Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Casual LoL tournament (New tournament format!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laberge

12-19-2012

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to see if people find it more useful to play only 1 round of a tournament a day rather then playing an entire 8 team bracket out over 3+ hours.

It goes like this:

TIMELINE:

• The first bracket will run on December 26, 2012 at 1PM PST with 8 teams
  • The second bracket will run on December 27, 2012 at 1PM PST with 4 teams
  • The final 2 teams will play on December 28, 2012 at 1PM PST

Format:

This is an open tournament for any team of 5 who wishes to play.

I’m setting a soft cap at 1800 ELO for players (some players can be higher but it must average 1800).

The format is a single elimination bracket, which is to be played over 3 days with 8 teams. Instead of playing all the rounds a single go, I want to create a format for people who’ve got less time can still play.

I’ll be setting this up as an 8 team bracket to keep the tournament to 3 days. If it fills up quickly I’ll open another tournament.

Registration runs from December 19 - 24, 2012

Check in:
  • TEAM CAPTAINS MUST CHECK IN ONE HOUR PRIOR TO THE EVENT, they will be eliminated if I do not hear from them prior to the games starting. Please check in at 12PM PST.
  • Join the League of Legends chat channel “CasualLoLtourney” and confirm your team will be playing.

Rules:
  • Rounds are best of one 1
  • Teams are disqualified if they do not check in prior to the event
  • Flaming, raging or negative behaviour will result in disqualification

Add me in game as “laberge” or reach me at laberge (AT) battlefy.com

REGISTRATION

http://battlefy.com/laberge/138/casual-lol-tournament-1/#/info

If you have any questions, let me know by commenting below, I hope you guys find the idea interesting.

laberge

12-20-2012

first team signed up!

by the way I'm open to play in a team and I have a partner who will be with me. we need a group of 3 others. let me know if your interested!

Kkxyooj

12-20-2012

Quote:
laberge:
first team signed up!

by the way I'm open to play in a team and I have a partner who will be with me. we need a group of 3 others. let me know if your interested!

I'd like to join and possibly be mid or bot. Of course, my highest rating was 1600, but currently I am at 1450.

CLG DoubIelift

12-20-2012

what is the prize