[GUIDE] Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShartSplatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2010

Ok, to start out this is my first guide. Think of it as a beginner's guide to Soraka. The reason I decided to write this was because I hear nothing but trash talk on Soraka, and most of it is either them just hating, or just plain wrong. 90% of the games I play with her I'm a very vital part of the team and there's always at least one person who says something along the lines of "Well you're not bad, but Soraka is a terrible champ."

And here we go...

Runes
I get HP Quints, CDR per level glyphs, CDR Marks, CDR Seals.
Reason: CDR is a big part of Soraka so you can bring out your heals as often as possible, but I don't get CDR items, if not until much later.

Masteries
9/0/21 - Get all the CDR.

Summoner Spells
I always bring ghost and teleport. Reason for this is to get to your allies as fast as possible to help, and ghost helps you run around healing like crazy while dodging enemies.

Items
Doran's Ring Because you're leveling Starcall as a priority a little extra manna regen is nice, the health helps you, and it pumps up your heal.

Majai's Soulstealer
. Most people will be like "...wtf?" Hear me out. Most of the time I'm dominating my lane because whoever I'm with can harass all they want, and if it's a strong char like Scion or Xin, you should be killing people. Even if your lane isn't doing the work, wait for a fight across the map where someone's going to die, and use your ult. Your heals give you assists! Also, spamming your Starfall in the middle of a fight makes your assist possibilities very good. It's rare that I don't get this to at least 10, and it provides cheap early AP.

Boots of Mobility Give you the ability to run around and stay alive. Your Starfall and heal don't stop it's passive so you keep zooming around. Pop Ghost and no one will catch you.

Archangels Staff Also depends on what's happening to see if you get the Tear or the Wand first. Just kind of judge it, I mostly go for the Tear first though, because after this I never have manna problems and can use my silence more offensively.

Zhonya's RingWith such amazing AP ratios your heals will be doing some serious work now. At the ELO I play in I hardly ever get focused, but if someone does get smart you can now use the passive for some survival time while your team kills them.

Now I leave some room for the game:Sometimes after my soulstealer, but before archangles I'll get a Kage's pick. You could upgrade this to a Deathfire if you wanted, giving you some more CDR, and some offensive capabilities with more AP for your heals. Locket would be an option. If you are getting focused, maybe some tank items. Whatever you think you really need right about now.

Added thoughts: As far as gameplay goes, beggining game I have two different ways of going about it. Put a level into Astral Blessing, two levels into Infuse, and power leveling Starfall. I just started using this one. Manna is more of a problem, so you start with the dorans. It's pretty simple, level the starcall and use it to farm and do damage to opponents. Try to surprise them with an infuse for the kill. If you have a teammate that can spam and do lots of damage it might be better to play a bit differently. First, you level your Astral Blessing and Infuse mostly, with a point in starfall and you just push your ally to kill kill kill.

Please comment on what you think of the build.

ShartSplatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

Shameless self bump because she's free now and I'm an attention *****.

MBirk

10-18-2010

Honestly, this sounds like a terrible idea.

CDR runes all across.

How much is that even?
Typical 9/0/21 gives you 9% cdr.
And then you do t3 blues giving 5.85% cdr. About 15%.
Leaving 25% you need to get.
10% blue pot, 20% golem. 10% locket, 15% dfg, etc.
Mix and match to get your ideal. (I like locket/blue elixer)

Then you go mejais.
And don't get any survival items at all. You did go 9 into def mastery granted. But I don't believe that would make up for no locket or SS or aegis. So I wonder how you aren't being just blown up or silenced.
Ghost/ boots of moblity. if someone touches you, you die. I could almost see swiftenss for that 3 movement in combat.
400 movement with swiftness, 435 with mobility ooc. Many champs would still be faster then you.
Kiting can be an effective means to win. esp when as soroka you have a huge bullseyes on you. But relying on it only seems like a recipe for disaster.

Most recommend leveling starcall and infuse over blessing.
This might seem crazy at first.
But winning and dominating a lane is about zoning out your opponents more then taking hits and healing up.
Starcall has a 630 range. Longer then most nukes. It is excellent at harassing and pushing people out of range of last hits, and exp.
Infuse also can be use to nuke/silence, denying a kill potentially. Or to fuel your starcalls, or a partner's harassing/farming skill.
Blessing also scales with ap at +1, and has a decent cd of 10s that doesnt change.
Meaning 1 rank of blessing will actually scale with ap pretty quickly, and so does your overall healing % with cdr.

ShartSplatter

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
Honestly, this sounds like a terrible idea.

CDR runes all across.

How much is that even?
Typical 9/0/21 gives you 9% cdr.
And then you do t3 blues giving 5.85% cdr. About 15%.
Leaving 25% you need to get.
10% blue pot, 20% golem. 10% locket, 15% dfg, etc.
Mix and match to get your ideal. (I like locket/blue elixer)
The runes add about 12% CDR, I don't buy CDR items until much later, so this is how I compensate and get some CDR immediately.

Quote:
Then you go mejais.
And don't get any survival items at all. You did go 9 into def mastery granted. But I don't believe that would make up for no locket or SS or aegis. So I wonder how you aren't being just blown up or silenced.
Ghost/ boots of moblity. if someone touches you, you die. I could almost see swiftenss for that 3 movement in combat.
400 movement with swiftness, 435 with mobility ooc. Many champs would still be faster then you.
Kiting can be an effective means to win. esp when as soroka you have a huge bullseyes on you. But relying on it only seems like a recipe for disaster.
It's pretty simple, always make sure you have teammates around, and put yourself in a position so that for them to attack you, they have to extend way too far and be an easy kill for your teammates. The mobility boots are way more useful that you make it sound. They help you get to allies quicker for that clutch heal, and they help you escape very often. Obviously this is a very squishy build, and the most difficult part of playing it is making yourself as hard as possible to attack. It's happened several times that the enemy finally realizes Soraka needs to die, so one of them will run straight for me and with proper positioning most of the time I make sure they pay for it.

Quote:
Most recommend leveling starcall and infuse over blessing.
This might seem crazy at first.
But winning and dominating a lane is about zoning out your opponents more then taking hits and healing up.
Starcall has a 630 range. Longer then most nukes. It is excellent at harassing and pushing people out of range of last hits, and exp.
Infuse also can be use to nuke/silence, denying a kill potentially. Or to fuel your starcalls, or a partner's harassing/farming skill.
Blessing also scales with ap at +1, and has a decent cd of 10s that doesnt change.
Meaning 1 rank of blessing will actually scale with ap pretty quickly, and so does your overall healing % with cdr.
I agree with this 100%, when I wrote this guide I was trying it out, now I have some experience in it so I'm going to do the editing on it right now.