why am i still 1350 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demagoguery

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastREALninja View Post
*5. Decision making. What seperates someone from 1500-2k elo is not mechanics or last hitting it's mosty making bad decision as to where someone who is truly 2k will make a lot less of them. When you die to something stupid try and figure out why. Know when your character is strong - early, mid or late and abuse that part of the game.
I just broke 1400 ELO and this, a hundred times this.

Most players at 1200+ ELO will know how to play the game, will know how to handle the champion they like playing, and will be decent at last hitting. The biggest cause of loss of games, especially at around 1400 ELO is throwing or becoming overly confident. I've lost more games where we had better team comp or were ahead simply because one person got caught or dived too hard, than anything else. I've also won a lot of games that were horrible for us at first but once the team stopped chasing around the AP Yi and focused the other players we won every team fight.

So know when to back off, know when to go in, and where to position yourself to avoid certain things. Don't be negative, but don't be afraid to yell at your team and tell them to stop letting themselves be kited. Don't let the bad Vayne who is under leveled and has the worst score in the game lead your team with a yell to "PUSH!" when they are out leveling us and have Baron, let her die alone if she wants to be bad, don't stay near her and thus snowball the bad decision making.

In short, remember, Bots have perfect timing and amazing map awareness, what they don't have is good decision making. They will combo and last hit like pros, they'll never outplay you though and that's what's important to remember when playing this game, you're not going to magically own the enemy in Rambo mode, you'll win through small advantages here and there. Take your victories and don't over extend.

Edit: Also remember to go up from 1350 to 1400, is roughly 5 wins with 0 losses, or some ratio of 6:1 wins:losses. That's just how tight you have to play. My current record is 79 wins and 65 losses, that's +14 wins I had to gain without a single loss.

At some point +14 wins isn't going to be a big number, but at the small number of games I've played, it's a big percent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niqhtmare x

Senior Member

12-20-2012

be ready to initiate a 5v4 or 5v3 mid when you see the enemy go bot or top to farm
gg, hecarim controls the initiations so well, you can win every game at 1300-1400 by just doing this

tell your team to push out side lanes before grouping
as soon as one of the enemy goes bot or top INITIATE

(i cant tell you how many low elo hecarims ive played with on smurfs that are wimps and sit back)
you gotta man up and start fights


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WontBeForgotten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpRope View Post
Can anyone tell me what it is that i need to do to break through the invisible force field that seems to be 1400 elo? I really cannot fathom what it is that i am doing wrong.

I play mostly jungle hecarim.

I don't want to brag but my stats with him are pretty ridiculous, and yet this is what i dont understand. It seems for every game I win with ease, i get an uncarryable team that just has no mechanics or even a basic understanding of the game.

I play a farming style jungler, but if ganks are working out then i gank more than farm. It is mostly an adaptive situation depending on the game. I play objective based as well. I take more mid turrets than the mid players on my team do usually. I call for dragon after double kills bot.

This is where i come to you guys. Im looking for mostly input from people a few hundred elo above me by the way.

What is it going to take to raise my elo to the level i feel that i belong? I know im better than the players around me but half my teams are so bad that i cannot carry them.

TL; DR how do i carry out of 1350 elo? my stats and mindset are good, but i feel like im stuck for some reason i cannot figure out.

Thanks
cus you bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iJumpRope

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demagoguery View Post
I just broke 1400 ELO and this, a hundred times this.

Most players at 1200+ ELO will know how to play the game, will know how to handle the champion they like playing, and will be decent at last hitting. The biggest cause of loss of games, especially at around 1400 ELO is throwing or becoming overly confident. I've lost more games where we had better team comp or were ahead simply because one person got caught or dived too hard, than anything else. I've also won a lot of games that were horrible for us at first but once the team stopped chasing around the AP Yi and focused the other players we won every team fight.

So know when to back off, know when to go in, and where to position yourself to avoid certain things. Don't be negative, but don't be afraid to yell at your team and tell them to stop letting themselves be kited. Don't let the bad Vayne who is under leveled and has the worst score in the game lead your team with a yell to "PUSH!" when they are out leveling us and have Baron, let her die alone if she wants to be bad, don't stay near her and thus snowball the bad decision making.

In short, remember, Bots have perfect timing and amazing map awareness, what they don't have is good decision making. They will combo and last hit like pros, they'll never outplay you though and that's what's important to remember when playing this game, you're not going to magically own the enemy in Rambo mode, you'll win through small advantages here and there. Take your victories and don't over extend.

