Feedback on S3 Items on ARAM

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garlyle Wilds

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by junseii View Post
Inhibs can be taken rather quick in aram and if you shell out for a banner you feel a little silly.

Perhaps it might be worth looking into allowing the banner buff super minions to an extent, or possibly promoting a caster or melee minion if the inhibitor is destroyed.
Alternatively, give us a new, cheap version of Banner of Command so we can purchase it early, and sell it later when we've taken down an inhibitor. (Maybe something with just the minion aura/active and no stats?)

Also, I definitely agree that aura items may need some reworking for PG. You are always with your teammates in this mode - the gold premiums are absolutely insane.

ploki122

12-19-2012

There's a huge lack of Madred/BoRK.
I also think that banner of command isn't worth the buy, unless you rush it there is a very high chance that you won't use it for very long (since you can pretty easily miss a tank by dieing or fighting and simply not seeing it, meaning you have to wait 3 more waves), that the effect is pretty limited (it's not useful at all against a lot of champs like WW, Fidd, Mundo, fiora, vlad, Taric. I would suggest to being back promote for PGand potentially remove Banner. Or simply make banner work on super minions (only PG or not).
Otherwise, I think some kind of Graves' Smokescreen item, but without the lag, could be nice, it would add a zone control possibility for melee teams.
Also to counter poke teams, an item that spawns a "wall" with X hp could work...

Semaphor

12-20-2012

Hydra + Cleaver on Fiora is pretty insane. Unless the enemy has several hard CC and focuses you, it's usually over when I get both items.

Best Lolicon NA

12-20-2012

blade of the ruined king should be buyable along with torch, it's really hard to combat heavy hp stacking on the map.

who am i again

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Banner of Command is usable. You just have to make sure a cannon minion is nearby. It won't work on super minions.
I think what he meant to say was banner of command is a trap item, 5 people can easily destroy a promoted minions. This isnt like Sr when you can promote one lane than go split another.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

12-20-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by who am i again View Post
I think what he meant to say was banner of command is a trap item, 5 people can easily destroy a promoted minions. This isnt like Sr when you can promote one lane than go split another.
The item still has applications. If there's any chance it can be used in a smart fashion, I wouldn't want to remove it unless the trap case was very negative.

Its passive also remains applicable to champions like Malzahar and Elise.

Komeiji Koishi

12-20-2012

Actually, Banner of command is most powerful against team comps that lack single-target burst, and even then it wastes enemy mana trying to destroy the super minion. I remember when promote was still around we'd have at least one person grabbing it, because against squishies it's like having a half-champion of sorts deal damage and pressures they're tower causing one of them to initiate.

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

feel a bit helpless when an enemy yi waits at base to rush a nlr and comes into lane with 100+ ap

other than that i think aram is fine, i just wish your spawn pool healed you when your inhibitor was down

NotBuzzJack

12-20-2012

I think it would be beneficial to enable Ohmwrecker on ARAM. Due to the randomness of the teams, stalemates occur much more often than on any other map.
ARAM matches are supposed to be fast, and stalemates slow them down.

LightEcho

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'd love to know how people feel about S3 Warmog's.
Strong but I feel warmogs was always strong.