Why isn't Darius's ult channeled or have a range limit?

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

12-20-2012

I can't think of a single targeted primary damage spell that breaks just because the other guy uses flash.

Zombiemaster

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
I don't know, if I flash past a ****-ton of trees, and his axe hits the ground and executes me, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Flashing over trees or any terrain will most likely put you out of his sight range, unless there is a ward, and if you leave his sight range (or go stealthed) his ult will miss. Don't remember if it goes on CD, but it does miss.

Acanthus

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
I can't think of a single targeted primary damage spell that breaks just because the other guy uses flash.
To be fair, those are typically ranged or gap closers. Lee Sin's ult and Kha'zix's q are too fast to avoid, so I can't really see if it does. Same for Olaf's e. Last one I can think of is warwick's q. None of them are really long enough cast time to try and avoid it with a movement skill, and thus would be difficult to reproduce. I'm going to guess that you're right, but I still think this ought to be a special case.

woopyfrood

12-21-2012

Actually, if Noxian Guillotine's cast animation is interrupted by Darius's death, then it won't be cast.

That's the only way to stop it that I know of. Once saw a teammate saved because of that fact.

But it is an EXTREMELY short window to kill him through.

Acanthus

12-21-2012

I had an instance today where I ulted someone as Darius today, failed to kill him, but someone killed him less than a second after I dealt damage (and they got the kill), and my ult still refreshed. I don't think that should be possible either.

Kagami

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
because skarner's ult is a displacement

darius's is just damage, there's a HUGE difference in the mechanics which is why doing it for darius's makes no sense
Darius is DEATH any time a remotely smart player is using it, and flashing away to die feels just as bad if not more than flashing and being pulled to (a potential) death from skarner.

RaptoRGmo7

12-21-2012

omg darius never was op, learn how counter him god...

Vencu

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Darius is DEATH any time a remotely smart player is using it, and flashing away to die feels just as bad if not more than flashing and being pulled to (a potential) death from skarner.
So if I was olaf and I e'd and did the 400 or however much true damage and u tried to flash and died would you whine about that too? There are plenty of abilities that can kill you when u flash why shouldn't darius ult?

Acanthus

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
So if I was olaf and I e'd and did the 400 or however much true damage and u tried to flash and died would you whine about that too? There are plenty of abilities that can kill you when u flash why shouldn't dyrus ult?
Human reflexes aren't that fast.

Struddle

12-21-2012

Riot doesn't believe in action canceling once an animation starts it finishes no matter the range or distance. It's something that they've put in the game that really is a bit annoying but you get used to it. Honestly it's a double edged blade that can be both positive and negative it allows for much fewer escapes but means more kills happen. Currently if memory serves there are only a few spells in game that actually make you invulnerable to damage.

1. Kayle Ultimate
2. Vladamir Pool
3. Shaco Ultimate

It's just the way riot does things in their game and it's aggravating but the way things work and it's something you have to either accept or just be frustrated with since there isn't much that can be done about it. If you want action canceling or avoidance of damage when using certain spells play some dota/dota2/hon all of those games have exactly what your looking for but remember this the timing on those are absolutely unmatched and extremely skillful.

1234567 ... 12