Edit: Also remember to go up from 1350 to 1400, is roughly 5 wins with 0 losses, or some ratio of 6:1 wins:losses. That's just how tight you have to play. My current record is 79 wins and 65 losses, that's +14 wins I had to gain without a single loss.

At some point +14 wins isn't going to be a big number, but at the small number of games I've played, it's a big percent.
this is excellent stuff, thanks a lot bro


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iJumpRope

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoweprinz View Post
be ready to initiate a 5v4 or 5v3 mid when you see the enemy go bot or top to farm
gg, hecarim controls the initiations so well, you can win every game at 1300-1400 by just doing this

tell your team to push out side lanes before grouping
as soon as one of the enemy goes bot or top INITIATE

(i cant tell you how many low elo hecarims ive played with on smurfs that are wimps and sit back)
you gotta man up and start fights
i actually LOVE doing this.my team is doubtful dancing around our tower and i just run in when im fed and ult and burst the enemy team down hard, the other team is scattered and doesnt know what to do and our team just creams them. they are usually very disorganized and werent expecting the quick engage.

ghost and e into a dive and ult is so fast they cant even react.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-20-2012

Well, your allies might suck... but your enemies have to suck, too, right?

If they do, just examine what the people at your elo do, find a weakness in their play, and then exploit it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhRegional

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpRope View Post
Can anyone tell me what it is that i need to do to break through the invisible force field that seems to be 1400 elo? I really cannot fathom what it is that i am doing wrong.

I play mostly jungle hecarim.

I don't want to brag but my stats with him are pretty ridiculous, and yet this is what i dont understand. It seems for every game I win with ease, i get an uncarryable team that just has no mechanics or even a basic understanding of the game.

I play a farming style jungler, but if ganks are working out then i gank more than farm. It is mostly an adaptive situation depending on the game. I play objective based as well. I take more mid turrets than the mid players on my team do usually. I call for dragon after double kills bot.

This is where i come to you guys. Im looking for mostly input from people a few hundred elo above me by the way.

What is it going to take to raise my elo to the level i feel that i belong? I know im better than the players around me but half my teams are so bad that i cannot carry them.

TL; DR how do i carry out of 1350 elo? my stats and mindset are good, but i feel like im stuck for some reason i cannot figure out.

Thanks
To be quite honest, you can't be running support-like/tanky junglers, you need a deeps dealer, like lee sin. Hecarim has kill potential, but if I see a "fed hecarim", it's generally not much of a problem. Just my input.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlayerZ

Recruiter

12-20-2012

low level games are all about making plays and taking advantage of a lead
you generally don't get that playing a 'farm' style in the jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demagoguery

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpRope View Post
this is excellent stuff, thanks a lot bro
No problem.

Really it's a team game, and no amount of skill or feed will let you do things that some people believe are possible. Whenever I've seen a 20/1/x player in my queues at 1300ish ELO, they were very cautious about when they went into fights despite being more well fed than a six stack Cho. They never dove into 3v1s or even 2v1s, they backed off when they saw the other team was trying to trap them and so forth. They also had help, because despite having one or two people semi-feeding on the team, they still had at least two other players who can help manage fights successfully and themselves had good records.

That should say something, if you can be 12-0-3 and not want to pick a fight alone when enough of the opponents are mia, it's probably a sign that no matter how fed you are, you can't be careless and assume you're just going to win.

Even watching streams of 2300 ELO players smurfing, they play very cautiously against opponents taking every small advantage and never picking unfavorable fights. Granted, sometimes bad fights will happen and things will end poorly, that's life, but minimizing that is the important part.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrGrimm999

The Council

12-20-2012

You have a 6.2/2 k/d ratio. This is really good, but the way you describe your game, you farm and gank if it is working is probably part of the problem.

If your team is doing really really badly in lanes, you need to help them more. If you just keep farming the jungle while they are falling further and further behind, of course the other team is going to snowball and you aren't going to catch back up.

Try doing lane ganks more often, even if it means you have to sit in the brush for 30 seconds waiting for the enemy team to push up. An early gank or two can really swing the tide of the game. Also when you say you are pushing mid turrets more than mid is that probably means you are also taking his creeps. It sounds like you will come into the lane when he is gone, push his creep wave to the tower and then leave. This leaves him overexposed and easier to gank by the enemy jungler.

Try to get some wards for your lanes that are doing crappy. Does mid keep getting ganked? Get two wards and put them on either side so he has vision and hopefully won't continue to feed. You need to support your team more instead of just afk farm, steal a kill or two, then push their lanes out and go back to the jungle.

That's what it sounds like anyway, because your stats with hec are good, but you still have a losing win % with him.