So why do people hate Machete so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

12-19-2012

there's no extra time involved considering the flags were already there via Eve's old passive.

Really, in psudocode it's like, three lines. Tops.

Naveed 20

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
I always get it. But I've never tried anything different.
I hate it because you can't try anything different.
People don't hate the machete, they hate being forced into getting it.

Iron Angel 2k3

12-19-2012

It should be noted that machete builds into wriggles which is essential for most aggressive junglers, so theres actually no reason NOT to get it.

Lazenby

12-19-2012

The new jungle does exactly what Riot wanted it to. It keeps the jungle from influencing the success of a lane prior to level 6.

In Season 2, a jungler could take boots and 3 pots and successfully gank a lane at level 2/3 with a good leash/smiteless blue/red. Any good player can now escape easily back to the protection of their tower because the jungler does not have the closing speed they once had.

The prevalence of boots as a starting item has gone way down due to this. The reason you took boots early (whether you realized it or not) was to help escape ganks. Now sustain and damage items like Doran's are becoming more prevalent again. The focus has moved back to farming and out laning your opponents.

This is great for laners -- the competition in lane has gotten much better. As a jungler though, it has been difficult for me to adjust. My favorite jungler, Amumu, has become my least favorite due to his inabiity to do anything meaningful before level 6 now. Even then, he is coming out of the jungle against mid's and top's that are two levels higher already. (I am thinking about switching to a heavier AP build with Spell Vamp.)

Mundo has become a better option for me due to his great clear time, but upgrading the machete seems like a waste often with him.