So why do people hate Machete so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kraxirra

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbur View Post
it only helps with the clear, it has no PVP capability what so ever...

with boots you got some gank speed potential.
WIth Cloth you got some armor.

with the machete you can push that lane harder and get yelled at for the lane tax ?
I agree w/you on the PvP part. It gives no useful ganking stats.

About the lane tax...maybe they are getting mad at you because you completely messed up the balance of the lane by walking in like an ogre. If I have the lane at even on my side of the River and you push it, I am going to get mad. I am going to get mad because you made it harder for me to get farmed and made it more dangerous for me. Also, when ppl do this, they never help get it reset so it can take 3, 4, 5, 6 waves to get it back to normal. Don't be this guy because someone said that jungler's have a right to 'lane tax.'

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksGoCAW View Post
Hate grabbing 5 pots.
Use WW then. He doesn't need more than 1 pot anyway.

Nbur

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
It doesn't work on lane minions. It's designed for junglers to stay evenly leveled with laners even if ganks fail. I really like the item, but do wish there was more diversity on options.
Are you serious?

you really expect me to believe they coded the jungle with a special binary bit so that machette ONLY works on jungle???

no sr. that 10% extra damage and true damage works on lane minions... the reason it isnt taken in the lane is because it has NO pvp relevance or ADC would eat it up...

EDIT: *******s took that much ****ing time to circumvent the machette from working in lane... shame we had to go thru the black cleaver holicost when they didnt think the unique passive thru...

AHeroNamedHawke1

12-19-2012

Its 300g for an item that only does damage to jungle monsters, is almost mandatory on every jungler and doesnt build into any gp/5
Junglers are poor enough as is

Irie Vibrator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
it only helps with the clear, it has no PVP capability what so ever...

with boots you got some gank speed potential.
WIth Cloth you got some armor.

with the machete you can push that lane harder and get yelled at for the lane tax ?
Machete ONLY works on jungle creeps.

Light Fantastic

12-19-2012

Hate to disappoint, but the Machete specifies "monsters". Lane creeps are minions.

Shadowy1

12-19-2012

I prefer rushing into an Aegis or Bulwark over rushing ancient golem. The components are cheaper, and the stats it gives as you build it are far more useful then the HP and mana regen. Many junglers don't even need those stats past their first or second clears. Machete is a good item, and the upgrades aren't terrible, but it just feels unneeded.

Koivu

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderXplosive View Post
yea it builds into the spirit stones....but not every champ needs mana regen ._. ....
Then build madreds razors?

Voidgolem

12-19-2012

Quote:
Are you serious?

you really expect me to believe they coded the jungle with a special binary bit so that machette ONLY works on jungle???

no sr. that 10% extra damage and true damage works on lane minions... the reason it isnt taken in the lane is because it has NO pvp relevance or ADC would eat it up...
Someone doesn't know how Eve's passive used to work.

Yes, there's a binary bit for "minion" and "monster"

Nbur

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraxirra View Post
I agree w/you on the PvP part. It gives no useful ganking stats.

About the lane tax...maybe they are getting mad at you because you completely messed up the balance of the lane by walking in like an ogre. If I have the lane at even on my side of the River and you push it, I am going to get mad. I am going to get mad because you made it harder for me to get farmed and made it more dangerous for me. Also, when ppl do this, they never help get it reset so it can take 3, 4, 5, 6 waves to get it back to normal. Don't be this guy because someone said that jungler's have a right to 'lane tax.'
All i was pointing out was that the only use for the machette in an early gank scenario is ... well there isnt one and thus the idea of pushing popped into my head...

when things are working well you can get to bot at the right time after a good exchange from your bot laners and push the tower getting 50% health around the 5 to 7 minute mark...

IMO that damage on the tower will help win the lane....