Why isn't Darius's ult channeled or have a range limit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Asking to be able to flash away from a melee range skill is hardly asking a lot.

Hexalion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

personaly i think that flashing away isnt really the problem, where i think the skill is totaly broke and unbalanced is that in that short window it is possible to stun/CC him AFTER he has launched the ult...and even you do cancel out his ultimate, it does not come off cooldown so he can simply launch it again. THAT is bs in my eyes and all other skills i know of that are similar are instantly sent on cooldown if you cancel em midway like that.

its written that if you kill it refreshes, but i think thats untrue(and the reason why its broken)
i beleive the reality is that the skill is made the other way around and has NO COOLDOWN, but has a condition that if it fails to kill: a cooldown starts. In this way if you CC him, the skill was never completed so the script asking: did this ult kill? no? cooldown! never happens. It should be the other way around like lets say Cass' E or master yi's skills, cooldown starts if you get the kill it refreshes meaning if you stun him midway, its still cancelled.

Aerogos

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexalion View Post
personaly i think
Quote:
THAT is bs in my eyes
Quote:
i beleive
I don't think I need to reference more.

P0nceDeLeon

01-06-2013

he isn't broken. quit being stomped by him in pubs and learn how to deal with a darius. hint hes hard if you're bad at the game.

Acanthus

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0nceDeLeon View Post
he isn't broken. quit being stomped by him in pubs and learn how to deal with a darius. hint hes hard if you're bad at the game.
I didn't say he was broken. I said the type of mechanic his ult has is broken. If you bothered to read the first post AT ALL, you'd have seen that I said that buffing him after making this change would be a good idea. I cited buffing his STICKING POWER so he's still be able to pull off ults. How in the **** am I saying he's hard? I want him and his counter-play to have a higher skill ceiling. Buffing his sticking power after making his ult escapable would increase the skill cap and the skill reward for him (because you wouldn't *have* to burst execute the player if you didn't want to, if say you wanted an adc to get the kill, then you could stick and w).

From now on, if people say dumb **** I already covered, I'm going to tell them to learn to read before spouting off their mouths.

Acanthus

01-07-2013

Bump.

Foxbyte

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogos View Post
I don't think I need to reference more.
You're right. You've made it clear that you are an ass.

Just because someone uses qualifiers in their posts to point out that this is their opinion doesn't mean their opinions are wrong or somehow less valid.

Take the previous sentence as an example. If I worded it as "I believe that just because someone uses qualifiers..." instead, does that make my point any less valid? No.

Anyway, I hope they do make Darius' ultimate channel, and maybe for a slightly longer period than his current animation (at present he'll be in the middle of a team so CC'ing him might be tough depending on your comp). I've been killed countless times by that thing even after I Flash'd away from him.

Peligrad

01-07-2013

Good post OP. I agree. Darius is toxic to the game.

Super super low skill cap to play and insure kills. High skill cap to counter play.

Yes there are counters...Nid does **** all over Darius (and 99% of other top laners). Teemo does **** all over Darius in lane (and is also really hard to fit into a good team comp).

But super hard countering isn't fun...either way it goes.

So please...give Darius some utility and raise his skill cap...

Take some damage away from Decimate so that it isn't the ultimate "fu(k melee" skill. Make him have to actually harass someone...not just land one decimate and then wait for decimate again and full combo for lolfreekillsIwin.

I hate laning against Darius if I don't have a ranged auto attack.

Because Darius is the ultimate game ruiner. No melee can get cs against him. So you get zoned out of most your CS for the first part of the game...and play catch up for the rest of it.

Stupid stupid stupid... more toxic than Yorick or Renekton ever were.

Acanthus

01-07-2013

Tbh, I don't feel like decimate is much of a factor against him. Then again, my champion choices might have something to do with that, rofl.

Acanthus

01-08-2013

Bump.