Is it wrong that I report someone almost every game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronyOwl

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmyswag View Post
Even if you report a player every game, that only means about 10% of summoner could improve their play. That doesn't sound like an unreasonable number to me. Although I think Riot has stated the percentage of players they consider "toxic" is much lower than that number.
I believe they've said the Tribunal only handles the bottom 2%. That's not the same as only 2% being reportworthy in any given game, or even 2% being reportworthy consistently, but there it is.

l Gankfest l

12-20-2012

Quote:
I believe they've said the Tribunal only handles the bottom 2%. That's not the same as only 2% being reportworthy in any given game, or even 2% being reportworthy consistently, but there it is.
Not a fact, so no one knows the actual numbers and why should they?

TenienDaithen

12-20-2012

I would love to give a simple yes or no answer to the question of whether or not you are reporting too much, but that isn't possible for me to do. While the given statistics regarding the percentage of summoners that go to the tribunal would imply you are reporting a lot, the only statistics I have seen have been averages across every game mode, level and elo. That means you could very well be playing in an area of the game that gets a higher number of reports.

If you feel justified in your reports, don't worry about it. Unless you are reporting for a single use of the word **** because it's naughty, then you should probably tone it down a bit, but I don't think that's what you are doing.

iPwnAII

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gänkfest View Post
Yes... You're a derp!

I hate it when people don't surrender when the game is clearly over. Then I have to play with my derp team for another 10 - 20min to lose anyway. Here's a hint for you... When the other team is 30+ kills in the first 20min the game is pretty much over. The chances of you coming back is less than 1% and the other team would have to get disconnects to lose...

Well if you didn't act like a derp people wouldn't treat you like a derp!

Grow up, and put your big boy pants on...

I'm glad these things happen to you, hopefully you do the right thing which is to uninstall and /wrists... What a tard, great that majority of the community is people like this! No wonder why this system is failing...
System is failing because of children like you, who are not in the majority of the prefferable playerbase, which is adults with jobs, and riot lets them decide who they want to play with, and who (mainly players like you) who are poison to this community. I don't enjoy playing with children who use offensive language, problem ? Well, stop using offensive language, or enjoy being banned it's that simple.

iPwnAII

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiyo chan View Post
Trying to get the topic back on track after the relevant last comment....
According to the system in Riot, over- reporting is punisheable. Been there when the massive ban for abusing the report system was implemented. You don't get a reform card for that, it is a separated ban...
I don't think - still up to date- that I falsely report as in accusing someone of feeding when they are clearly having a terrible game for example.. But I did learn that reporting at least one person each game shows a lack of common sense and filtering that I totally understand because in the heat of the moment everything is more annoying that what it really is. And it can backfire. Not only you'll get processed for spamming reports, but also your own reporting weight will be lowered, so each time you Do report for something that really went wrong, and ruined everybody's game your report will be useless.
Unskilled is not a report for the tribunal, because it serves as a filter to matchmaking.. if a person gets a lot of unskilled reports, the system will match them with lower levels.
I don't consider it WRONG , but for the punishment system it can be checked as spamming.
But someone uses vulgar offensive language in EVERY SINGLE GAME for lvls <30 .... And I don't want people like that playing with me, so I report every single person who uses offensive language because there's a report button for it, where is the line drawn for offensive language ?

Fudouri

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwnAII View Post
But someone uses vulgar offensive language in EVERY SINGLE GAME for lvls <30 .... And I don't want people like that playing with me, so I report every single person who uses offensive language because there's a report button for it, where is the line drawn for offensive language ?
Personally haven't found this to be true, but if that is your vulgar line that's fine.

The whole tribunal idea runs on statistics and everyone judging off their own feelings to get to "community belief". That means the average community belief will be too lenient to some set of people (exactly half in fact) and too strict for others (exactly half again).

AverageJo

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwnAII View Post
So if someone says "ffs" several times, your puritanical mind cant take the "horror" and just wants him removed from the game?

stochastic42

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Rooster View Post
I play a lot of ranked and floating between 1450-1550 elo. I would say almost every (if not, every game) there is someone committing one of the reportable offenses. The ones which I find most common in order are:

1. Negative attitude: A whole lot of, gg its over, so and so fed, etc. Just general talking down the team and being very discouraging/raging while trying to get everyone to give up and surrender. Or often trying to find a scapegoat to blame the loss on all game.
2. Verbal abuse: A lot of harassment directed from one player toward others.
3. Offensive language: Enough said, this is super common.

Unskilled player. Why does this button even exist? I don't think you should get punished for having a bad game, or just being bad at the game.

Negative attitude is the one thing I was never too sure about when reporting. The description is very vague, this seems like there is someone almost every game with a negative attitude.

The fact that almost every game I see someone who I truly think commits one of those offenses makes me think that tribunal isn't very effective. Furthermore, I think this sort of negativity has become so common online (especially in league) that people generally accept this level of negativity and frequently don't report these things (especially for negative attitude). Thoughts?
Even if you report too much it doesn't matter since most players will only play a few games with you and if other people aren't reporting them they won't be punished.

The reason the unskilled player option is there is so that we can see that the player was reported for a reason that is not punishable and know not to punish.

Shelzin

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Rooster View Post
Unskilled player. Why does this button even exist? I don't think you should get punished for having a bad game, or just being bad at the game.
Actually you don't get punished. I'm too lazy/tired to go find the link but that has never been something that got you into the tribunal. Lyte didn't go into any specifics but it really isn't tribunal related.

I think it was more for bought accounts, paid levelers... Shared accounts... That kind of thing. But nobody really uses it.