Why isn't Darius's ult channeled or have a range limit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acanthus

Senior Member

12-26-2012

More Darius topics today again, yay. /sarcasm
Bumping.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acanthus

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Novä

Member

12-27-2012

the problem is that riot make this game for noobs so if i flashbefore the ult land on me i get hit anyway.

no skill, just pull, spin, ult, dead.
its like playing garen, silence, spin to crit, ult, dead


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Darius does have a range on his ult. Once it is started it goes through no matter the distance like all champs. They only way to stop his ult is to cc him in someway during his animation. Unfortunately if this happens he doesn't it waste, While other champs do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acanthus

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
Darius does have a range on his ult. Once it is started it goes through no matter the distance like all champs. They only way to stop his ult is to cc him in someway during his animation. Unfortunately if this happens he doesn't it waste, While other champs do.
You're way off. It's not channeled, so cc actually doesn't stop it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ripplez

Senior Member

12-27-2012

There is a fundamental difference between Skarner's and Darius's Ultimate.

The reason why Skarner's ultimate was nerfed in that sense was because if you got caught out of position, Skarner could drag you into his team to just die from full hp. You could go from 100% to 0% and there was no real escape from this apart from Quicksilver Sash. This could happen under towers, in team fights, in ganks and given Skarner can carry flash too, he could flash in, grab you and leave with you, wherein you died - again, from 100% to 0%. This is why the nerf happened.

Darius's ultimate cannot kill you from 100% to 0%. It is designed not to - it needs him to do damage beforehand or for you to already have been low (presumably by fighting) and in that sense, your ability to survive comes from your cc and stuff from before he uses his ultimate, not once he starts it.

This is also why the leap into the air is important - if the fight was close enough, you might be able to kill him during the half second where he does no damage and walk away a winner. It is rare but it happens.

Constantly comparing Skarner's Ultimate to Darius's Ultimate does not work, Skarner's ultimate before was WAY better because, with proper play, it was essentially Darius's Ultimate but with more damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acanthus

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplez View Post
There is a fundamental difference between Skarner's and Darius's Ultimate.

The reason why Skarner's ultimate was nerfed in that sense was because if you got caught out of position, Skarner could drag you into his team to just die from full hp. You could go from 100% to 0% and there was no real escape from this apart from Quicksilver Sash. This could happen under towers, in team fights, in ganks and given Skarner can carry flash too, he could flash in, grab you and leave with you, wherein you died - again, from 100% to 0%. This is why the nerf happened.

Darius's ultimate cannot kill you from 100% to 0%. It is designed not to - it needs him to do damage beforehand or for you to already have been low (presumably by fighting) and in that sense, your ability to survive comes from your cc and stuff from before he uses his ultimate, not once he starts it.

This is also why the leap into the air is important - if the fight was close enough, you might be able to kill him during the half second where he does no damage and walk away a winner. It is rare but it happens.

Constantly comparing Skarner's Ultimate to Darius's Ultimate does not work, Skarner's ultimate before was WAY better because, with proper play, it was essentially Darius's Ultimate but with more damage.
There is no perfect comparison because there is nothing in this game that is exactly the same. My point is that you shouldn't be considered dead if you're at half hp (or 30% if you have a lot of hp) and move into a certain range. You should be able to avoid it with skill, which also shouldn't put it on cooldown, so the teamfight pressure is still there. And cc should still affect it (UNLIKE skarner's ult).

Also, getting caught out of position tends to be death anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoniman

Junior Member

12-27-2012

All I'm hearing is, wah wah wah, I don't know, nor understand how to counter Darius, he keeps killing me, wah wah wah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acanthus

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by qq more View Post
All I'm hearing is, wah wah wah, I don't know, nor understand how to counter Darius, he keeps killing me, wah wah wah.
Hi troll. I know how to counter and play against/as Darius. Go away now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shockforce

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
Darius does have a range on his ult. Once it is started it goes through no matter the distance like all champs. They only way to stop his ult is to cc him in someway during his animation. Unfortunately if this happens he doesn't it waste, While other champs do.
O' rly?

I used skarner's ult to try to stop him once and all that ended up happening was that it froze Darius mid-air, epic descent pose. The damage still went off though.