3 Tanks + 2 ADCs Comp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psychotic Man

09-18-2013

So I had a match some time ago where we had a mid teemo (not specifically adc, but and apc who works like adc), a bot vayne + trundle, a top voli (thats me), and jungle zac. We had a very bad start in this match since teemo had a bad internet connection and DC'ed and vayne just kept dying. But when me, zac and trundle got tanky, something happened. We kinda stopped the game at a point where no matter what the enemy tried, they just could not capitalize on their lead or even widen it. We would go in the middle of their team and start wailing them. We generally survived while they lost 2 to 3 members per confrontation. Come late game, teemo (he came back after getting his network fixed) and vayne got fed and carried the game to victory (though to be precise, we had destroyed all the turrets till their inhibitors by the time they started to shine). We even trolled a bit like 2 manning baron (took 3 minutes since they had no damage), and simultaneously me going in a 3vs5 team match with underfed vayne and teemo.

So my question, does the described team composition work? I can see that tanks can stop the bruisers from capitalizing on their mid game advantage and taking burst from mages, extending the game till late game for hyper carries to shine. But, can such a comp always work, or was this just a stroke of luck we had?

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-18-2013

the enemy bruisers would wreck you all day long. Even the unnatural bruisers like bruiser vayne or tanky blue ez. Kited forever

though it depends on what you mean by tank I guess.

thrundle voli and zac really would have this issue.

67chrome

09-18-2013

Just like the champions in the game - different team compositions have good matches and are countered in other matches. No line up is going to work 100% of the time. A strong early game team can destroy a late-game team, a team-fight composition can cause serious problems for an assassination/dueling composition, a split-push composition can cause serious problems for a team-fight composition, an assassination/dueling composition can cause problems for split-pushers, etc.

As for your specific scenario - it mostly seems like you had a really solid late-game composition and the game went into overtime - naturally giving your solid team-fight lineup and late-game carries that scaled hard into late game for a big advantage.

From personal experience - 4 tank/fighters as allies were my best Vayne games ever as well - having a disruptive wall of body-guards erases her weakness of having short range/no poke and her weakness in team-fight situations. Having 4 meat-shields also lets Vayne get a lot more kills than a more damage focused composition. The majority of the bruisers in the game tend to have a really solid mid game as well - which helps balance out Vayne's weak early game.

Lystrates

09-18-2013

I this game a team with 2 or more tanks will generally win. This is because tanks in this game are generally better than other champions. Tanks in League of Legends are not only hard to kill, but surprisingly can dish out amazing damage.

It does not make sense to me why Volibear can tank while still doing ridiculous damage. But then again, I don't work for Riot so I guess that it makes sense to them.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lystrates View Post
I this game a team with 2 or more tanks will generally win. This is because tanks in this game are generally better than other champions. Tanks in League of Legends are not only hard to kill, but surprisingly can dish out amazing damage.

It does not make sense to me why Volibear can tank while still doing ridiculous damage. But then again, I don't work for Riot so I guess that it makes sense to them.
I get the feeling you aren't actually talking about tanks but rather the damage soaks known as fighters or bruisers

Dead Man woking

09-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Man View Post
So I had a match some time ago where we had a mid teemo (not specifically adc, but and apc who works like adc), a bot vayne + trundle, a top voli (thats me), and jungle zac. We had a very bad start in this match since teemo had a bad internet connection and DC'ed and vayne just kept dying. But when me, zac and trundle got tanky, something happened. We kinda stopped the game at a point where no matter what the enemy tried, they just could not capitalize on their lead or even widen it. We would go in the middle of their team and start wailing them. We generally survived while they lost 2 to 3 members per confrontation. Come late game, teemo (he came back after getting his network fixed) and vayne got fed and carried the game to victory (though to be precise, we had destroyed all the turrets till their inhibitors by the time they started to shine). We even trolled a bit like 2 manning baron (took 3 minutes since they had no damage), and simultaneously me going in a 3vs5 team match with underfed vayne and teemo.

So my question, does the described team composition work? I can see that tanks can stop the bruisers from capitalizing on their mid game advantage and taking burst from mages, extending the game till late game for hyper carries to shine. But, can such a comp always work, or was this just a stroke of luck we had?
I am quite certain that I was the vayne in that game.
I had a bad start because they kept turret diving with 3 people :/
They were screwed as soon as I got my footing.
Gg

Basic Payne

09-18-2013

If the enemy team picks up a champion like Vi, Malphite, Zed, or Kassadin, who can instantly nuke down one of your carries, or atleast give the freedom for their team to be able to attack them as you try to peel them off, then what do you do?

Basic Payne

09-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man woking View Post
I am quite certain that I was the vayne in that game.
I had a bad start because they kept turret diving with 3 people :/
They were screwed as soon as I got my footing.
Gg
It wasnt you, the Vayne's name was Eternized. I found them on the OP's lolking history. This must be awkward..

Dead Man woking

09-18-2013

Oh dammit
The comp reminded me of one I had days ago.

Tis awkward

Paradrakor

09-18-2013

Tanks are super effective in this meta generally...If 1 or hopefully 2 of the tanks deal magic damage, it would be more effective.