Noxious Trap/Blackfire Torch BROKEN

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gragas Undressed

12-19-2012

I'm never one to ask to have the devs swing the nerf bat at a champion but to be honest, this is ridiculous. Not only is Noxious Trap the most OP of ults to begin with (mutliple on an extremely short CD for the multitude of abilities it has, i.e. invisible, grants map vision, AoE, DoT, slow, and the only way to destroy one IF you can see it is auto attack - which btw means melee has no way to destroy it without facechecking), but on top of that allowing Blackfire Torch's passive (Your spells burn for an additional 3.5% of the target champion's maximum health in magic damage over 2 seconds. Each second burned consumes a charge. Up to 18 charges are generated when not in use) to synergize with ALL of his shrooms that are out is insanity.

Someone please tell me how this is balanced? I mean he can have 10 spells active that all have the option of setting off Blackfire Torch's passive, just from dropping traps. This doesn't even include his other abilities. I'm not asking to have his OP traps nerfed again. I just don't think they should activate the Torch.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

3.5% of your health is a big deal? In magic damage?

Lets see the math so I can point out how silly this complaint is

Kyu Ryu

12-19-2012

Teemo's Ult was already nerfed to balance this item out.

Crazeh Fruit

12-19-2012

You think that's OP, do you know about Liandry's? It takes 10 percent of their current health when using an ability if slowed, 5 percent if not slowed. So all of his shrooms take 10 percent of their current health with it. Yeah.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazeh Fruit View Post
You think that's OP, do you know about Liandry's? It takes 10 percent of their current health when using an ability if slowed, 5 percent if not slowed. So all of his shrooms take 10 percent of their current health with it. Yeah.
:/ still not impressed.

Ahri uses it harder I bet

Also doesnt noxious trap count as AoE damage? so the damage would be reduced

Kyu Ryu

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazeh Fruit View Post
Its 5% because its an AoE. If you look at the patch, teemo's ult was actually nerfed to hard. His final rank has 150 damage taken off. You'd have to have 3000 HP to get that 150 damage back. Not to mention he is paying gold for this effect so it shouldn't have been as strong of a nerf.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Ryu View Post
Its 5% because its an AoE. If you look at the patch, teemo's ult was actually nerfed to hard. His final rank has 150 damage taken off. You'd have to have 3000 HP to get that 150 damage back. Not to mention he is paying gold for this effect so it shouldn't have been as strong of a nerf.
how much dos a health potion heal for lol

Also theres a ton of hp regen sustain

Gragas Undressed

12-19-2012

It isn't that it hits harder than anyone else. It's that it can go off on any one of the shrooms he lays out. So he can have his ten shrooms spread throughout the map, and no matter which one you hit, it activates the torch. Hit another one? Activates the torch. And since the shrooms put a DoT on you already, each tick activates the torch. Hit one shroom? 4 activations of the torch. 3.5% 4x can add up real fast. And this is on every one of the shrooms that he just plops down everywhere like they are going out of style.

Eagle pitpit

12-19-2012

No, really, the torch isn't the problem, it does very low damage compared to teemo's base ult damage, maybe just adding an extra 50 damage, no more.

Gragas Undressed

12-19-2012

At level 6, the trap does a base of 200 dmg. Let's say the only AP increase Teemo has is from Blackfire Torch(we won't even count runes). So he has a flat 70 AP. The shroom deals the base 200 + 80% AP, in this case that is an extra 56 damage. Now for the sake of simplicity, let's say it hits the opponent Teemo at level 6. Level 6 Teemo has 875 base health. 3.5% of is 30.625. That times 4 is 122.5. Total dmg: 378.5 So you're losing almost 50% of your health to an ability that is invisible, slows you and your allies if they are unlucky enough to also get hit at the same time. This also doesn't take into account the magic pen on the item. Add runes and magic pen, you're talking about an invisible spell that hits you for 50% or more of your health.