Singed SpellVamp Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellow X

10-14-2010

To start off, I know he's free this week. This isn't even related to that since I main singed. So.

First item on the agenda: Spell Vamp.

Now I did some mathematical things.
If you get that 2400g item that gives 15% spell vamp at level 5 of your poison and 0 ap you're gaining 10.5 health per second. Including the AP it gives you've got 91dps and 13.65 hp/sec from spellvamp

Is this even a viable way to maintain surviability?
Unlike normal mages with spellvamp, another variable must be taken into account along with this: How many people is he hitting with his poison?
1 champ/minion = 13.65 health
Whole creep wave w/out turret minion = 81.9 hp/sec
Whole creep wave +1 champ = 95.55
Whole creep wave +5 champs = 150.15 HP PER SECOND.

That's per -second-. Not per 5.

So I was just wondering if this would even be a viable item to build into? And if so, when?
I don't have many mana problems early game like a lot of singes I see do. But lategame if I get this instead of an AA it means less mana.

Should we actually be building singed a completely different way?
I know RoA pretty much solves his manaproblems from 13min~35min or so.

The standard AP singed really gets like
Boots of Swift
Rod of Ages
2x ArchAngel
Tank items

Would spellvamp for the last slot help enough to be viable, or would it be even better if you bumped the tank items down a spot on your build order and got spellvamp right after RoA then go immediately into AA's. Not like you're needing to build up your poison damage, but the healing amount seems to be rather astronomical.

There's even other benefits from having the spellvamp. You know when you're being focused in a teamfight? Oh, you got hit with all kinds of CC? Well if your poison is already up, you're already healing.

The natural regen Singe has combined with his ult is a lot. Combine spellvamp from poison in there and dear god he's near immortal.

Other's opinions on building this way?

Anyone actually try it in a real game? i've only tried it in a couple practice games.

Gauna

10-14-2010

Are you sure that spell vamp procs with singed poisons?
I dont think so, cause it sound overpower.

Mellow X

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauna View Post
Are you sure that spell vamp procs with singed poisons?
I dont think so, cause it sound overpower.
I tried it in a practice game and it seemed to be.
Hence why I'm here wondering if it's viable or not.

beetlefeet

10-14-2010

I tried this once. It seemed to be working as expected and pretty well but singed with a FoN (what I usually build) heals up super fast anyway so it didn't make a huge difference.

I did read once something along the lines of AoE spells only giving a lesser amount of spell vamp as compared to single target spells. Like 50% or something. I have no idea if that is true or not.

Gauna

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow X View Post
I tried it in a practice game and it seemed to be.
Hence why I'm here wondering if it's viable or not.
Ok, i tried and it really works well, but if there's no minions around, the regen power is mediocre, because if you are poisoning just 1 or 2 champions the vamp will give you like 30hp per tic.
But i'm not a pro, so i don't know realy. xD

LotusBlue

10-14-2010

Yeah, multi-target spells only proc a percentage of the spellvamp. (15-30%, I don't remember). So your healing is closer to 50 hp/sec. That's still a decent amount, but nowhere near as good as you think.

Mellow X

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBlue View Post
Yeah, multi-target spells only proc a percentage of the spellvamp. (15-30%, I don't remember). So your healing is closer to 50 hp/sec. That's still a decent amount, but nowhere near as good as you think.
Ahhhh.
See, I didn't know that.

That sucks. So it really isn't as good as I thought. Making it medicore and kind of bleh for the amount of money it'd take to go that route.

Okie doke, I won't waste the next 20 games experimenting.

Krackor

10-14-2010

I've seen a guy on the forums who stacked revolvers while screwing around in normal games and still did quite well (I'm talking boots + 5 revolvers). If I were doing it personally I'd try:

Mana crystal
Catalyst
Boots
Hextech Revolver
RoA
more Revolvers

It would certainly be a good form of lane sustainability, but it also would take long enough to build that lane presence would stop mattering. It would also be good in teamfights against champions without much burst or cc (in other words, a bad comp), but it certainly wouldn't compare to the standard RoA + FoN + tank item build in overall effectiveness.

Duck King

10-15-2010

I'm pretty certain, as people have said, that it only procs the AoE vamp despite proccing single-target Rylais slow. It's still... decently okay since Singed is a really good skirmish tank anyway, but not really worth it or 'wow' unless you're way ahead anyway and are just pissing around with the gold when you've got all your resistances/cores.

Edyll

10-16-2010

AOE vamp is 33% of the listed amount. So with 1 Hextech revolver (330 gold for 10 vamp) you're getting 3.3% of poison damage hp/sec, which means maybe 2 hp/sec per target.

I used to use pre-nerf Haunting Guise for spell vamp on singed because the spell vamp CAN make a difference - unforutnately spell vamp itemization is currently in a stage where there are simply no items Singed can really benefit from enough.