And even if it is, if they can't carry you they don't deserve the win anyway. GOod luck!

JUGG3RN4UT

12-20-2012

That happens to me too

Mute button, it works wonders. Sometimes its not worth talking to them, Hello Spotify and iTunes.