Nami fell off?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFantasticFox

12-20-2012

We must be looking at something different. I didn't look at just platinum level, I left it at all levels. I still see on 12/16 her win rate at 48.35% up from a slight increasing pattern from previous days. Then the day after dropping to 42.52%. Popularity decreasing for sure. A bump in success but still hovering low 40s otherwise.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticFox View Post
We must be looking at something different. I didn't look at just platinum level, I left it at all levels. I still see on 12/16 her win rate at 48.35% up from a slight increasing pattern from previous days. Then the day after dropping to 42.52%. Popularity decreasing for sure. A bump in success but still hovering low 40s otherwise.
either way that's not something to ignore I think. maybe victor is the counter to elise lol

antioxidantx

12-20-2012

nami is fine the only thing that kills her is her heal mana cost if you max that out first which you should its 130 at rank 5 and if your adc is getting poked like crazy trying to keep him sustained is annoying to your mana bar so tons of early game mana regen helps alot, her Q is easy to land if you can expect where the enemy is going to walk other wise surprise cast from bushes if it isnt warded, only thing i find people dont do is when you cast nami's E on your adc and they dont utilize the 5 seconds or 3 auto attacks to poke the enemy with it, her ults fine.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by antioxidantx View Post
nami is fine the only thing that kills her is her heal mana cost if you max that out first which you should its 130 at rank 5 and if your adc is getting poked like crazy trying to keep him sustained is annoying to your mana bar so tons of early game mana regen helps alot, her Q is easy to land if you can expect where the enemy is going to walk other wise surprise cast from bushes if it isnt warded, only thing i find people dont do is when you cast nami's E on your adc and they dont utilize the 5 seconds or 3 auto attacks to poke the enemy with it, her ults fine.
Thats actually why I don't max that first. If I need it to be powerful I'll just build AP, the scaling isn't too bad and it gets the job done as long as you can hit at least two targets. Even at level 1. I max it second. If I'm doing well I'll just gun for it. If I'm worried about mana I'll put some points in E and keep the cost down but still max it second

Cerulean Laser

12-20-2012

Nami is a Water Caster so I am obligated to play her and I will continue to do so regardless.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

it's cause she's harder to play then normal. someone like taric is alot easier to use since u just have to stun someone rather then use a skill shot. She's actually really strong it's just too much of a hassle to play since u need coordination with ur teammate.

MonkeyMike

12-20-2012

I have to disagree with you on a lot of things, especially since I main support. First off, I feel as though any character is good if played properly, not one character sucks. Secondly, you have to remember Nami is a fairly new champion, not many people are familiar with her kit, strategies, and play-style, which can definitely take some getting used to. Every new champ when they first come out have such a huge hype, but after a week or two seem like they disappear, which is probably why you havent seen many Nami's around. Also, support is a very difficult position to play, and seeing as not many people play it, obviously means you have a less chance of seeing Nami.

My main Supports are Lulu, Sona, Nami, and Zyra all of which are fun and amazing characters to play, but Nami is by far the best of the 4 IMHO.

Kyu Ryu

12-20-2012

Reposting since got no feed back on this:

Nami's only problem is her lack of damage. I like the way most of her abilities are designed.

For exampe the damage part of her ebb and flow should at least be like this in damage.

70 / 110 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+60% AP) instead of 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+50% AP) like they are now.

Tidecaller's Blessing needs some major changes. The ability puts the champ your buffing in to much risk to be worth using as a poke of any kind. Its basically only useful in all out fights in which it is to late to become useful at that point since you didn't have the ability to wear down the enemies hp before the fight.

chezwickcheese

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
what makes her terrible?

Her strong peel/disable?

her battle changing multitargeted spell?

Her point blank phage imitation that makes her stun easier to use?

Or is it her teamfight deciding initiation chaser?
Steps to the left.....

Silkdawn

12-20-2012

Theres way more solid support champs than Nami. I see no reason what so ever to pick her instead of a better one.

I love support and I was jumping all over Nami when she was announced and got her as quick as possible. She has a good kit, sadly the kit is only looking good on paper. It lacks that little extra to make her a valid choice over other supports. A small number tweaking could probably put her back on track because she doesnt lack that much, just that little extra that would make me take her instead of other solid and proven support champs.