What do champion passives add to the game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ALSO MaiNtaiN

12-19-2012

I feel that champion passives in general make the game more difficult to balance. Some of them are just so much better than others and many of them could easily be thrown onto one of the champion's main spells as an added effect. Some passives make the champion not suck entirely (Renekton) and others make the champion too strong and difficult to balance (Irelia, Katarina).

I could have typed more, but I'm lazy. Just giving my two cents. Just don't clearly see what passives add to the game besides balance issues.

CaptainMĂ„rvelous

12-19-2012

Actually they help balance our some champions.

Like Draven wouldn't really be that well off if you take away his passive. Meanwhile Kog doesn't have a passive if you play him perfectly but that's ok because he has all these other things going for him.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

So you just want to remove them altogether, breaking virtually every champion's kit in one fell swoop?

KillerJaedong

12-19-2012

Passive grants more flavour to the champion. It's like one more ability (but usually less impacting)

By your logic, yes the less the easier to balance.
And you're correct.

1 skill champions would be much easier to balance than 50 skill champion.
Curren't "champion uniqueness" involves 4 abilities and one passive. At any point, that could change if Riot wants to, but at the moment it's quite successful as far as fun goes.

ALSO MaiNtaiN

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
So you just want to remove them altogether, breaking virtually every champion's kit in one fell swoop?
not exactly. many passives can be added to some champions kits while others should be removed completely and replaced with something easier to work around.