Why isn't Darius's ult channeled or have a range limit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neonvaporeon

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptoRGmo7 View Post
omg darius never was op, learn how counter him god...
finally, someone who know what a hard counter is, and for those that don't, playing teemo/jayce/kayle/yorick/any top lane with good ranged damage, you will beat darius unless you are hopelessly bad.

oh yeah, if you don't feed darius he falls off really hard late game.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonvaporeon View Post
finally, someone who know what a hard counter is, and for those that don't, playing teemo/jayce/kayle/yorick/any top lane with good ranged damage, you will beat darius unless you are hopelessly bad.

To be honest hard countering darius isn't even necessary. You should just counter someone more important. Darius can hardly do anything about champs he does "counter" let alone carry a game.

Neonvaporeon

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
To be honest hard countering darius isn't even necessary. You should just counter someone more important. Darius can hardly do anything about champs he does "counter" let alone carry a game.
unless people hold s and then he gets fed

vennomite

12-24-2012

there's a certain point in darius' cast animation that if you break line of sight it doesnt finish. its really short though. but it has happened to me a few times casting the ult that if sometime breaks sight before he finishes getting off the ground or something he wont finish his ult.

Acanthus

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonvaporeon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptoRGmo7 View Post
omg darius never was op, learn how counter him god...

This thread is STILL not about nerfing Darius. This is about fixing a broken (in the literal sense) mechanic. Why? So the game stays fun. It's like when people would flash out of Skarner's ult and get pulled back anyway to instadie to 5 people. The developers thought that either they wanted to raise the skill cap so reflexes would be rewarded or that they thought the ult was too rewarding for an inescapable targeted skill (I'm guessing). This has the same logic. Point is, the damage is fine, there's nothing wrong with that, but the mechanics of it make fighting against it really unfun. I think it should keep the damage, keep the refreshing execution that makes it iconic and rewarding to use, but make it so that you can fight it with skill. If the developers feel that he needs a buff along with this change to keep him in competitive with other champions by say (as an example) increasing his movement speed buff for bleeding targets, I'm okay with that as a counterbalance.

lactosefree1

Recruiter

12-24-2012

This. I got extremely infuriated at one point while playing as Janna, since he was chasing me back towards my turret, and my ultimate came up. I used mine right as Darius used his, and despite the fact that even though there was no way he could have touched me at all, his ultimate still killed me. This happened twice in one game. That, and the fact that his ultimate is true damage makes it obnoxiously easy for him to get kills on anyone who doesn't have more than 3500 health.

My Desired Name

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimyripper View Post
Honestly, there needs to be two tweeks to darius.

1: Like everyone here is saying, be able to escape his stupid ult, it sucks how every time i flash away, he just nicks me and gets the kill.

2. His ult should not ADD another stack of Hemorrhage, that is so ludicrous!! IT should instead consume them so that way if he does not kill you with his ult... WELL TOO BAD. Instead what happens is, he ults and u run away but it doesn't matter, 5 stacks of hemorrhage and an ignite will surely finish whatever health you had left.

These are the only problems i have with Darius, everything else is fine.

Grimyripper
This is perfect!

Ballzofire

12-25-2012

Garens ult is amazing. I had cast my ult on enemy vayne. i got flung by singed at the same time. She flashed and tumbled awayi was almost at our mid turret. she had made it past hers. Boy did she cry when that space sword came down on her head. ILU garen

Acanthus

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzofire View Post
Garens ult is amazing. I had cast my ult on enemy vayne. i got flung by singed at the same time. She flashed and tumbled awayi was almost at our mid turret. she had made it past hers. Boy did she cry when that space sword came down on her head. ILU garen
And then it goes on cooldown.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzofire View Post
speaking of which, vayne can stun you post mortum lol