Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New"er" player needing Champ advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RosieIzzy

10-14-2010

Hello all!

I started as Xin and enjoyed playing him but got sick of him rather quickly. I moved to Ashe and realized that she is a difficult Champ to master. She is also over used and nobody really likes using the popular char. I have playing playing as Amumu the last couple of weeks and really enjoy him as NOBODY in Normal matches will pick a tank. He makes the game fun but everybody wants to get a good gank character every now and again.

Brings me to this. I was very impressed by both Kennen and Vladimir when I have seen them. I am sure it was good players using them but I would like to give it a shot. Please give me your opinion on which one to go with or suggest somebody you really enjoy playing for me as a "carry" damage character. I was looking at the AP builds on both btw.

Thanks!

Etteril

10-14-2010

I really enjoy Anivia. She does a crapton of magic damage but she also has slowing abilities and her wall, which can be used together very creatively.

She's also difficult to master, but I don't claim to have mastered her. She's easy enough to play decently, and that's all I can ask.

As for Kennen and Vlad, they are both fun, but I don't have loads of experience with them so I'll leave that discussion to more experienced players. Good luck!

RosieIzzy

10-14-2010

My brother plays Anivia and does well and enjoys it. I am looking for more a melee class. Ranged classes don't appeal to me as much. I could have pointed that out. Thanks for replying though!

Memorylame

10-14-2010

Kennen or Vlad both are solid.

Onelöve

10-14-2010

Vlad and kennen are both a lot of fun to play. Kennen has a skill shot and a lot of AoE, but he needs to be in the middle of a battle to get most of his damage dealt. He also has a stun, which is very useful.

Vlad has a slow (His Sanquine Pool), but no other crowd control. His pool is also a great escape ability, as it acts sort of like flash. This means if a stun is coming at you, you can pool to avoid that stun. The downside to this is it cost around 20% of his current health (This ability has spell vamp on it, so you can gain some of that back.) His ability to stay in lane is very strong, since his Q has a spell vamp effect, giving him health back.

I saw you said you like melee, and neither ken or vlad truly fit that role. To fit a melee role, Olaf is great fun, as is Master Yi. Tryndemere can also be a good time, however he takes a bit of time to really master.