Would it be a mistake to buy Vayne for soloque at level 22?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xialoh

12-19-2012

I need an ADC, and I don't really like Ezreal much (I may just get over it though). I want to buy either Vayne with her dragonslayer skin, or Miss Fortune with mafia. I'm mostly doing soloque blind pick, and occasionally duo/trio que with a friend or two.

Would this be a mistake? I understand she takes some time to learn, and has a weak early game, but I'm not sure that matters at this level. Half the time there isn't even a jungler on the enemy team.

So yeah. I'm just looking for another ADC to play, and Vayne is what I WANT, but keep hearing is lacking severely until late game (or possibly mid game?). If Vayne looks to be not even slightly viable, MF is my fallback. And if not MF, then Varus, or I abandon ADC and buy Talon or Riven instead for fun factor. Thanks for any opinions.

Shottymaster

12-19-2012

With the severe lack of communication in lower level games, you should be able to abuse the enemy team fairly easily as Vayne, especially if you opt to roam. Her DPS is absurd, and she can actually gank really well with her ult, Ghost (if you want it, not really necessary but amusing nonetheless), and Condemn.

You can get fed easily as Vayne, because your lane opponents WILL screw up and give you kills, and get to your hypercarry status much earlier than high Elo players would.

JaggedHa

12-19-2012

If Vayne is what you want to play then by all means play her. She has an amazing late game.

Xialoh

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shottymaster View Post
With the severe lack of communication in lower level games, you should be able to abuse the enemy team fairly easily as Vayne, especially if you opt to roam. Her DPS is absurd, and she can actually gank really well with her ult, Ghost (if you want it, not really necessary but amusing nonetheless), and Condemn.

You can get fed easily as Vayne, because your lane opponents WILL screw up and give you kills, and get to your hypercarry status much earlier than high Elo players would.
I see, I was hoping for that more or less. About how many items do I need to reach this status though? Thinkng my build path would be berserker's, then Bloodthirster or Phantom Dancer / Stattik Shiv, then Last Whisper or Black cleaver, depending on armor values I see. And quicksilver sash is in there somewhere I'm pretty sure.

So yeah, just curious as to whether or not I'd reach usefulness before surrender at 20 happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggedHa View Post
If Vayne is what you want to play then by all means play her. She has an amazing late game.
She definitely looks fun, and the late game really is amazing from what I've spectated.

Shottymaster

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xialoh View Post
So yeah, just curious as to whether or not I'd reach usefulness before surrender at 20 happens.
If you play Vayne, you'll likely be the reason either team surrenders at 20 :P

Malyki87

12-19-2012

Xialoh, Vayne is my main and let me tell you she is definitely my #1 adc and she is also a top tiered champion. Now build wise, I always go Mercury threads, bloodthirster, phantom dancer, Infinity Edge, Hurricane, Last Whisper. If you get ahead early game you can get the hurricane first instead of the phantom dancer to help you farm bot lane quicker and better.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyki87 View Post
Mercury threads
I believe you mean Berserker greaves.

OP, at your level, you can try pretty much anything. It may be that Vayne will work out nicely for you, or maybe not. As she's rather expensive, you may be better off trying cheaper AD carries like Ashe and Sivir, or at least something less expensive then 6300, like Twitch or Caitlin.