Nami fell off?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTuff

12-21-2012

My limited experience is she didn't seem very good in bot. She helped a good amount in the late game team fights.

Inyc

12-21-2012

She's fine. She could use a bit of a cooldown reduction on her W (which she is getting) a bit of a missile speed increase on her Q and AA.

But mainly, she needs more base HP. Its absurd that with +500 HP from items, I have less HP than my ADC with no HP items.

MrSnitches

12-21-2012

I see her played fairly frequently compared to other Champions.

Disgruntler

12-21-2012

Nami's Q is easier to land than Janna's Q, and is just as good a zoning tool.

And if she lands her Q anywhere near a level 6 kogmaw, anything she caught with it is completely 100% dead.

She's like a Janna who can go more aggressive. And she's a strong counterpick against melee supports.

Dracos Kasurani

12-21-2012

Generally, I dont play Nami with random teamate. I love her but her ability are too slow sometime and her ult casting animation make the wave sometime useless and the wave himself is slow.

RadiantPyrophore

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
When teaching people or playing chess I'm often told that I'm predictable. To which I respond,

"does predicting when the bomb goes off actually solve your delimna?"

or

"you can also see a train coming from miles away, but this doesn't seem to make playing on the tracks any safer now does it?"

In a game of strategy, those who rely on the enemy being incapable are doomed to lose to competence. Speeding up nami's abilities or even making it a point blank ability isn't going to fix anything. It will probably warp the meta a bit but it wont really fix the real issue which isn't nami. Its her summoners
I more or less main support in soloQ, and I can tell you, Nami is great late game(for a support), but her early game is just lacking. As far as her E needing communication, the problem is, enemies that communicate will also shut it down easily, so, no, communication doesn't fix her. Her Q might have been okay in season one or two, but with higher base move speeds, it's totally impossible to hit without forcing the enemy's move, for which Q is your only tool so... basically, in laning phase, you're only going to hit it on bads and people who just don't care.

Nami also has no capability whatsoever to freeze a lane if her ADC has to B. So by herself, she's really weak. She might be good against some lanes, like Leona, just because you can predict where Leona is going to end up, but other than that, just no.

The missile speed on her W is also way, way too slow, basically as it is now, to even have an even ratio with any other common support heal or harass, you have to be in trading range for every other support in the game, which is a place where it just doesn't measure up to things like Taric's, Leona's, or Alistar's AoE's, and over long ranges it only hits once for heal and once for damage which is also barely measuring up to other easier to use support harass abilities and requires SOMEONE to be unreasonably close to the enemy for a long period of time. Nami being one of the squishy supports, cannot do it, so, outside of Graves, she's pretty much SoL on that one.

D3adlyDrag0on

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
Agreed. But we'll see a bunch of people tell you she's fine with no Nami games in their history. The reason there's no history is because they know she isn't good enough. That's proof enough. She has a cool design, but weak ult (broad, but not nearly as good as Sej). She does no damage, her missile speed is too slow on Q. Her heal is good, but otherwise she's just almost good enough.

Supports that don't do damage are almost out of the Meta. I've seen a lot of bruisers down as supports, and they seem to do very well. Leona is the one exception, and Taric a bit who I've just started playing.
It sounds to me like you're wanting an OP support, not a good support.

A well placed ult doesn't do much damage, but if it hits... even one player while everyone scrambles, it's an opportunity.

Any well communicated game is all about opportunity. Her "useless" Q is a tidechanger if it unexpectedly lands on an enemy, the speed your granted when chasing a lone wolf is a serious benefit.

Regardless of anything, you have to remember: It's a support, it's not a tank, nor a damage dealer... A support changes games, and most good teams will protect that support.

She needs a change here and there, but a well played nami as is now is a well rounded champion in my opinion, and I love playing support... Regardless of how this gets rated I find this entire thread to be a useless argument.

RadiantPyrophore

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adlyDrag0on View Post
It sounds to me like you're wanting an OP support, not a good support.

A well placed ult doesn't do much damage, but if it hits... even one player while everyone scrambles, it's an opportunity.

Any well communicated game is all about opportunity. Her "useless" Q is a tidechanger if it unexpectedly lands on an enemy, the speed your granted when chasing a lone wolf is a serious benefit.

Regardless of anything, you have to remember: It's a support, it's not a tank, nor a damage dealer... A support changes games, and most good teams will protect that support.

She needs a change here and there, but a well played nami as is now is a well rounded champion in my opinion, and I love playing support... Regardless of how this gets rated I find this entire thread to be a useless argument.
We want a support you can take into a game and not have a better than 50% chance of losing your lane with.

RadiantPyrophore

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
Nami's Q is easier to land than Janna's Q, and is just as good a zoning tool.

And if she lands her Q anywhere near a level 6 kogmaw, anything she caught with it is completely 100% dead.

She's like a Janna who can go more aggressive. And she's a strong counterpick against melee supports.
Only at max range, at anything less Janna's instafire Q is much better and also has a vastly larger AoE.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
I more or less main support in soloQ, and I can tell you, Nami is great late game(for a support), but her early game is just lacking. As far as her E needing communication, the problem is, enemies that communicate will also shut it down easily, so, no, communication doesn't fix her. Her Q might have been okay in season one or two, but with higher base move speeds, it's totally impossible to hit without forcing the enemy's move, for which Q is your only tool so... basically, in laning phase, you're only going to hit it on bads and people who just don't care.

Nami also has no capability whatsoever to freeze a lane if her ADC has to B. So by herself, she's really weak. She might be good against some lanes, like Leona, just because you can predict where Leona is going to end up, but other than that, just no.

The missile speed on her W is also way, way too slow, basically as it is now, to even have an even ratio with any other common support heal or harass, you have to be in trading range for every other support in the game, which is a place where it just doesn't measure up to things like Taric's, Leona's, or Alistar's AoE's, and over long ranges it only hits once for heal and once for damage which is also barely measuring up to other easier to use support harass abilities and requires SOMEONE to be unreasonably close to the enemy for a long period of time. Nami being one of the squishy supports, cannot do it, so, outside of Graves, she's pretty much SoL on that one.
is 750 units really unreasonably close?