How does assisting work??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mansa TChalla

12-19-2012

Especially with lee sin.

Here's an example. Normal game, went and jungled red for the level 2 gank. Bot was fine and the supports had warded down there and top was passive laners and too far away and I was on blue side. Mid got into some early exchanges. So I decided to gank mid after finishing level 3 really quick

Their mid must've not been paying attention and my mid ignited for the kill before I even got close. I knew there was a high chance of mid getting the fb, but I didn't want the kill to be trolled by some hp pot blocking the last tick of ignite. I shield to my mid and they get the kill as the enemy died under tower. But I got the assist even though I did nothing at all.

I didn't know I would get the assist but it happened even though I had no play in that fight

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-19-2012

You shielded your mid as your mid's enemy died, technically you assisted him even though the shield did nothing

SkepiX

12-19-2012

Well, you usually get an assist when just hitting a person once who died a couple mins. after that. However, if I'm reading correctly, you said that you did not touch this mid guy at all? Unless you shielded your teammate, that is why you got an assist.

Drukyul

12-19-2012

Just to clarify, if a 3rd person had given op a shield right after he shielded mid, would that person have shared in the assist gold? I believe so, but not positive.

SpAceWaffLeS

12-19-2012

You will get an assist as long as you are in combat with the person who dies.
By aiding an ally who is in combat with them, you will be in combat with them.

i.e. Enemy is low HP, your caitlyn starts up her Ult on him... you shield cait via janna shield or something. You will get assist.

Mansa TChalla

12-19-2012

But I figured that's a lame excuse to get an assist even though all I did was shield even though I was never in range of the opposing enemy ever.

Koivu

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Division Two View Post
But I figured that's a lame excuse to get an assist even though all I did was shield even though I was never in range of the opposing enemy ever.
scumbag riot giving assist gold to people.

why are you complaining about this?

Kr1sys

12-19-2012

Anytime you buff(with an ability) a champion that is in combat with an enemy and that enemy dies then you will get an assist regardless if that buff actually aided in the kill. I.e. Karthus hits R, Soraka pops R to heal him, Soraka will get assists if the heal increased Karthus' health.

Kr1sys

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Division Two View Post
It's better than not, Riot really doesn't have a way of telling how that shield impacted the fight, regardless if they did damage to it or not.

The shield itself could have put the enemy off from continuing to fight so he backed off and you happened to get the kill

Ogan

12-19-2012

Its so supports will get assists...