why am i still 1350 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vertchewal

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Damn, I thought using Hecarim was going to get me further than 1350 lol because it's been doing well thus far.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iJumpRope

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertchewal View Post
Damn, I thought using Hecarim was going to get me further than 1350 lol because it's been doing well thus far.
if there is a champ that will carry me, and hopefully you, it feels like hecarim. even though im even in wins to losses with him i still feel like he is going to carry me out because he is so good. keep playing him you will carry!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iJumpRope

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm999 View Post
You have a 6.2/2 k/d ratio. This is really good, but the way you describe your game, you farm and gank if it is working is probably part of the problem.

If your team is doing really really badly in lanes, you need to help them more. If you just keep farming the jungle while they are falling further and further behind, of course the other team is going to snowball and you aren't going to catch back up.

Try doing lane ganks more often, even if it means you have to sit in the brush for 30 seconds waiting for the enemy team to push up. An early gank or two can really swing the tide of the game. Also when you say you are pushing mid turrets more than mid is that probably means you are also taking his creeps. It sounds like you will come into the lane when he is gone, push his creep wave to the tower and then leave. This leaves him overexposed and easier to gank by the enemy jungler.

Try to get some wards for your lanes that are doing crappy. Does mid keep getting ganked? Get two wards and put them on either side so he has vision and hopefully won't continue to feed. You need to support your team more instead of just afk farm, steal a kill or two, then push their lanes out and go back to the jungle.

That's what it sounds like anyway, because your stats with hec are good, but you still have a losing win % with him.
im scared of camping bushes though because i think im going to fall behind.

What i have been doing is farming then when i see an enemy laner push past the middle of the lane i see that a gank is viable. or if an enemy OR my ally are low i know i need to go help him finish, or let him bait the laner into a free kill for us.

my goal when i jungle is just to be as efficient as possible. dont force ganks that arent there and when i do gank make sure it is successful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rathy Aro

Senior Member

12-20-2012

I'm not a higher Elo than you, but I can say that I noticed my games were going back and forth a lot until I started taking more risks. If I just sit back and let the game go on normally while farming, a lot of the game is taken out of my hands. So for that reason I try to steal as many buffs as possible and keep the enemy jungle warded. I will go for early dives, I will chain gank lanes, I will go for iffy dragons and even try to solo it (I play Yi a lot so this works).

I've noticed that people with good KDA ratios that lose games tend to just play overly safe. Not dying is good, but sometimes it is better to die and win the team fight/ get the objective. Especially if you are a tanky jungler like Heca, you should be initiating fights and probably be the first to die if anyone is going to die.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FEDtooFAT

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpRope View Post
Can anyone tell me what it is that i need to do to break through the invisible force field that seems to be 1400 elo? I really cannot fathom what it is that i am doing wrong.

I play mostly jungle hecarim.

I don't want to brag but my stats with him are pretty ridiculous, and yet this is what i dont understand. It seems for every game I win with ease, i get an uncarryable team that just has no mechanics or even a basic understanding of the game.

I play a farming style jungler, but if ganks are working out then i gank more than farm. It is mostly an adaptive situation depending on the game. I play objective based as well. I take more mid turrets than the mid players on my team do usually. I call for dragon after double kills bot.

This is where i come to you guys. Im looking for mostly input from people a few hundred elo above me by the way.

What is it going to take to raise my elo to the level i feel that i belong? I know im better than the players around me but half my teams are so bad that i cannot carry them.

TL; DR how do i carry out of 1350 elo? my stats and mindset are good, but i feel like im stuck for some reason i cannot figure out.

Thanks
duo queue with top or mid


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrGrimm999

The Council

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpRope View Post
im scared of camping bushes though because i think im going to fall behind.

What i have been doing is farming then when i see an enemy laner push past the middle of the lane i see that a gank is viable. or if an enemy OR my ally are low i know i need to go help him finish, or let him bait the laner into a free kill for us.

my goal when i jungle is just to be as efficient as possible. dont force ganks that arent there and when i do gank make sure it is successful.
I know, but you need to recognize the enemies weakness as well. Say your team is overextended because they have a really aggressive bot, something like corki/lulu. If your bot is pushing and at full health, and you see the enemy jungler try to gank top, it might be viable to go down behind enemy lines through their jungle and tower dive them for a double kill. I am just saying, farming is good, but taking advantage of the enemy team and snowballing lanes is better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vertchewal

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpRope View Post
if there is a champ that will carry me, and hopefully you, it feels like hecarim. even though im even in wins to losses with him i still feel like he is going to carry me out because he is so good. keep playing him you will carry!
Check it out, Hecarim been very good to me, see if my builds/masteries/runes work for you. I glanced at yours. It really helps to find what works. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31629804#history

The thing about Hecarim that is so good in my opinion is because compared to other junglers his early, mid, and late game are all equally strong. He has strong cc, ganks, and dps while having sustain from his W. His tower diving is BOSS. I even advise sometimes that my support plays Janna or Nunu so it works off his passive. Blood Boiled Hecarim is down right scary. And he's actually pretty much the only jungler I've been using, against any jungler I'm up against he comes out on top. Maybe it's the elo I'm in, maybe it's Hecarim, maybe I'm good? Lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bladeweed

Senior Member

12-20-2012

I am less experienced than you, so take this with a grain of salt. Here are a couple comments.

one thing that works for me at lower levels is to communicate early in the game. for instance, when playing Diana, I will ask everyone early "please gank pre six". then when some AP mid with a good poke is pushing me up against my tower, I start pinging and asking politely for a gank. people are more likely to help out when you have set up their expectations, instead of you just pinging out of nowhere. they also need to hear something more than once.

also, you really need to take your teammates as your responsibility. are they losing their lane? well, you better get over there and help out with that. sure, it is "their job" not to get rocked in their lane. but if they don't do "their job" then your elo goes down. sucks, yes, but the way it is. so make it like your job to try to make them better. your k/d ratio might go down, but I bet your wins might go up.

sometimes a jungler even just showing up, without getting a kill, lets people farm in peace for a bit. I do that with warwick a lot. he can't really gank pre-6, but you show up in lane and just zone people out for a while. It's just like you say: "oh hey, what's up. Don't go too far from your tower, or let your health get low in a teamfight, because i'm watching." I certainly appreciate it when I am getting beat up in lane when people do that for me.

anyway, good luck. I think a lot of it is just practice. with your constructive attitude you will get there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rathy Aro

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhRegional View Post
To be quite honest, you can't be running support-like/tanky junglers, you need a deeps dealer, like lee sin. Hecarim has kill potential, but if I see a "fed hecarim", it's generally not much of a problem. Just my input.
...What? Fed Heca is one of the most terrifying things I've every witnessed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N0TxSMURFING

Senior Member

12-20-2012

It's not like solo que gets better at 1400 elo, or probably anywhere higher up. But yeah at 1200-1400 the inconsistencyand skill gap of the players is at the highest extreme (people get stomped so hard to the point where a solo ends up 40 cs at 20 minutes, and games feel like they are determined by these extreme cases rather than your own consistency)

I'm sure people have gotten out playing junglers, but i find it a lot simpler playing adc, where methodologically winning your lane and shutting down your opponent generally has a large enough impact for you to win the game regardless of your teamates...simply having better adc mechanics allows you to basically win teamfights regardless of how bad your team is. The methodology for winning games as an adc is ridiculously simple and doesn't require you to roam/communicate with teamates/help other lanes at all. So if you feel that your mechanics are better than everyone at your elo and you want the game to be more dependent on your own mechanics rather than your teams, play adc.