Why isn't Darius's ult channeled or have a range limit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlippantFox

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogos View Post
An Ass? Whoops, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to butthurt ya brah. Have a pogostick, on Darius.
I'm not butthurt, you were just being unnecessarily rude (and not rude to me, but to someone else). Your post had no point other than to belittle his opinion without giving any kind of reasoning for doing so.

Nea De Penserhir

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishli View Post
you do have a modest point there, but with darius, his ultimate is almost always up, the second thing is, it's much more dangerous to jump to a target than to pull them in, darius's apprehend is almost like a mini blitzcrank grab, sure it pulls in multiple targets, which can come back to bite him, but that's rare, if wukong is at half hp, he might be a little wary of jumping towards the enemy team to get the kill, while darius can pull you to his team. if wukong had to use his ultimate to escape, or aid in another kill, he might not be able to kill said half health carry in under 3 seconds, and then the carry would have a chance to flash away, or possibly cc in the case of vayne or draven. while in darius' case, if he grabs them, melee, q w, it doesn't matter what they do, if they flash, stun, silence, his ulti is already dropping and there's nothing that can be done
Primary example right here.

Everyone is assuming that Darius is in optimal position and the enemy isn't. That Darius is full health with an ultimate and/or summoners ready, and the enemy is not in a similar state.

This is a flawed approach.

Vencu

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
His bleeds are turning physical, weakening his early game a little when he's itemized against, but dramatically buffing his mid/late game due to his inherent 25% armor penetration and synergy with black cleaver.
meanwhile anyone building BC + LW will still have a far better late game

darius is an early game champion, he's near useless late other then a damage sponge or zoning. I'm much more afraid of assassin type champions instagibbing my carries then i am a darius

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

The only thing I don't like about his ult is how it and Garen's aren't even comparable.

Garen's ult has far longer cooldown, Garens ult does magic damage vs true damage, Garen's ult doesn't refresh on cooldown, with full stacks, and Darius' ult does more damage than Garens in vitually every situation before magic resist.

I know they are different champs with different basic abilities but I feel like they need to change his ult in some way, it consuming charges definately makes sense.

Acanthus

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyflames View Post
The only thing I don't like about his ult is how it and Garen's aren't even comparable.

Garen's ult has far longer cooldown, Garens ult does magic damage vs true damage, Garen's ult doesn't refresh on cooldown, with full stacks, and Darius' ult does more damage than Garens in vitually every situation before magic resist.

I know they are different champs with different basic abilities but I feel like they need to change his ult in some way, it consuming charges definately makes sense.
Garen's ultimate scales with missing health, so actually, the more hp an opponent has, the more damage it does, so you'd probably do roughly the same damage to a full tank as a squishy, and more damage to an hp tank like Mundo. Hexdrinker and Maw of Malmortius really screw with Garen's ult though.

Acanthus

01-11-2013

Another thread on the ultimate came up. Bumping to make a point.

Twettar

01-12-2013

Its frustrating when you flash from his ult but still take the full damage.