Feedback on S3 Items on ARAM

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neyke

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'd love to know how people feel about S3 Warmog's.
GOD

I had a shen game today on ABAM (it was a loss, but I don't give anything about it anymore xD)

it was hilarious, I felt like Mundo, except with a knife throw, a shield, a taunt and a teleport with a shield. MUNDO!

Thing is:

It's kinda sad that the effect doesn't stack anymore... But that makes it balanced at least.

mtl Suu

12-19-2012

Quote:
I'd love to know how people feel about S3 Warmog's.
It's incredibly hard to deal with. The defensive power it gives far outscales any offensive options you can get at that time in the game on a lot of champions. Champions with a strong kit that scale well with health like Olaf, Shen or Mundo become monsters and can snowball a game really hard.

NotBuzzJack

12-19-2012

To be completely honest, Void Staff. I need my magic resist to survive poke and to initiate, but the magic pen from Void Staff is just too much.

SylianEUW

12-19-2012

I think Aegis of the Legion is too strong at the moment. In this game mode, you are more often 5 champions gathered than in the other game modes, and it's so cost effective when there are 5 champions around. 2150 gold paid for 5760 gold value. The upgrade, Bulwark, is 3200 gold for 7855.55 gold value.

What would happen if Doran's Ring and Doran's Blade were replaced with Prospector's Ring and Prospector's Blade?

Cronovey

12-19-2012

Hurricane seems a bit nuts in PG games. The constant poking back and forth makes it very good, and on champions with super high range (Caitlyn, even Tristana) it can become quite a powerful tool.

The new Warmog's is quite powerful; however, no more powerful than allowing the old one with a FoN. Honestly, it just seems to propel the games into a faster pace if anything because instead of your tanks having to save up for multiple items before they can start tower dives and all in team fights, they can do it after a single item now. It's powerful but fits in well in a game where you're most likely joining in for a casual match to finish quickly.

I'd like to see Blade of the Ruined King added, however. It's relatively well balanced and ADC's are stuck with Kitae's Bloodrazor, which probably should have been removed with MBR because of the impractical magic damage.

Liandry's seems a bit powerful for the map though, especially with the amount of ranged poke that goes out from AP champions on this map. Dr. Mundo with a Liandry's hits you with a cleaver? Hope you have 2 healing relics available.

Necroclysm

12-19-2012

Quote:
Banner of Command is usable. You just have to make sure a cannon minion is nearby. It won't work on super minions.

I posted this in the Dominion patch thread you made, but you may not have seen it(since we had no PG forum yet).

The proposed changes for shortening the stacking time/amount needed to stack on things like RoA and the tear items... is it possible to get those on this map as well? It is pretty rare that I can actually finish stacking a tear and get to actually use the resulting item.

Every now and then I will get a very long game, but they are certainly not the norm.

innervation

12-19-2012

Runan's is strong, but you're sacrificing crit and damage to get it, so I'm ok with that trade off.

I don't mind warmogs.

Some of my friends say Bulwark is silly because it's so good it's a 'must buy' which effectively limits one players itemization. I don't see it that way. I think anyone who mains support likes getting items like that, even if they didn't random a support champ. It's also a nice balanced (gives 3 stats) defensive item for pretty much any melee. I think it should stay as is.

BoTRK should be implemented for sure. I see bruisers like Jarvan, mundo, and amumu that are indestructible late game while still doing insane damage b/c they have a % damage ability.

As a caveat for the Rioters that are dropping in and reading: it's very hard to get a good feel for item balance without matchmade queues (not saying "WTF riot were iz our queues???", just being real). I fought against a team that bought 3 early warmogs the other day, but we still won pretty easily. Because I'm usually in a premade with other friends that are like me (~gold elo, can play a huge pool of champs well), we are a bit shielded from some of the disadvantages many people have in arams.

Player skill is nerfed as a measure of success in ARAM, but in the long run, if you simulate 10,000 games of team 1700 elo versus team 1300 elo, the results will be pretty lopsided.

YokoZar

12-19-2012

Quote:
Banner of Command is usable. You just have to make sure a cannon minion is nearby. It won't work on super minions.
Why not greatly increase the range of the item?

YokoZar

12-19-2012

Also, I feel like new emblem of valor is really really good. Aegis/Bulwark are also really good, and interestingly they stack with emblem of valor.

HP5/level quintessences are probably very good too, but are so expensive and otherwise useless almost no summoner will have them.

Why is HP5 so good? Because unlike other maps, there's no secondary objectives, so a team with more sustain can much more easily just hang back conservatively and regenerate without losing anything.

innervation

12-19-2012

Quote:
Right. I've only gotten this item once. It feels really rewarding to use, but the rest of the game was spent with an inhib down, and felt like I wasted my money. Maybe make it affect 2 ranged minions instead of one siege?