Competitive Howling Abyss team looking for the best players

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrosPigeon

10-02-2013

My group of friends and I are looking for strong and dedicated Howling Abyss players for competitive and casual play. We have won over 35 tournament games and only lost a single one in an ARAM BO3 but then won the round 2/1. We have earned 10 consecutive tournaments 1st places including 2 ADAM (draft) and 8 ARAM tournaments.

We had a 23/0 record with 8 consecutive tournament 1st places on TheProSauce.com before it went down.

We are looking for people that are interested in:

• Competing in Howling Abyss tournaments (ARAM/ADAM/ABAM)
  • Playing ADAM private custom games (inhouses)
  • Queuing ARAM at high mmr (2,4k & higher)
  • Discussing Howling Abyss strategies
You do not need to own an ARAM smurf account
Regardless if you have an ARAM smurf account or not, we are looking for skilled players above all.

To join our team
For those interested in playing in tournaments, you could potentially earn a place on our team first as a sub since we already have a complete roster of 5. You must have a very flexible schedule, very high personnal skills, a wide champion pool and a competitive mindset. You must also be open minded when it comes to strategies and shot calling.

Add GrosPigeon and What is a Wolf if you wish to submit your candidacy.

We are also looking for another team to practice with
We are always looking for another team to play ADAM inhouses with. Let us know if you are interested.

JmbombARAM

10-02-2013

I wonder how many bad competitive aram players I could find

edit: hi I like dr pepper and I approve this message

Euthrosyne

10-02-2013

I'd consider it, except I'm lazy, live thirteen time zones away, and have a sub-optimal champion pool. I'm also reckless and slightly busy with other things ^^;

Good luck finding people, though! It would be nice to form a community of players that actually takes the map seriously.

I cheat at ARAM

10-03-2013

5x 2.1k mmr queuing together must give the match making algorithm an anxiety attack...

Shouldn't you be throwing a handful of matches so that you can actually play the game in a reasonable amount of time?

Bions

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I cheat at ARAM View Post
5x 2.1k mmr queuing together must give the match making algorithm an anxiety attack...

Shouldn't you be throwing a handful of matches so that you can actually play the game in a reasonable amount of time?
You'd be surprised. Our average queuing time is around 10 minutes, but it's usually shorter. If that sounds slightly high, I think I can speak for everyone in our premade when I say that we prefer quality games over quantity. I would prefer playing 1x 25 minute game over 5x 15 min stomps. Not to mention that throwing matches is counter-intuitive. We want to playtest against what we would usually lose to, not play as many games as possible.

And even in 2.1k mmr games, we rarely lose, even at a huge disadvantage. Which is why we want to gather more good players. Ideally we'd want to host full 5v5 scrims in custom and practice like that but the format doesn't have enough experienced players, as arrogant as it sounds. It's also the reason why we didn't even have a single loss or even a game over 15 minutes in the tournament we previously won.

LrdVprScrpn

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmbombARAM View Post
I wonder how many bad competitive aram players I could find

You have my bowaxe!

JmbombARAM

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVprScrpn View Post
You have my bowaxe!
no ****ing clue what you just said

QETCMMMover

10-03-2013

Quote:
and my axe

LrdVprScrpn

10-03-2013

Quote:
It's a combination of an axe and a bow. It shoots tiny axes.

JmbombARAM

10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdvprscrpn View Post
it's a combination of an axe and a bow. It shoots tiny axes.
has nothing to do with anything

12345 ... 7