why am i still 1350 elo

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Littlebirdsd

12-19-2012

Feel your pain mate. I tend to always win lane, take objectives, make calls, and try and lead team (as ADC), but often another lane has already snowballed the enemy beyond any hope. Other times it's just trolls and feeders intentionally ruining the game. Hopefully with enough games played I'll eventually climb, as my play is consistent and pretty solid I think.

Crowd Pleasah

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpRope View Post
Can anyone tell me what it is that i need to do to break through the invisible force field that seems to be 1400 elo? I really cannot fathom what it is that i am doing wrong.

I play mostly jungle hecarim.

I don't want to brag but my stats with him are pretty ridiculous, and yet this is what i dont understand. It seems for every game I win with ease, i get an uncarryable team that just has no mechanics or even a basic understanding of the game.

I play a farming style jungler, but if ganks are working out then i gank more than farm. It is mostly an adaptive situation depending on the game. I play objective based as well. I take more mid turrets than the mid players on my team do usually. I call for dragon after double kills bot.

This is where i come to you guys. Im looking for mostly input from people a few hundred elo above me by the way.

What is it going to take to raise my elo to the level i feel that i belong? I know im better than the players around me but half my teams are so bad that i cannot carry them.

TL; DR how do i carry out of 1350 elo? my stats and mindset are good, but i feel like im stuck for some reason i cannot figure out.

Thanks
You could try watching some higher elo players stream, focus on what you can do to get better. There isn't really much you can do to change the people you are playing with, you gotta just focus on yourself and your role. I know Phantoml0rds stream he gives Lessons pretty much the whole time and you can pick up on alot of helpful tips. He focuses on all range of elo players too, you could probably pick up some stuff you are doing wrong. I know how you feel though it seems like every game you always have that guy...

Chaoscommand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpRope View Post
i do not have many people that i duo with but when they are on i do duo with them. when i do i usually rack up a bunch of wins. then i go back to solo and lose it all because i cant duo queue all the time

yes i always urge my team to take objectives after a successful teamfight.

thanks for the feedback!
if you are successful with a duo queue and not playing as successful in solo might wanna consider just holding off seems like a simple fix duo q means at least 40% of your team you can trust. solo q 20% you can rely on. math.

iJumpRope

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moramee View Post
You could try watching some higher elo players stream, focus on what you can do to get better. There isn't really much you can do to change the people you are playing with, you gotta just focus on yourself and your role. I know Phantoml0rds stream he gives Lessons pretty much the whole time and you can pick up on alot of helpful tips. He focuses on all range of elo players too, you could probably pick up some stuff you are doing wrong. I know how you feel though it seems like every game you always have that guy...
yeah i watch a lot of high elo streams and i have learned so so much from them, it's incredible.

and yes some people are overly sensitive where they dont get a blue buff so they afk for the rest of the game. i seem to get people like that a lot, unfortunately. i keep saying to myself that if i just keep playing how i do i will rise no matter what but i am definitely getting more troll/hardcore feeding teams then i am decent ones.

iJumpRope

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoscommand View Post
if you are successful with a duo queue and not playing as successful in solo might wanna consider just holding off seems like a simple fix duo q means at least 40% of your team you can trust. solo q 20% you can rely on. math.
thats a good point, ill just have to find many people i can duo queue with that are reliable so i can always duo.

thank you sir

iJumpRope

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebirdsd View Post
Feel your pain mate. I tend to always win lane, take objectives, make calls, and try and lead team (as ADC), but often another lane has already snowballed the enemy beyond any hope. Other times it's just trolls and feeders intentionally ruining the game. Hopefully with enough games played I'll eventually climb, as my play is consistent and pretty solid I think.
precisely how i feel

RopeJr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-19-2012

you have to win more games than you lose. i have 30 more wins than losses hence me being 1770 elo

iJumpRope

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeJr View Post
you have to win more games than you lose. i have 30 more wins than losses hence me being 1770 elo
and would you be so kind as to show me how that is done?

iJumpRope

12-19-2012

bump

TheOmegaBunny

12-19-2012

I can Que with u Friday morning if u wanna get past it. Ill show u the light. Duno if ull stay though

123456 ... 9