Why isn't Darius's ult channeled or have a range limit?

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acanthus

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struddle View Post
It's just the way riot does things in their game and it's aggravating but the way things work and it's something you have to either accept or just be frustrated with since there isn't much that can be done about it. If you want action canceling or avoidance of damage when using certain spells play some dota/dota2/hon all of those games have exactly what your looking for but remember this the timing on those are absolutely unmatched and extremely skillful.
There's no reason I can't ask for the change. *Shrug*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
Which fixing would probably end a lot of QQing.
The 'fixing' implies that there's a problem with the way it works currently outside of balance concerns. You might not like it, but it's working as intended.

Similarly it's not imbalanced. Time has shown Darius to be a fairly average champion all around.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
Human reflexes aren't that fast.
it does not change the question of if you say flash out of olaf E and it kills you why is it any different then flashing out of darius ult?

if you flash out of ANY ability but they still got the cast off they hit with the exception of getting out of vision (sometimes it does this not always) and skarner ult because riot specifically changed that.

if you KNOW flashing out of the ult will not save you, why even try?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acanthus

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
it does not change the question of if you say flash out of olaf E and it kills you why is it any different then flashing out of darius ult?

if you flash out of ANY ability but they still got the cast off they hit with the exception of getting out of vision (sometimes it does this not always) and skarner ult because riot specifically changed that.

if you KNOW flashing out of the ult will not save you, why even try?
I don't. I just think I should be able to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
I don't. I just think I should be able to.
you realize that would make darius's ult 100% useless right? he would never get a kill with it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
you can also troll pool or zhonya's
These two will not put Darius' ultimate on cooldown.

Darius' ultimate only goes on cooldown if he strikes his target. Banshee's Veil, Spell Shield, Nightmare Shroud, Divine Intervention, Diplomatic Immunity and Undying Rage (and any I missed) are the only ways to "waste" Darius' ultimate and put it on cooldown (short of surviving it, obviously).

I agree with the original point. It should at least break - like Skarner, Cho'Gath, etc. None of those go on cooldown, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bob the bomber

Senior Member

12-21-2012

I do have to agree to be able to do instant 500 more true damage is pretty crazy, but if they did put a cool-down it would need to be a second or less.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
It isn't channeled and once the animation starts the range limit is ignored like old skarner ult, just saying.
The thing with the flash being called a range limit seems awkward to me.


anyways, if its not channeled why is fiora able to dodge it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Flash is not there to save you from stupid mistakes and waste peoples ults. Youre lucky its even effective as it currently is. This is the logic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
The thing with the flash being called a range limit seems awkward to me.


anyways, if its not channeled why is fiora able to dodge it?
Fiora becomes untargettable during her ult, so she can dodge it much like Vlad's pool of Fizz's trollpoll allow them to.


12345678 ... 12