directx error shader model 2.0 need help please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valenon

12-19-2012

Ive updated my drivers, re-installed LoL, checked my directx ....don't know what else to do. please help

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-19-2012

You would get this under two conditions...

Your video card doesn't support Shader Model 2.0 or higher. You can't fix this, it requires a new video card.

or

Your drivers are not installed, you will want to obtain the drivers from the computer manufacturer.

DrunkAndSober

12-20-2012

I disagree. I'm having the same problem. I did everything Valenon did and nothing. I know my graphics card supports it because I was playing LoL earlier but now I can't.

magnifique66

12-30-2012

hey everyone...i been playing for at least a year and suddently the game start lagging, so i reinstalled it and since....not able to play because of this not support shader or directx ...been searching on forum and it aint my graphic card, i got a radeon hd 5570 and like i said i ve been playing for a while now....pls help .i dont know how to post the dxdiag
<

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-30-2012

Make sure you have the latest version of Direct X installed..

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

A radeon HD 5570 supports this natively. There is no way on earth that you should be getting this error if everything is set up correctly.

This tends to happen on XP installs with outdated DirectX or integrated/obsolete video cards. You may not get this on a fresh-bought Vista computer and you certainly won't get this on a fresh-bought Win7 computer.
This error only appears if your hardware doesn't support it.

POiNtyBalL

POiNtyBalL

06-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by POiNtyBalL View Post
guys this works, it helped my friend after about half a year of him not being able to play

TimRDude

06-18-2013

POiNtyBalL's solution worked for me
After downloading another Moba based game(Smite) I got the error. I tried updating directx, my drivers, and my video card none of that worked but this did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6PdJn3kKA
Thank you POiNtyBalL