No Longer Fun...Help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I am current down in the pits not knowing what to do. I'm sure blind-pick doesn't help matters, but I don't have enough champions to play draft mode.

My team is picking 2 top before anyone goes into bot lane (I usually play support/adc/ jungle), almost instantly leaving us without a jungler. I wouldn't mind this too much if people actually warded and tried to keep buff control.

The logic escapes me. I try to give red to my ADC, but they are too busy trying to harass the enemy under their turret (I almost die to red buff). If there is a melee champion farming the range ADC continues to kill minions without applying any harass even when on the dominating side of a lane composition. If I have a support (as ADC), I am the only one warding/ harassing while they use their skills to grab the cs (more damage than my AA), then proceed to leave me in a 1v2 bottom.

When we lose one person people surrender instantly without giving them a chance to come back. Winning a fight seems to mean nothing, if they go one at a time to face the enemy team (and die) it is an instant surrender. I can somewhat understand how you can be caught in that situation, but I don't think surrendering is the best option if you have won previous team fights. It is also sad when you know you can win a game because you are fed, but the team still surrenders disregarding any positive comments.

I personally don't hate on people who do poorly in lane because there is usually a reason behind it even if they play it safe. It is just that I am trying to work with people who don't care about objectives and think you don't need wards when laning against Blitzcrank.

I would add more examples, but there isn't too much of a point in continuously rambling on about a string of bad games so I'll get to the point.

1. Are there any videos of people carrying games with "non-OP" champions. (I try to stay away from champions that may be overpowered). I also wonder if there are any play-style changes one needs to make to play in these situations.

2. Regarding the message "(Enter name) has quit the game." Is there any way to change it back to just "disconnected" or some other message that does not necessarily imply that they purposely left without a good reason? I think 4 of 7 of my last losses were ally surrenders the instant someone dced.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to add them. There is a good chance I already do some things that may be suggested (eg. attack/ defensive pings without over-doing them, politely asking people to ward using examples of the usefulness, etc), but stick them in anyways!

TLDR: Blind-Pick Elo Hell. I am wondering about the numbered questions. You may not understand them fully if you don't like reading through my Q.Qing.

Ruka Urushibara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

That's the solo queue blues for ya. I stopped playing league for a while, then went back to it and didn't perform as well as I used to, causing a massive string of losses until I finally got back to my old self, and then suddenly found that the people I queue with right now are rather bad compared to the ones I used to play. I'd never seen this many consistently bad matches before. I am, of course, not saying that I wasn't meant to be in that spot in the first place, and after all, who can say? Get some friends who are good, increase your normal elo, then go back to it on your own. You'll enjoy yourself like I did once you're in the clear.

Ethri

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Urushibara View Post
That's the solo queue blues for ya. I stopped playing league for a while, then went back to it and didn't perform as well as I used to, causing a massive string of losses until I finally got back to my old self, and then suddenly found that the people I queue with right now are rather bad compared to the ones I used to play. I'd never seen this many consistently bad matches before. I am, of course, not saying that I wasn't meant to be in that spot in the first place, and after all, who can say? Get some friends who are good, increase your normal elo, then go back to it on your own. You'll enjoy yourself like I did once you're in the clear.
I think my issue is losing a string of games with friends who consistently play bad... lol. I just added them because they are nice.

Ruka Urushibara

12-19-2012

I'm going to assume that by non-OP, you mean some of the older champions that aren't currently in the mixing pot of balancing anymore, because stability is the only good reason not to use them. Anyone you have in mind?

Nuker X

12-19-2012

um, you play blinds and complain that people don't play the meta or go for objectives like dragon?

You want more enjoyment, play draft. You only need to own 6 champs, plus the 10 free ones (and hope one of those aren't any that you own).

Ethri

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuker X View Post
um, you play blinds and complain that people don't play the meta or go for objectives like dragon?

You want more enjoyment, play draft. You only need to own 6 champs, plus the 10 free ones (and hope one of those aren't any that you own).
At a certain point people know the basics. From a positive point of view, I've been paired with Vayne having to go against Caitlyn/Soraka in bottom lane. Since it was blind pick, I chose Lulu simply to make up for her lack of range despite there being better support picks. The Caitlyn was bad enough to lose to a proficient Vayne, despite their Soraka playing well.

It is not necessarily the fact that people don't aim for dragon, but the fact that when someone suggests objectives that provide a good advantage at optimal times they still go ignored. I don't mind if someone goes AD Janna, but why not AD Janna with red buff?

As for the subject of draft... My rune page setups are not in my favor. If I am ever stuck mid, I only have my jungle page which offers no magic resistance (bad when it comes to surviving level 6 burst). Whenever I play Draft I tend to end up as top/ mid lane which I experience very rarely, so I tend to preform slightly worse.

Devious Rogue

12-19-2012

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to know too many positions to play Competitive. Granted, you'll do better overall if you can play all the positions well, but even if you learn everything, there'll be roles you're better at. And yes, that means there'll be the occasional game where no-one on the team can/will play a certain position, but you'll come across other teams like that too and it works out to be not so bad overall, provided you can play your roles proficiently.