Mad about the Legacy Skins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Honduras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

My only question is why. I am not looking for "because they said so," but rather why it bothers you that more people get a rare skin. They aren't being permanently re-released, only for a small window so that a few more people, statistically speaking, can receive it. Honestly, I just bought snowmerdinger and was gifted a badger teemo, and I'm absolutely thrilled. So why does it make you unhappy that I was able to get something I've wanted for so long? Why do you savor my unfulfilled longing for snowmerdinger instead of being stoked that I can support Riot and get something I'll enjoy?

TL;DR
it isn't that long, feel free to go back and read it.

Justin BeiBR

12-18-2012

Because selfish

Honduras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Any other reasons? There has been no shortage of angst about this in the forums, and here is a place to explain the discontent. Anything at all?

Noctix

12-18-2012

I really don't care if more people get certain skins. To be completely honest if I could have it my way I'd prefer all skins to be available all year long. :P

Kahriel

12-18-2012

when they first retired them they said they would bring them back for short periods from time to time. all they are doing is what they said they were gonna do.

Circuit Bear

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Doomerdinger View Post
My only question is why. I am not looking for "because they said so," but rather why it bothers you that more people get a rare skin. They aren't being permanently re-released, only for a small window so that a few more people, statistically speaking, can receive it. Honestly, I just bought snowmerdinger and was gifted a badger teemo, and I'm absolutely thrilled. So why does it make you unhappy that I was able to get something I've wanted for so long? Why do you savor my unfulfilled longing for snowmerdinger instead of being stoked that I can support Riot and get something I'll enjoy?

TL;DR
it isn't that long, feel free to go back and read it.

Here is my problem. While I understand the difference between Legacy and Limited, I don't like the fact the skin I happened to be around for and really enjoyed playing because it had extra non expressed(not animation wise or anything, just simple rarity) value, is being sold again. Which I happen to have already yet I can't get any of the skins that I want in return for teh skin I purchased previously being offered to others.

I somewhat understand what I think happened here where they decided to stop using limited skins in total for the most part and just use legacy now, but it still leaves a mildly bitter taste in my mouth. Not that its not fair(if the reasoning is just because when I started playing the decided to not use limited anymore, which is what I assumed happened) But I slightly get the short end of the stick. No bewitching nidalee, no Christmas MF or Gragas, no Silent Night Sona. What I had was what was released a month after I started, Mistletoe Leblanc. Which was special to me because it was my first skin and something that was rare.

I did complain once on the forums about the legacy skins being brought back which I regret now, but I believe my forementioned assumption is what happened, thus I understand why. I still wish they had waited a year or two longer before bringing back the 2011 skins, I feel it was a bit too early and devalued their legacy position.

Edit:: I just want to add, I don't think they shouldn't bring the skins back, I simply got unlucky with timings and when I started. Had I started a few months earlier I could have gotten Bewitching nidalee, but I didn't and everything since 2011 Christmas from my understanding is Legacy. But everything before was Limited. So I will never get the skins I want, I honestly don't want to intrude on other people's happiness, believe me, but it is a bit bitter and unlucky.

Oznap

12-18-2012

Legacy is pseudo-rare its a illusion meant to give people that special feeling people with rare skins have.
Only bummer is that limited edition skins would only come once every full moon or more specifically every new seasonal championship so people who want a special skin will have to wait and wait for only 1 skin on a champion they may like or not.

If Riot go forth with their trading idea. Perhaps the can make some older legacy skins into limited edition skins. Riot milks the skin every last penny on its final sale and people get their limited edition skin.

Hotsuchi

12-18-2012

All I've ever wanted in life was a silent night sona =(

Antholagnia

12-18-2012

Weren't these skins discontinued for a reason: sub par quality? I haven't looked at them closely. I just assumed this is the reason why they aren't usually available.

ImANubCake

12-18-2012

I wanted Lollipoppy. Guess no...