Nami fell off?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

As nami 90% of your mana should be spent while the carry is getting their **** whipped.
My lanemates sometimes seem upset that I wont heal them when they run back to me and I ping the enemy while their at half health.
I give them words of encouragement "grow a pair and attack you sorry sack of ****, get my ****ing milk money! I want my assists!"
This works on occasion

"Sometimes you're the catch. Sometimes you're the bait."
~nami

ImpTaimer

12-19-2012

1. "Nobody" likes playing support, especially complicated ones.
2. She's a support champ, not a champ with a support tag.
3. Fish boobs.

Skalerita

12-19-2012

Her heal is quite strong if you ask me. She seems fine to me, and don't compare her to blitz plz. It's just silly.

I really don't think she is UP,

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
1. "Nobody" likes playing support, especially complicated ones.
2. She's a support champ, not a champ with a support tag.
3. Fish boobs.
1. I'm somebody and I like playing support, you will stfu and get supported and ****ing like it maggot!
2. she's both a support and a champ with a support tag but first and foremost she is a mage
3. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

TheFantasticFox

12-19-2012

http://www.lolking.net/champions/nam...anked#overview

In ranked she has a 40% win rate. That is all time so it may include a high learning curve at the beginning but even this week she has been hovering at about 43-44%. Will this go up as people get better with her? Maybe. Personally, I think she has fallen off and will be another karma, waiting in the obscurity, in line behind a long list of other champions to get a buff.

Most people that argue that is fine talk about her kit. Everyone agrees she has a fun and excellent kit. Most people that feel she is underpowered recognize that the kit is most useful when already ahead. If you lose the first engage her stats make it very difficult to come back.

Kit is great, its a numbers game and personally I think she is weak. I feel much more effective with other champs.

Side note: It makes me very sad that they come out with an awesome new support that is only mediocre. Then almost immediately come out with an extremely powerful top bruiser :*(. WHY YOU HATE SUPPORTS RIOT!!!?!??!?!

C2K123

12-20-2012

My only issue with Nami, and some other support champs, is that my ADC doesn't really know what my champ does sometimes. I'm sure good communication remedies this.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticFox View Post
http://www.lolking.net/champions/nam...anked#overview

In ranked she has a 40% win rate. That is all time so it may include a high learning curve at the beginning but even this week she has been hovering at about 43-44%. Will this go up as people get better with her? Maybe. Personally, I think she has fallen off and will be another karma, waiting in the obscurity, in line behind a long list of other champions to get a buff.

Most people that argue that is fine talk about her kit. Everyone agrees she has a fun and excellent kit. Most people that feel she is underpowered recognize that the kit is most useful when already ahead. If you lose the first engage her stats make it very difficult to come back.

Kit is great, its a numbers game and personally I think she is weak. I feel much more effective with other champs.

Side note: It makes me very sad that they come out with an awesome new support that is only mediocre. Then almost immediately come out with an extremely powerful top bruiser :*(. WHY YOU HATE SUPPORTS RIOT!!!?!??!?!
something happened on december 16th that sharply dropped her winrate even though her popularity was falling gradually.

Could it have had something to do with the tournament in cologne?

She won one game and lost another.

Maybe people imitate something they shouldn't

TheFantasticFox

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
something happened on december 16th that sharply dropped her winrate even though her popularity was falling gradually.

Could it have had something to do with the tournament in cologne?

She won one game and lost another.

Maybe people imitate something they shouldn't
Do you mean she got a slight bump? It looked like it was up a couple percentage points. My guess is it was an anomaly. Statistics are funny cause you can bend them how you want. The only way the tournament would have big impact on the numbers is if someone was successful and revolutionized how to play her or something (much like the popularity boost Orianna got as people saw pros play as her).

It's a tough call but my two cents, she is sub par, though not by a lot, and still lots of fun. Soon after her release I was posting and hoping she could get a some minor fixes, I don't think riot cared or took notice so we'll see if she disappears or sticks around as a strong niche pick.

Cloner Stive

12-20-2012

Her Q isn't a projectile. It's always the same time from cast -> hit even if it's farther away. It only _looks_ like a projectile, but it operates like cho'gath's W.
Also yes, she's fine. I've been using her and she's been a great support for all of my matches so far.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticFox View Post
Do you mean she got a slight bump? It looked like it was up a couple percentage points. My guess is it was an anomaly. Statistics are funny cause you can bend them how you want. The only way the tournament would have big impact on the numbers is if someone was successful and revolutionized how to play her or something (much like the popularity boost Orianna got as people saw pros play as her).

It's a tough call but my two cents, she is sub par, though not by a lot, and still lots of fun. Soon after her release I was posting and hoping she could get a some minor fixes, I don't think riot cared or took notice so we'll see if she disappears or sticks around as a strong niche pick.
no, looking at platinum level play, her popularity was steadily decreasing but her winrate dropped dramatically on the 16th of december. I believe it was 7-8% in a single day.