How does poppy do on dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man

12-19-2012

Title.

Phourc

12-19-2012

She used to be a tiny blue goddess of vengeance, I don't think I've seen her since s3 hit. Build her tanky with a Triforce and a bit of mpen and I don't see any reason why she couldn't still cause some hurt

Honestly I've been wondering if she could run bot lane if she rushed a tiamat..

Ukaei

12-19-2012

You've got way better picks..

Darius.. who does just as much damage and can soak up damage.

Poppy is a wild card; toss of the dice. You either do well with her or you go through a painful 20 mini loss.

STANKSTORM DELTA

12-19-2012

This is what I do.

Runes: 14 M.Pen, then Armor/Mpen.
Masteries: Go heavy in the offensive tree. Get the Magic Pen stuff, but not AP. Get the AD stuff, but not Penetration.

Revive/Other, your choice. I prefer Clarity.

Sheen, pots.
CDR Boots
Cloak of Agility or Haunting Guise
Glacial Shroud
Whatever you didn't previously buy/build the second to last step, get it.
Finish Infinity Edge, or opt into getting Frozen Fist earlier.

Afterwards, build what you need. The game might be over by this point. If you're going to build offensively, stack some more Crit first, THEN go AD. Defensively, Hexdrinker/Whatever armor item, build HP last. I personally wouldn't bother with Void Staff unless four (maybe three) of your opposition are going heavy into the MR line and you don't have anyone on your team that has any amount of MR debuffing abilities.

With this set-up in mind, you need to know that POPPY IS HER Q, AND Q IS POPPY.
When activated, your next attack will deal MAGIC DAMAGE based on all sorts of sources: Enemy HP, your AD, Sheen-line, your AP, base damage. And IT CAN CRIT (not the sheen-proc, mind). Meaning, you're drawing damage from physical characteristics, but in magical damage.

I find her to be a real blast to play, as you concentrate on two different offensive spectrums: Magic Penetration, and AD/Crit.

Orphane

12-19-2012

Just fine, thanks for asking!

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

She's at least T1, maybe cheesecake Tier.

Pick someone, they die. AP Poppy with new Deathfire is murderface.

Fabs457

12-19-2012

If you know how to play her and go AP, you will always be able contribute and pull your own weight. I think she requires more thought for engagement than simply derping into a fight and spamming abilities on random champs instead of playing her like an assassin. You can shave off 1/3--1/2 health off players prior to teamfights if you pick your spots and whack people with your e/q combo. She is awesome for ganking bot as well

STANKSTORM DELTA

12-19-2012

I haven't tried her with the new DFG yet. I suppose the active damage magic percentile increase might be nice alongside her ult's total damage percentile increase. I'll see about working this in before I finish Fist and IE in a game.

CallMeTaste

12-20-2012

Arg, the bane of all squishies on Crystal Scar. Diplo immunity FUUUU....

Seriously, she's good. Read up on some guides.

FOODFOOD

12-20-2012

She's very good in Dominion.